Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Calling @flip @VoltageDrop and @BudgetBronco . Lot’s of confusion on this thread.
In regard to what? If it's the deactivation discussion, there could be a couple things in play. First, is the wiring run in front of or behind the sensor below the left rear tail light? If in front, I could interfere with the signal and deactivate the lane keeping. Also, by having a trailer behind you, with non-factory TT, the rear sensors could see it and do the same thing. I can't tell you exactly what happens with factory TT besides it knows there's a trailer installed and likely modifies some features to account for something right on the broncos bumper (camera, park aid, lane keeping, etc).

I don't think plugging in a trailer on non TT does this because there's no programming or return signal to any module, it's all output. What is likely happening is the rear sensors are picking up the trailer and disabling lane keeping and other stuff because it doesn't know that it is so it defaults to off. One way to verify this is get one of those in trailer light testers, plug it in, drive around and see if lane keeping still defaults off. If it does, the only explanation I can come up with is the BCM is seeing some sort of load from the light converter and turning it off or there's some sort of wiring problem.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can say that I added the Curt 4 pin harness to my non-tow package 2DR OBX Lux. Works great. The button on the center console turns off the rear parking aids. I only hitched up once for a quick trial run and then dropped off, so I assume that I'll have to punch the button each time I start the vehicle.

For lane alert and assist, I have that turned off so I have no idea how it acts with a trailer in tow. My wife's Subie has it and I hate having it on for normal driving. Sometimes I hug one line or the other based on how other drivers are driving to give myself more room for when they screw up.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do they have a trailer wiring harness that you don’t have to connect to the battery yet or one that works for base taillights.
I have not seen any trailer wiring harness systems that do not require power.

You can modify them to work on Base (halogen) tail lights. See video linked here.

Eddie G-man

Outer Banks
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/1988 911 cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Indeed very help thanks for ur data
Sponsored