Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been searching here on the forum and online and can't find any good information about what all exactly the tow package adds. The question is becoming more relevant now that it has become a constraint again. I thought if a "Sticky Thread" could be created here with all the information in one spot itcould be really helpful for many to decide if they need/want the tow package or can do with just an aftermarket hitch and wiring harness.

I know the package adds a 2"receiver hitch, 4-pin wiring harness, and 7-pin wiring harness.
I have read all levels of trim have trailer sway control is this true?
Does the tow package add an actual tow/haul mode? I haven't been able to find any information on this.
It seems the tow package does add prewiring for a trailer brake control (TBC)?
There was mention in this thread of a Trailer Module (TRM) in this thread. I assume that is part of the package so what is it's function?
Any other things I have missed or not thought of would be great to add here.

Maybe @flip or others in the know can help make this a complete place for information. Thanks!
Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It adds the hitch receiver, wiring and connector for the add-on trailer brake controller.

There are aftermarket kits available but AFAIK those only afford you the 4 pin connector.

OP
OP
Mean Red GT

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess one of my bigger questions is if it ties into the Sync4 or GOAT modes with the TRM to automatically disable things when a trailer is hooked up?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I guess one of my bigger questions is if it ties into the Sync4 or GOAT modes with the TRM to automatically disable things when a trailer is hooked up?
What are you looking to disable? I can give it a go with a 4 pin trailer after work. I know my Super duty automatically turns off the rear parking aid. No tow haul mode that I can find on my ‘21. In fact I found this thread in search of a tow haul answer.
https://www.google.com/search?q=tow...ate=ive&vld=cid:5034e713,vid:gpyeD7fFxwU,st:0
Sponsored

Last edited: