Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sadly, my Bronco was hit head on while stopped at a red light, by a dude high on meth! He hit about 3 cars, but the Bronco took the brunt of the impact.

BUT, the Bronco front end crushed where it needed to and protected my wife inside! And that’s all that matters.

I always drive the Bronco to work, even though I have a long drive, because well, it’s a Bronco, and it drives amazing!

For some reason, I told my wife to take the Bronco to work that morning, and I drove her hybrid to work.

Now to wait and find out if this will be a high dollar repair job, or if it will be a total loss.
What do you think? Not sure if any portions of the frame were bent, which usually writes it off as totaled immediately. I guess we’ll see!

Sad day, but again, just glad my wife was safe inside the Bronco when this happened.

And even though i’m upset at the meth head who crashed into everyone, I’m glad he was ok and didn’t get severely hurt in the crash. (and if you’re wondering why I say meth head, we all saw the pipes and lighters in the drivers seat)

Looks like coolant was leaking out, but the Bronco still started right up and tow truck driver drove it right up the back of the flat tow.

Now to wait for the insurance process.
3AB4FC28-DE91-4F2A-ACC4-7AA5242DA426.jpeg
D9DFB15B-D781-4BBB-8DC5-8ED199876034.jpeg
404DC395-FD84-4DEC-912E-2764982BD9C2.jpeg
C8AD2681-AFDB-4915-92C3-974F8622DE4D.jpeg
5C8C6307-DFA2-4C89-94AC-7B3E0E13E379.jpeg
Sorry bud. I imagine it’ll be fixable, simply because the market value of the Bronco will make repair costs less than the value of the vehicle by quite a large margin
Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford doesn’t exactly have spare Bronco parts in inventory. This rig will be Totaled unless you are willing to wait 6 months to get it repaired.
You should definitely buy it back though and turn it into a helluva trail rig.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Exactly, not sure I’d even want it repaired. Bummer is, if it’s totaled, they’ll take it as is and i’ll loose all my aftermarket parts. If it’s repaired, I get all my money’s worth in parts back, but loose overall value by far.

Either way it sucks. If it’s totaled, maybe I’ll jump into a Wildtrak next time though 😂
When the adjuster comes out to inspect the vehicle and says no value on your aftermarket add-ons, then you should be able to take them with you. If you have receipts for all of it then he or she should equate them in the after inspection value. Hopefully they total it and allow you to buy another.

Sorry that this happened to your wife, and am glad she is ok. The explorer that hit her didn't have a rear plate but that of a car lot plate. Was the driver licensed and insured?

Sponsored
OP
OP
jwysopal

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When the adjuster comes out to inspect the vehicle and says no value on your aftermarket add-ons, then you should be able to take them with you. If you have receipts for all of it then he or she should equate them in the after inspection value. Hopefully they total it and allow you to buy another.

Sorry that this happened to your wife, and am glad she is ok. The explorer that hit her didn't have a rear plate but that of a car lot plate. Was the driver licensed and insured?
Thanks, hopefully we’ll be able to figure out the aftermarket items.

The driver will likely be dealing with police for a while with the drugs in his car, so we’ll have to wait to see if he was licensed and insured. 😬

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You should be able to pull all the after market stuff off if it’s totaled, only exceptions would be if you didn’t have wheels to put back on it. The lights and stuff that are aftermarket can be pulled off since they are not originally part of the vehicle. At least that last time I had a car totaled out the adjuster said I could take my rims and what not as long as it was back to stock or whatever. I pulled my rims and coil overs and slapped the old stuff on before the flat bed came for it. Didn’t even bother putting the springs on the front just did the struts haha, they dragged it up and away. Hope the best for ya and glad your wife is safe.

OP
OP
jwysopal

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You should be able to pull all the after market stuff off if it’s totaled, only exceptions would be if you didn’t have wheels to put back on it. The lights and stuff that are aftermarket can be pulled off since they are not originally part of the vehicle. At least that last time I had a car totaled out the adjuster said I could take my rims and what not as long as it was back to stock or whatever. I pulled my rims and coil overs and slapped the old stuff on before the flat bed came for it. Didn’t even bother putting the springs on the front just did the struts haha, they dragged it up and away. Hope the best for ya and glad your wife is safe.
Thanks! I hope that’s the case if they do total is. Thanks for the input!

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry about the accident..I had a car totaled,and bought it back and sold the parts..eng..trans..etc..you can sell the hard top $$..4 wheels ..bumper.. seats ..anything you can take off before you junk it..if Bronco parts are really that scarce..you could make up for some of your lost money..

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Omg Im just glad all involved were ok. The more accidents I see people walk away from in the Bronco the more confident in its ability to keep people safe. Best wishes whatever you decide to do!

Sponsored
OP
OP
jwysopal

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Omg Im just glad all involved were ok. The more accidents I see people walk away from in the Bronco the more confident in its ability to keep people safe. Best wishes whatever you decide to do!
Thanks! That’s all that matters!

And agreed, this has just given me even more confidence in the Bronco!

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would've drove there and beat that dudes ass in handcuffs.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it gets totaled, after they pay , you can inquire about a buy back. Then you can keep your add on parts and sell off stock parts that are in demand like the MIC top.
BTW, if they do opt to repair, odds are you won’t get it back from the body shop until “ who knows when”.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bummer is, if it’s totaled, they’ll take it as is and i’ll loose all my aftermarket parts. 😂
when my land rover got totaled, we were allowed to take most of the
aftermarket parts off and got credited towards the value for the stuff
we couldn't take off (like the ARB winch bumper, winch and the brand
new repaired headliner)

glad the vehicle did it's job and your wife is okay!

OP
OP
jwysopal

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If it gets totaled, after they pay , you can inquire about a buy back. Then you can keep your add on parts and sell off stock parts that are in demand like the MIC top.
BTW, if they do opt to repair, odds are you won’t get it back from the body shop until “ who knows when”.
Yep, if they decided to repair, it will likely take forever. Good option about the buy back if it’s totaled. ✌
Sponsored