First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Tundra, Explorer, IS500, '23 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I do not have this pan yet. The trans is so far up inside the frame rails being deeper will not matter. I will be installing the pan over the skid do to loss of clearance I have the 2.7 with the angled support braces that hang down they are beat to hell I don't care. Give me clearance.
I have had this pan for about a year. Doesn’t add capacity and doesn’t hang but about 1/4 inch lower than stock. It was one of my first mods. Very pleased with the quality.
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

PPE Raw Heavy Duty Aluminum Transmission Pan For 2021+ Ford Bronco W/ 10R60

US $297.99 ebay

1701393381415.png
these are a huge upgrade, but still no match for a BIG rock....I welded and bolted a removable 5/16 steel plate on in this area, the day before moab. then of course I didn't half to use it....

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I do not have this pan yet. The trans is so far up inside the frame rails being deeper will not matter. I will be installing the pan over the skid do to loss of clearance I have the 2.7 with the angled support braces that hang down they are beat to hell I don't care. Give me clearance.
cut them off and go as flat as possible

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

cut them off and go as flat as possible
snacktime and I were talking about how you did cut yours off. Any idea why ford place them there and have you noticed any effects from cutting them off. I was have talk to a fab guy about cutting them off and fab up some thing in side the frame rails.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

these are a huge upgrade, but still no match for a BIG rock....I welded and bolted a removable 5/16 steel plate on in this area, the day before moab. then of course I didn't half to use it....
Can you post pics of the bars cut out and your plate mount. Doing a rebuild on the front end might as well add to the list. New FDU Ex Spicer, finally inst 3.0 hoss steering even thought the stock rack is still going after two years. Lastly new coilovers and rear shock relocate. Thanks for leading the way.

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agreed You hit a nice metal tranny pan its still likely to leak. Skid plate is simple and relatively cheap.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
PPE Raw Heavy Duty Aluminum Transmission Pan For 2021+ Ford Bronco W/ 10R60

US $297.99 ebay

1701393381415.png
Better than the plastic but still need skid plates for going through rocks. Those aluminum pans are tough but I doubt they would stand up to dropping on a rock. It would just be an even more expensive repair.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad my Asfir trans pan is en route. Took a while to pull the trigger on it since that plastic pan is so high up there but once I saw the smashed up crossmembers last time I was under there I knew it was just a matter of time.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have an “extra“ LOD trans skid (new in unopened box) if anyone is interested…

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Better than the plastic but still need skid plates for going through rocks. Those aluminum pans are tough but I doubt they would stand up to dropping on a rock. It would just be an even more expensive repair.
Not to worry check my profile 62 years old, been wheeling my Bronco 2 years now all good. I will posts pics of the area around the pan beat to hell by rocks, it not the rocks that hit the pan as much as piece of tree very rare.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agreed You hit a nice metal tranny pan its still likely to leak. Skid plate is simple and relatively cheap.
The odds of hitting the pan are so miniscule it sits so high up in the frame. Place the wheels over the rocks not the pan. I surprised BB has not jumped on this fear factor.

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tossing our hat in the ring on the aluminum transmission pan side of protection. Our pan increases capacity by 2 quarts over stock for more cooling capacity, has internal baffles to reduce sloshing, has bolt retainers for easy install, and a magnetic drain plug making it way easier to service your transmission fluid.

Ford Bronco Trail Mater tows out Bronco with punctured transmission pan MMTP-RGR-19_2

Ford Bronco Trail Mater tows out Bronco with punctured transmission pan MMTP-RGR-19_3

Ford Bronco Trail Mater tows out Bronco with punctured transmission pan MMTP-RGR-19_6

Ford Bronco Trail Mater tows out Bronco with punctured transmission pan MMTP-RGR-19_4

If you are searching by part number, use MMTP-RGR-19. Heads up it also fits Ford Rangers, Mustangs, and F-150s with the 10R60 and 10R80 transmissions, so if you have another Ford in your garage, you could grab more than one :cool: Let me know if you have any questions!

- John

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The transmission pans is pretty far up but this owner managed to puncture theirs. The first thing I thought was that you put your tires UP on obstacles.

But stuff can happen.

I wasn't that far off the beaten path so I was impressed by how far back the Bronco got especially since it appeared that the Trail Mater vehicles struggled to get back there.

I have a few repairs tools with me but I think I might add some JB Weld and trans fluid. Or get some more armor.

In addition to the suggested pan updates this “instructional” vid made my arms and upper body ache watching the no power steering recovery. I’m old and more inclined to lean towards a skid plate vs aluminum, but like I said, I’m old. Lol
Sponsored

Last edited: