First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BASEQUATCH, 2011 MUSTANG GT, 2014 F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had the issue pop up on me while driving in the first real rain this past weekend in Central TN. Kinda caught me off guard since I've not heard of this issue. ('23 Base Squatch) until now.
Contact your dealer and get the wiper motor updated. There is a customer satisfaction program for this and they should have a programming module to fix it!
Sponsored

Grandpa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Manual Sasq.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My wiper motor was replaced by dealer because of this a few months back but it didnt help at all. I recently took it back since the rainy season here in PA started and apparently theres a recent wiper recall for software. Unsure if this will be the fix but fingers crossed.

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wiper motor was replaced by dealer because of this a few months back but it didnt help at all. I recently took it back since the rainy season here in PA started and apparently theres a recent wiper recall for software. Unsure if this will be the fix but fingers crossed.
Please keep us posted Grandpa!

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I never experienced the defective issue, but while in for tranny work they did the software flash on the wipers.

Sponsored

Grant3168

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 G37, 2006 G35
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After 11 months of ownership running with defective/slow/crappy wipers, I took it to the dealership for the wiper flash. Wipers work as they should now and my bronco is no longer scared of getting rained on! If you are reading this and your wipers slow down after about 30 seconds of use, go to the dealer and schedule your recall appointment. Its so worth the fix.

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After 11 months of ownership running with defective/slow/crappy wipers, I took it to the dealership for the wiper flash. Wipers work as they should now and my bronco is no longer scared of getting rained on! If you are reading this and your wipers slow down after about 30 seconds of use, go to the dealer and schedule your recall appointment. Its so worth the fix.
That's good news @Grant3168 . I'm at 11 months also and the wipers are my only disappointment:mad: with my Bronco. My recall appointment is already set for early March!

Grant3168

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 G37, 2006 G35
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's good news @Grant3168 . I'm at 11 months also and the wipers are my only disappointment:mad: with my Bronco. My recall appointment is already set for early March!
You'll love it. Night and day difference. Its one of my favorite "mods" to my bronco now :LOL:

StrainedCMOS

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had my wiper motors flashed last week. Because I've done that it hasn't rained beyond a drizzle since.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just got a letter from Ford today regarding this issue and to schedule an appt. to have the software updated.

Sponsored

HoosierMan

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BASEQUATCH, 2011 MUSTANG GT, 2014 F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just got a letter from Ford today regarding this issue and to schedule an appt. to have the software updated.
I also got the letter today, but mine was reprogrammed over 2 weeks ago! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

MsPickles

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, it only took almost a year and half to get the wipers to work correctly in the low setting. Got the wiper motor updated last week and drove for an hour in rain today and the low speed setting actually stayed at low speed. No more of the slow down and stop to intermittent wipers.
I guess this is a win? Finally got wipers that have a low continuous setting like every other vehicle I've ever owned over the past 35 years.

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never thought I'd be envious of someone because they had functional windshield wipers.....:rolleyes:

Well, it only took almost a year and half to get the wipers to work correctly in the low setting. Got the wiper motor updated last week and drove for an hour in rain today and the low speed setting actually stayed at low speed.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha ha ha. Well, I finally reached out to a new/different dealer in my area. Requesting support on a few topics including wipers (no reply from them yet) and that night I found this in the mail. Pretty sure this is the wiper flash.

I’ll call them again tomorrow and see if I can schedule an appointment before the end of 2024, ha ha ha! Colorado is awful these days for service availability.
Ford Bronco Wiper control speed issues URGENT SAFETY IMG_0892

StrainedCMOS

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can confirm finally that my wipers are acting normally.

I'm getting the same content feeling when Ford finally fixed the issues with the Sync system in my old Ford Edge.
Sponsored