Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CRV. 2013 Triumph Speed Triple
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds like you have your wipers on auto mode… where sensors monitor what’s on the windshield and speed/slow wipers accordingly. Keep moving the wiper lever… you’ll get the standard slow and fast mode eventually
B9018943-414E-4F64-9E3B-9F6A45ADD49C.gif
Sponsored

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update

I took to the dealer and they reprogrammed the wipers with the only program available to them and it made no difference. Driving to work this morning in a wet snow storm and wipers on high speed they shut off and went into a slow intermittent mode after 30-40 seconds.

Someone is really going to hurt if this is not corrected.
@Ford Motor Company

OP
OP
Miket5r

Miket5r

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I experienced the same issue today. Started wipers on intermittent, then moved up to regular setting. After about a minute they reverted back to a slow intermittent setting on their own. This happened a couple of times on my way home from work. I finally figured out if you switch your wipers on high first, then down one click to low, they stay on like normal. At least they did for me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AmericanYidiot

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Chiming in, same issue. Thought I was going nuts at first. The weird thing is it isn’t consistent. Sometimes they slow down, sometimes they stay at the correct rate. Really infuriating, definitely unsafe. Going to take it to the dealer and start documenting this.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I have filed a report with Transport Canada. Here is the text of what I submitted:

The vehicle's windshield wipers switch to intermittent and occasionally stop completely when set to continuous. This occurs after approximately forty five seconds to one minute, whether the wipers are set to normal or high(continuous). This occurred during a freezing rain event and caused the windshield to ice over. The wiper controls needed to be switched to another setting and then back to get the wipers to clear the windshield. This action was required approximately once every minute for the duration of the trip. There are no settings in the vehicle's settings or controls which would cause this mode of operation. The windshield wipers function as expected when set to intermittent.

Blueys Bronco

Base
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the same exact problem. On the two high settings, it works for about 30-40 seconds and then I watch it slow down to a stop. I need to turn the switch to get it to work again.

I brought it to my closest dealer and they told me it was a bad wiper motor. I proceeded to wait 2 weeks for the motor to come in and they replaced it. Two weeks later I noticed that it was doing the same thing and also noticed that they basically used a screwdriver to pry the cowl off covering the wiper motor and they damaged the plastic.

Brought it back and they replaced the broken parts but said they couldn't fix the wiper problem. They tested another Bronco they had in stock and it did the same thing. They said they would see if a bulletin comes out on the problem and if it did they would call me back.

They blamed it on the Bronco having rain sensor and it probably slows to save the motor from burning out. I don't buy that.

Maize27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am having the same issue. I took my Badlands in to the dealer and the sales guy told me the Bronco came with rain sensing wipers. From B6G, I knew that was not true so I took it to the service department. They told me the same thing. I've looked everywhere for an answer before seeing this thread. I'm waiting on a part for another small issue. When I take her back for that, I'll push the wiper issue again and see if I can learn anything else.
UPDATE:
The wiper issue has resolved itself. I was driving in a rainstorm and my wipers kept slowing down and stopping when on the low speed setting. Each time this happened, instead of turning them off and then back on, I flipped them to the high speed setting for a couple of seconds and then moved them back to the low speed. After 3 or 4 times doing this, the wipers stayed at a constant speed on the low setting. This happened a few weeks back and they are working as expected since. I have no idea why this corrected the issue but it did. When I told the tech at the Ford service department he also had no idea why it worked. I'm curious if this will work for anyone else. I hope this helps!

Sponsored

Djstang2011

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My badlands with lux did this to me today in snow. Weird how it seemed to speed the wipers back up when liquid got on the windshield. Guess I need yet another trip to the dealer… smh

OP
OP
Miket5r

Miket5r

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have filed a report with Transport Canada. Here is the text of what I submitted:

The vehicle's windshield wipers switch to intermittent and occasionally stop completely when set to continuous. This occurs after approximately forty five seconds to one minute, whether the wipers are set to normal or high(continuous). This occurred during a freezing rain event and caused the windshield to ice over. The wiper controls needed to be switched to another setting and then back to get the wipers to clear the windshield. This action was required approximately once every minute for the duration of the trip. There are no settings in the vehicle's settings or controls which would cause this mode of operation. The windshield wipers function as expected when set to intermittent.
I also filled out a report complaint with transport Canada. They are coming to my place monday February 14 to take pictures of my bronco and take a report and see if I can replicate the problem which I can do easy. I wil let you know how it goes.

OP
OP
Miket5r

Miket5r

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update

An investigator for Transport Canada came out to look at my Bronco today. Super nice lady took video evidence and pics of interior and exterior and full agreed with the urgent safety situation that this poses of having the wipers turning off and going into slow intermittent mode while on fast/slow constant mode. No timeline when this would make it back to Ford for a recall. It’s in the hands of the government now.

I do recommend that we all put forth complaints to our governing body’s before this kills someone.

Mike

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update

An investigator for Transport Canada came out to look at my Bronco today. Super nice lady took video evidence and pics of interior and exterior and full agreed with the urgent safety situation that this poses of having the wipers turning off and going into slow intermittent mode while on fast/slow constant mode. No timeline when this would make it back to Ford for a recall. It’s in the hands of the government now.

I do recommend that we all put forth complaints to our governing body’s before this kills someone.

Mike
I received an acknowledgement email but nobody has contacted me yet. Hopefully they will.

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else have a wiper control issue where at fast speeds the wipers start to slow down and seem to go intermittent. It almost impossible to see at times. You have to monkey around with it to keep them going.
I used my the first time today, during freezing rain of course. Had the same issues everyone else described. They won’t stay in continuous wipe mode, keep going back to intermittent mode after about 30-40 seconds.
Sponsored