Sponsored

Based on the response/reactions on here, could the Raptor end up pushing Ford to go nuclear and drop a V8 in a street legal bronco?

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No, the Bronco Raptor owes its existence to the F150 Raptor just like the the Ranger Raptor will.

The bronco raptor and ranger raptor owe their names to the F150 raptor…. The only reason Ford green lighted production of the Bronco Raptor is to one up Jeep. Competition is an awesome force for creating amazing vehicles.
Sponsored

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think there is a better chance of seeing a Bronco Raptor EV. Look at the HP ratings in the Lightning

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Despite all the grumbling for a V8, I doubt that Ford will have any problem finding buyers for a 3.0 ecoboost Bronco Raptor. I suspect they will comfortably meet their sales targets.

So, I actually don't believe that Ford is feeling pressured by the response/reactions on here...

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Despite all the grumbling for a V8, I doubt that Ford will have any problem finding buyers for a 3.0 ecoboost Bronco Raptor. I suspect they will comfortably meet their sales targets.

So, I actually don't believe that Ford is feeling pressured by the response/reactions on here...
cough, blue FE interior, cough...

When you're late to the party and making assumptions, you just maybe wrong. Ford added a black interior to the First Edition because "Ford felt felt pressured by the response/reactions on here (Bronco6g).

First Edition Bronco Will Have Navy Pier Interior Option Only

First Look: All Black Leather Interior On First Edition Bronco

Last edited:

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

When you're late to the party and making assumptions, you just maybe wrong. Ford added a black interior to the First Edition because "Ford felt felt pressured by the response/reactions on here (Bronco6g).

True, but that is a lot simpler addition/fix then adding an engine the vehicle was never designed for and not really having an engine that's a good fit for the application

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So before you light your torches and hurl your pitchforks, I know already the V8 has been discussed ad nauseum on here and the consensus, even from Ford is "NO V8 FOR YOU!"
I get it, but I'm a bit curious now, with the 392 Jeep having its honking V8, the majority of reactions not being overly impressed with the Braptor, and the Braptor most likely being underpowered compared to the 392... If the demand flops a bit for the Braptor, I think Ford might say enough, and release the kracken so to speak.....
Just my opinion, curious if anyone might think the same.
Look back throughout automotive history, Ford has never been about having the highest horsepower rating, I doubt that they are about to start now.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Probs not

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch 4dr 2023 Black Diamond 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they would just unlock the computer for others to do it !! Would be nice

Sponsored

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Haha, alright. There are two things I would want to mention in regards to this.

1. Can we please just acknowledge the massive difference in cost, complexity, and manufacturing execution that exists between changing the color scheme for the interior and changing the entire drivetrain? Yes? Ok.

2. Can we please also please acknowledge the fact that Ford was already fully aware that everyone wanted a V8? Yes? I mean, let's get real here...

Why would a bunch of complaining cause them to completely change course when they already knew ahead of time that everyone was going to complain?

*JUST EDITED TO ADD*

Honestly, I would be genuinely happy if I were proven wrong. A V8 Bronco Raptor would be awesome!

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting idea.... I a ZZ572 would be a nice factory option.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Magic 8 Ball says, ‘outlook is bleak’. I’d say the odds of getting a V8 are about the same as Ford reversing the decision to screw over early reservation holders to favor large dealerships.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot of people said that the Tow Rating for the Bronco Raptor would be Less that the Non-Raptor Broncos, as that's the case for the F150 Raptor vs. the F150. Just saying....

Will @Ford Motor Company offer a V8 in a Bronco, not likely, but they could and if so, I'd buy it. Especially if the V8 is the Baby Godzilla.....

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't see it happening, look how long its taking them to drop the V8 F150 RAPTOR. I think that was in response to the TRX. Just like the 392 was in response to the Bronco.
Sponsored