Sponsored

TOW PKG (tow package $500.00 charge for DIO)

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to clarify, all DIO options include the price of installation in the line item cost on the window sticker. To the government that part is already part of the vehicle whether it is installed on the line, at the mod center, or by the dealer. They can not charge more for installation, and if they try I would look elsewhere.

Some of the comments here look like they were for orders on accessories.ford.com that include installation which the dealer should honor, but I have seen some pushback on customers in that case. I would look elsewhere if that happened to me.

The 24 kit is plug and play, 21-23 and you will have to run the wiring back to the hitch. I've heard 4-7 hours for that.

My guess is that the tow package was moved to DIO due to the commodity constraints holding up so many builds and the associated low take rate. But what do I know. I am a Ford Accessories and Performance Parts rep but all of that is way above my paygrade.
So to help me stay current, you are saying that 24 on, the 7 pin harness is fully installed back to the rear. Is the tow control module also installed at the factory? That would make this a $500 receiver !! Also as a FAD rep, you guys are getting killed on the factory Warn winch kits. I tried to buy one through two FADs with no budge in price. CJ Pony was more than 1K cheaper.

1987DangerRanger

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 Sport - 21 Bronco Sport - 85 Parisienne
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So to help me stay current, you are saying that 24 on, the 7 pin harness is fully installed back to the rear. Is the tow control module also installed at the factory? That would make this a $500 receiver !! Also as a FAD rep, you guys are getting killed on the factory Warn winch kits. I tried to buy one through two FADs with no budge in price. CJ Pony was more than 1K cheaper.
The order guide says trailer tow prep pack is standard on all trim levels other than Raptor. The $500 DIO builds on that and includes install, reprogramming, the 4/7 pin connectors, harness, and receiver.

And yeah that winch lol. For whatever reason Ford dropped the dealer cost and MSRP by about $1,000 which is uncommon to say the least. The FAD acquisition cost dropped too, but that was after the FADs brought them into inventory at the old cost which is higher than retail. My guess is CJ is not saddled with old stock and is ordering from FP as needed at the new pricing.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The order guide says trailer tow prep pack is standard on all trim levels other than Raptor. The $500 DIO builds on that and includes install, reprogramming, the 4/7 pin connectors, harness, and receiver.

And yeah that winch lol. For whatever reason Ford dropped the dealer cost and MSRP by about $1,000 which is uncommon to say the least. The FAD acquisition cost dropped too, but that was after the FADs brought them into inventory at the old cost which is higher than retail. My guess is CJ is not saddled with old stock and is ordering from FP as needed at the new pricing.
Thank you for clearing that up, and yes, they order direct. Sweet package and glad I bought it. Ford Performance has put together some nice packages with Warn, ARB, and others I'm sure.
Sponsored