Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Before i put my top 5 reasons, just to be up front, i am trolling. I very much look forward to my new bronco. I have had a 1995 bronco and a jeep tj and jk.

1. Jeep has been making a consistent product for many years at this point vs a first year remake of bronco.

2. Jeep has a more rugged look vs the more “car” like appearance with the straight lines of the bronco.

3. Jeep articulation is much better.

4. Bronco has tried and never been able to maintain. They have had the first gen bronco that is similar to the remake. The larger version of the bronco which was a total different look and purpose. The bronco II, and now a reboot.

5. Jeep has a diesel and V8 option.

Come at me!!!
6. SoLiD fROnT aXLe
Sponsored

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Bronco is better in almost every way; that's why I'm ordering one. But I think a better thread would've been the reasons Ford didn't put their foot on Jeep's neck and make the Wrangler completely irrelevant. Here are my "Jeep killer" ideas:

- Roof: Bronco's is lighter and easier to remove, and in more sections for different configurations. However, the clamshell could've been better designed for one person removal AND multiple sections so it could be stored in the vehicle.

-Powerboost, or similar: all the marketing that went into an outdoorsy lifestyle, but no way to power your campsite unless you haul your own generator.

-Plug-in hybrid: could've been the daily driving option AND powerboost needed when aux electricity is needed. I don't believe 4xe is wired as such

-Small details: AC vents behind the center console, cupholders, multiple detents for back seat recline (although some literature says it's available on 4 door, nobody has seen it in action), and lay flat/level back seats, & front passenger seat fold

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think everyone should expirence a death wobble

Unlimited parts aftermarket

Chicks dig them

Dogs love them

When you own a jeep you always know what your diong tomarrow (working on it)

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Before i put my top 5 reasons, just to be up front, i am trolling. I very much look forward to my new bronco. I have had a 1995 bronco and a jeep tj and jk.

1. Jeep has been making a consistent product for many years at this point vs a first year remake of bronco.

2. Jeep has a more rugged look vs the more “car” like appearance with the straight lines of the bronco.

4. Bronco has tried and never been able to maintain. They have had the first gen bronco that is similar to the remake. The larger version of the bronco which was a total different look and purpose. The bronco II, and now a reboot.

Come at me!!!
You can order a Jeep with a white top.
You can order a manual in various levels of trim.
You can order the Alpine premium stereo as a stand alone option.
You can order a winter package as a stand alone option.
There is a tan and a black interior choice.
Advanced safety group including ACC can be ordered as a package.
$795 trailer tow includes a bigger alternator, a bigger battery, and aux switch panel in addition to the receiver and wiring harness.

on the Bronco side:
Can order Squatch (front and rear lockers) at all levels
Towing capacity of two door is higher.

gofastguy

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
2018 JL Rubi and 2019 GC Trailhawk owner here. Biggest problem with FCA is that you know you need an extended warranty but realize that the service departments in general are resistant to warranty work and extending it is futile...

Sponsored

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Come at me!!!
Wow for a old guard competing with a new contender that's a pretty worthless list.
*99 percent of people would rather have a IFS front suspension. I rented a unlimited once because I was planning to buy one. It felt like it was going to flip on a on ramp.
*also the V6 was amazingly underpowered.
*The ecoboost 2.7 is a perfect engine, it has great torque, horsepower, and light and can be tuned easily to 500 hp.
*the 10 speed automatic is a great piece in the Mustang and F150 and will be perfect in a bronco.
*The saquach package is available on the base model.
*The 2 doors come with a hard top and is easy to remove.
*Side mirrors stay in place when doors are removed.
*The Bronco makes the jeep look dated like a 1941 almost 80 years old.
*The jeep is not American, it's a fiat. They should put a Italian flag on the hood.

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If I could fit in a jeep, I'd have one. (I actually do have an '05 LJ with modified seat brackets). Jeeps are awesome. But they're terrible for tall people. Limited leg room, very narrow hip/shoulder room, and in the JKs and JLs, your head bumps right up against the sport bar which is incredibly dangerous in an accident.

90% of the reason I'm so excited about the Bronco is it's a vehicle that can probably do most of what a Wrangler can do but will (hopefully) have an interior I can fit in...

(Also, I only drive manuals. So, the moment I heard they were doing the 7-spd I was sold.)

MikeE

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Come at me!!!
I agree with all but #5.... don't want a diesel! But the reason I want my Bronco..... the jeep's build quality is BAD.....
Sponsored