Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CRV. 2013 Triumph Speed Triple
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone else have a wiper control issue where at fast speeds the wipers start to slow down and seem to go intermittent. It almost impossible to see at times. You have to monkey around with it to keep them going.

UPDATE 2/20/22. Due to the large number of similar issues with wiper controls among Bronco owners in this forum. Please report to your local governing body before someone seriously gets hurt.

For Canadians:

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/PCDB-BDPP/fc-cp.aspx?lang=eng

For Americans:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-release...urages-you-report-your-vehicles-safety-issues
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sanner

Wildtrak
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds like you have your wipers on auto modeā€¦ where sensors monitor whatā€™s on the windshield and speed/slow wipers accordingly. Keep moving the wiper leverā€¦ youā€™ll get the standard slow and fast mode eventually

OP
OP
Miket5r

Miket5r

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds like you have your wipers on auto modeā€¦ where sensors monitor whatā€™s on the windshield and speed/slow wipers accordingly. Keep moving the wiper leverā€¦ youā€™ll get the standard slow and fast mode eventually
I tried every setting. Turned all the way it would be fast continuously. But with in a minute is starts to slow down then wipe every 4-5 seconds. A couple times it freaked me out cause the car ahead braked and I had to brake hard cause I could not see.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which Bronco has auto mode? Which option package? I have Badlands with high pack and as best I can tell, just intermittent. Hell, I don't even think they're speed sensitive šŸ¤·

Vtfakie

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr Wildtrak, Lux, Leather, Tow
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There's no rain sensing wipers but they are speed dependent. Features below:

Wiper/Washer Switch

The wiper/washer switch is mounted directly to the SCCM. The windshield wiper/washer inputs to the SCCM are:

• Mist wipe
  • Windshield wash
  • Off
  • AUTO 1/INT 1
  • AUTO 2/INT 2
  • AUTO 3/INT 3
  • AUTO 4/INT 4
  • Low
  • High

Speed Dependent Wipers

When the wiper/washer switch is in any intermittent setting except the lowest setting, the speed dependent feature increases the frequency of wiping as the vehicle speed increases to compensate for the extra moisture that accumulates on the windshield.

The SCCM receives the vehicle speed from the PCM. The SCCM then sends the vehicle speed data to the driver side windshield wiper motor through the LIN.
Where are you getting this from? That's not the full size Bronco. To start, the mist/wash is a button, not an option on the rotary control.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Miket5r

Miket5r

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone else have a wiper control issue where at fast speeds the wipers start to slow down and seem to go intermittent. It almost impossible to see at times. You have to monkey around with it to keep them going.
UPDATE

So now that I know that their is a actual issue with the wiper control by BG6 having the same issue of when wipers are on fast or slow constant mode that they slow down and go into a slow intermittent mode all on their own. After about 35 seconds the wipers start to slow down then after 50 seconds they stop causing a serious safety concern. I went to Courtsey Ford In London Ontario and they 100% agreed and replicated the issue on their own. No service bulletins are out warning of the issue. They said that it would be unlikely a service bulletin will come if no complaints. So Bronco brothers and sisters look at your wiper controls and talk to your service manager and get this safety concern fixed with a recall. See video for your reference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE

So now that I know that their is a actual issue with the wiper control by BG6 having the same issue of when wipers are on fast or slow constant mode that they slow down and go into a slow intermittent mode all on their own. After about 35 seconds the wipers start to slow down then after 50 seconds they stop causing a serious safety concern. I went to Courtsey Ford In London Ontario and they 100% agreed and replicated the issue on their own. No service bulletins are out warning of the issue. They said that it would be unlikely a service bulletin will come if no complaints. So Bronco brothers and sisters look at your wiper controls and talk to your service manager and get this safety concern fixed with a recall. See video for your reference.
Did they provide you a reason/cause for the speed change issue? If not, please update when they do.

Fifred

Black Diamond
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra, Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just noticed this the other day. My wiper control has automatic setting. Off-3 Intermittent-(Three Dots)-Low-High. This is on a Black Diamond. The three dots puts it into an auto mode.

OP
OP
Miket5r

Miket5r

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did they provide you a reason/cause for the speed change issue? If not, please update when they do.
Not yet. It goes in this Thursday for service to see if the can fix it. But if it requires them to disable the function to get it to stop Ford will not allow them to disable a safety feature. Even though the safety feature is a hazard.

Maize27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am having the same issue. I took my Badlands in to the dealer and the sales guy told me the Bronco came with rain sensing wipers. From B6G, I knew that was not true so I took it to the service department. They told me the same thing. I've looked everywhere for an answer before seeing this thread. I'm waiting on a part for another small issue. When I take her back for that, I'll push the wiper issue again and see if I can learn anything else.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe the Bronco doesn't have Rain sensing wipers in the typical sense...but is "aware" of the amount of rainfall, or lack there of...? And compensates the speed accordingly?
The OP's video would certainly bare this out as he's running it on high with no discernable precipitation...
Maybe he can do a test with the wipers on high with him lacing the windshield with a garden hose?
Personally, I haven't even moved past the intermittent settings yet on mine. šŸ¤·

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
UPDATE

Have you checked the electrical connections in the fuse box? I've read about it causing weird electrical issues when the factory doesn't tighten the connections properly. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Ford Bronco Wiper control speed issues URGENT SAFETY 1640804960404

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if Ford is employing something like this....
They no longer just use simple motors for the wipers.
My Escape with the push-out wipers weren't even mechanically connected to one another. Likely AC frequency drives, like the window motors.
Ford Bronco Wiper control speed issues URGENT SAFETY Screenshot_20211229-150143_Chrome

Reactions: jxc

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I finally experienced this last night in freezing drizzle. Wipers on low, window getting just plastered and the wipers went to intermittent in 30-40 seconds. Had a hard time seeing, had to cycle between high and low.

This is absolutely a huge issue! Hope a fix is coming!
Sponsored