Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
[/QUOTE]
What's the buyback?
If you ask they should tell you what the buy back is. Did they tell you what the total damage was? Probably $30K?
Buy it back, make it a project while you re order
Buy it back and fix it.
Dont make it perfect, just fix it so it's drivable and safe.
Dont worry about paint, as most of those parts are Al
Frankenstein it !
I would buy it back and fix it! Please ask insurance company how much to do that and report back if you would please, I am very curious for how much they would sell it to you.
Still waiting to hear what "Buy Back" number they give you........
Buy it back and turn it into a monster. Wishful thought but buying parts now would be$$$$$$$$. Quarter panels alone would be booqoo. If it was parted out wonder what the margin would be?
Salvage quote to insurer was ~30k

After small loan payoff I'd net 9k

Dr. Frankenstein my daily driver is a non-flyer
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
A coworker contacted local area dealers to see if they had any stock units on order and if they'd be open to earmarking it for him, they did and they let him add/change some of the options. He did this at the end of August and already has a build week for mid-October.

It could be worth the leg work if you did some calling of area dealers. Just throwing it out as a possible solution.
In theory, Dealers are not supposed to be allowed to order constrained items, like 2-door models. Ford prommised that dealers could only order 4-door soft tops. But Ford has lied to us before.

Carvana is asking $18-20K over MSRP for a 2-door Base. They do have a lot though.

BroncoForU

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the quick response and breakdown. No pun intended. Guess this is why the system is the way it is.. to make you buy-back-into the market. Thats why you dont see alot of salvage vehicle monsters lurking around every corner. Give it 7-10 years if we are not back to horses to see the cost benes.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cool. My Dealer apparently can't actually find my Bronco. Ford says it was delivered 9 days ago. Nationally I can't find a 2-door base manual anywhere close to MSRP.

Sponsored

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sorry to hear!

Call Chuck Anderson Ford in Missouri and ask for Nick Anderson. He doesn’t do ADM’s and you can order what you want.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

[/QUOTE]
Oh wow...that $30k is a lot. I was thinking maybe $20k

George Ellis

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 DRW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get a base Maverick and wait to turn it when a Bronco is available to order.

basedcookies420

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
An unlucky young lady failed to yield to stop sign at a t intersection a few weeks ago and I couldn't evade. Grateful for no critical injuries but bronco was a total loss

Insurance appraisal was fair and I expect to be funded in next few days

My frugal side says buy a Kia and keep the ADM I didn't have to pay last year when my reservation came in

But sentimental side says get another bronco

In stock options are slim locally, (overpriced), and at some point insurance will cut off the rental

Not looking for sympathy but what say ye; any tips?

20220906_125511.jpg
20220906_125555.jpg
My suggestion… the car market is about to collapse, in the next 6-9 months. At that time there will be a surplus of available vehicles. May be able to find a Bronco that suits your needs.

BroncoForU

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My suggestion… the car market is about to collapse, in the next 6-9 months. At that time there will be a surplus of available vehicles. May be able to find a Bronco that suits your needs.
I dont want to get banded but they are putting alot of pressure on the domestic manufaturers in order to regulate the agenda. I agee but looking for hope. Unfortunately it appears they are not digging in but rather show you the next pretty toy. Even thought they cant keep up with the manufaturing of toys already promised.

Sponsored

BroncoForU

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Trust me the algorithom bots are circling but we as the cosumer are trying our best. Ford has been through alot but I dont want them (gov) to screw the honest dealerships.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry, but we manual guys want a manual not an auto, a manual 2 door or bust. The idea that a base 4wd came with a manual is what's ideal to us, you have to go to a higher trim to get both 4wd & a manual on a Tacoma for example.

The fact that the base manual 2-door with a hard top was the cheapest Bronco, made it exactly what we wanted.

Last edited:

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man that sucks ,I'm sorry. I hope you got a police report, witnesses, or a dash cam. I got hit a few weeks ago going straight by someone who crossed opposing traffic through a median break to hit me. Minor damage, exchanged info, no witnesses stopped, cause it was minor. I get a call from their insurance telling me I'm 70% at fault.... For going straight in my lane... ie existing. Their are no yields, stops, or lights for me. My insurance hasn't said anything but I'm just seething with rage at this ordeal.

I bought a dash cam.
Sponsored