Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 911S / 2021 4door Badlands w/ Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Greetings!

Question:
Has anyone encountered this issue before? I was looking for either a solution or perspective on how to attack this problem. I've browsed the forums and can only find the tire size reprogram fix. Is there anything else to look out for? Thanks in advance

Story:
We recently lifted a Base 2.3 Bronco to 4"

Issue:
-Traction control kicks on instantly on turn-in in any situation
-Ford service states that its throwing YAW sensor codes

Theories:
-Truck hasn't been programmed to accept 37's so it's throwing off the traction control system

Upgrades:
Lift/ Height:
-Eibach Coilovers
-4.1" Front lift
-3.8" rear lift
-SPC UCA

Wheels:
-Stock sas wheels
- 37" BFG KO2
Sponsored

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Try forscan to increase the tire size

mj63

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Stability control needs to know your speed accurately because that is one of the primary inputs (along with steering wheel angle) into it's internal bicycle model which outputs a target yaw rate which then gets compared to measured yaw rate. That yaw error is what much of the stability control is based off of, and there are lots of checks to try and detect errors coming from the sensors.

If you haven't updated tire circumference, try that first. If that doesn't fix the issue, then you might have changed the vehicle's response to steering enough that your only options are to revert back to smaller tires/less lift or run with faulted ESC (which will likely prevent lots of other things from working properly).

This is a thing on all modern vehicles, for better or worse.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

it will also require after a alignment to relearn vehicle dynamics for straight ahead and collision avoidance

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What year is the Base 2dr? 21-22 you can do the tire circumference update using SuperChips FlashCal. It is easy OBDII plug in programmer that can be updated continuously and many other Bronco settings you can reprogram. Well worth it in my opinion, I reprogrammed for 37's, auto headlight, double horn alert, TPMS, auto start and stop.

Sponsored

BryantC

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Greetings!

Question:
Has anyone encountered this issue before? I was looking for either a solution or perspective on how to attack this problem. I've browsed the forums and can only find the tire size reprogram fix. Is there anything else to look out for? Thanks in advance

Story:

Issue:

Theories:
-Truck hasn't been programmed to accept 37's so it's throwing off the traction control system

Upgrades:
Lift/ Height:
-Eibach Coilovers
-4.1" Front lift
-3.8" rear lift
-SPC UCA

Wheels:
-Stock sas wheels
- 37" BFG KO2
Have any luck correcting this issue?

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Greetings!

Question:

Story:

Issue:

Theories:

Upgrades:
Lift/ Height:
-Eibach Coilovers
-4.1" Front lift
-3.8" rear lift
-SPC UCA

Wheels:
-Stock sas wheels
- 37" BFG KO2
WAS THIS BASE EQUUIPPED WITH SASQ? AUTO OR MANUAL?

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stability control needs to know your speed accurately because that is one of the primary inputs (along with steering wheel angle) into it's internal bicycle model which outputs a target yaw rate which then gets compared to measured yaw rate. That yaw error is what much of the stability control is based off of, and there are lots of checks to try and detect errors coming from the sensors.
Ya, I keep looking for the yaw readout on that pitch and roll thingie on the screen.
As an Aero Injuneer, it makes me sad not to see it...

OP
OP
Love Shop Auto Lo

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you everyone for your input thus far.

We're getting the truck back to our shop next Tuesday.

As for the truck specs:
It's a base with no Sasquatch
automatic

Can warranty be voided if?
1) You use forscan at home and change the tire size?
2) You use SuperChips FlashCal to change tire size?

Last theory I want to get your opinion on:
The truck is getting a lot of body roll over/ side-to-side motion on turns. I want to lessen this issue if not eliminate it as much as possible.

1) is it due to the lift height (4")/ increased center of gravity
2) or am I running incorrect springs?
3) If I lower the the truck to run a 3" lift, will this remedy the body roll over?

Eibach (to my knowledge) only sells one kit with the same springs for both 2 door and 4 door applications. Is there any other kit with different spring rates?

Last edited:

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It has nothing to do with the lift, way to many of us running around on 4" of lift. Zero sensors telling the bronco it's higher. Your fighting something with the tires or steering.

Pull the codes when it comes in.

Fyi I have changed my gear ratios in Forscan from 3.73, 4.46 to 4.71 to see if it changes any of the shift patterns, which it did nothing(no faults either). I would try resetting the tire size up and doing a few relearns on modules. Then drive it around with the off-road screen on see what the steering angle is going straight. I think there might be an issue with steering alignment due to installing upper control arms.

Sponsored

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Im closer to 5 inch lift on base 37s auto no sas no diff drop..used spacers to get front tires away from upper arm on ford +55 offset wheels...no issues...my only thoughts maybe a missed bolt tightening or accidental break or bend on a sensor ..mine holds true going straight . I toed out 2 turns. But no alignment done yet...🤔

OP
OP
Love Shop Auto Lo

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has nothing to do with the lift, way to many of us running around on 4" of lift. Zero sensors telling the bronco it's higher. Your fighting something with the tires or steering.

Pull the codes when it comes in.

Fyi I have changed my gear ratios in Forscan from 3.73, 4.46 to 4.71 to see if it changes any of the shift patterns, which it did nothing(no faults either). I would try resetting the tire size up and doing a few relearns on modules. Then drive it around with the off-road screen on see what the steering angle is going straight. I think there might be an issue with steering alignment due to installing upper control arms.
That debunks the lift theory. Thank you for the clarification.

To my knowledge the data is being collected from Steering angle+ wheel speed. Along with you, I do not believe height is something the computer considers.

Also great idea on driving with the off-road screen. Very clever to see what the truck is thinking in real time.

Im closer to 5 inch lift on base 37s auto no sas no diff drop..used spacers to get front tires away from upper arm on ford +55 offset wheels...no issues...my only thoughts maybe a missed bolt tightening or accidental break or bend on a sensor ..mine holds true going straight . I toed out 2 turns. But no alignment done yet...🤔
Great point as well. We've had an instance where we accidentally stretched am ABS line on a Lexus GX470 and it throw similar style lights/ errors. Something bent or broken is not out of the realm of possibility.

BryantC

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any updates for this issue?

drewkam6

Base
First Name
drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
any update on this issue i have the same problem... recalibrated tire size with rough country rc90015 and still present

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Note--Now that i have some more drive time on my new lift i have activated a fault 3 or 4 times mainly when making a slower turn out of a drive way with some uneven surfaces but its not common and goes away either after turn or if i turn veh off re start...im thinking maybe vehs throwing codes all the time must have sensors slightly out of normal or if sensor mount has any room for play??? since my lift at 5 inches is higher than others???
Sponsored