Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This clearly deserves some attention from Ford, but I seriously recommend folks apply rain-x or something similar in the interim.
Sponsored

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This clearly deserves some attention from Ford, but I seriously recommend folks apply rain-x or something similar in the interim.
Legit makes a massive difference when applied properly. That and the rain-X fluid. With how vertical the windshield is the air blasts water off it basically instantly. I haven’t noticed any wiper issues since I don’t even use them above 40 MPH.

Reactions: Cat

HideoutBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Defender / 1985 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So at least according to an info request to Ford, the wipers are speed dependent in the auto positions.

The first four settings are the auto modes and are variable speeds dictated by the actual speed of the vehicle. You have four levels of wiper “aggression” so to speak. 1 being the mildest and 4 being the most aggressive.

The constant speeds are low and high and are the last two modes. If this issue is occurring in the low or high mode then there is a severe issue.

I’m guessing they’re in the auto (intermittent) modes but what I am unsure of is if the issue is irregardless of the speed changing which would be opposite of designed intent. Any additional info you can pass along will be great.
It is in the Constant High mode...all of a sudden they are slow and not clearing the windscreen. If you turn them off and back on they are back to full speed. Annoying.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone new to the thread should check out the video that @Miket5r made, it's the easiest way to understand what's happening. You can see that he's driving at a roughly constant speed.

The issue is real, and real bad. Ford needs to get on this one pronto.

Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I used continuous low speed wipers at highway speeds on the way to work this morning. No issues.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why have we not heard anything from Ford here???
because they only reply to members posting about their new bronco or to casually ask you to PM them with your VIN on things that aren't life and death issues

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So at least according to an info request to Ford, the wipers are speed dependent in the auto positions.

The first four settings are the auto modes and are variable speeds dictated by the actual speed of the vehicle. You have four levels of wiper “aggression” so to speak. 1 being the mildest and 4 being the most aggressive.

The constant speeds are low and high and are the last two modes. If this issue is occurring in the low or high mode then there is a severe issue.

I’m guessing they’re in the auto (intermittent) modes but what I am unsure of is if the issue is irregardless of the speed changing which would be opposite of designed intent. Any additional info you can pass along will be great.
It’s not an issue in the intermittent mode. It’s also not speed dependent. The issue happens on the low speed setting on the “continuos” mode (for lack of a better term). It also happens at both highway speeds and sitting at a red light.

I have experienced this multiple times now and it’s incredibly frustrating.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not an issue in the intermittent mode. It’s also not speed dependent. The issue happens on the low speed setting on the “continuos” mode (for lack of a better term). It also happens at both highway speeds and sitting at a red light.

I have experienced this multiple times now and it’s incredibly frustrating.
I understand. That’s why I was trying to gain clarification to make sure. Low and High should not be affected like this. I will pass this along to the engineering team

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have this coating on my windshield. These coatings only make a difference when there are only a few droplets, they do not help when you are in a continuous downpour.

Sponsored

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've had to use mine recently, mostly on low speed or int., seemed normal to me, I'll pay closer attention going forward.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This only occurs in the continuous settings. It is very dangerous.

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine may have corrected itself. I was experiencing the same issues but had the wipers on continuous-low today for five minutes and they didn’t kick into intermittent (might have gone longer but I got home and had to get inside). Will try again tomorrow in the rain.
Sponsored