Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello! Looking for verification on adding the ford tow package to my 2022 Badlands. I am planning to buy an overland trailer in the near future and it comes with e-brakes and the 7Pin connection. I installed the ford hitch when I first brought the Bronco, but no 4 pin wiring as at that time, I only needed the hitch for a bike rack. I have been doing research on this site and the information has been great, but still need clarification of parts needed. Ford accessories list the following items:

Part No: VP2DZ15A416A BRONCO 2021-2023 LUMEN 4/7 PIN TRAILER HITCH WIRING HARNESS
Part No: VM2DZ2C006A BRONCO 2021-2023 TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER TOWING PACK 1

I asked the Ford dealer near me and they said that ford doesn't have a 7 pin connector only 4, so my confidence on them diminished. They quoted me for 3 hrs of labor $525 plus taxes. Planning to buy the parts on line and get 20% off and have them install them. The only reason I want them to install the parts is for warranty purposes. I consider myself handy, and think I can DIY, but don't know yet.

Also, on the accessories site, there is an option if you want installation and state a price. Is that the labor set price? If so, the dealer quoted me $162.00 more than the ford site (guess the service manager has to make some money).

What are your suggestions? Am I missing something?
Sponsored