Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see so many posts in here about the Trailrax roof racks. I had their products on my Jeep a few years back, and got their 4-door Bronco rack with the Pak Rax. I've had it a few months now and absolutely love it! They're currently having a 4th of July sale with up to 15% off Trailrax products, which is the biggest discount I've seen on their site in a long time. Figured it was worth sharing for anyone in the market! https://bit.ly/3Nviu9y

Ford Bronco Trailrax Roof Rack IMG_9087
Ford Bronco Trailrax Roof Rack IMG_9086
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief Dan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Trailrax Roof Rack 20230627_162933
Ford Bronco Trailrax Roof Rack 20230625_141111
Be very careful with install. The coating is well done, however that coating was not clear of the tapped holes for the bolts.

Even after clearing them I had two cross threads leading to one broken bolt in place and one other destroyed bolt.

Great rack, but PakRax frustrating.
Ford Bronco Trailrax Roof Rack 20230610_102452
Ford Bronco Trailrax Roof Rack 20230610_101832

OP
OP
routhless

routhless

Badlands
First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be very careful with install. The coating is well done, however that coating was not clear of the tapped holes for the bolts.

Even after clearing them I had two cross threads leading to one broken bolt in place and one other destroyed bolt.

Interesting, I didn't have that problem with mine. My only mishap was some updated hardware but the old install instructions so that threw me off for a bit. But once I figured out what was going on I was good.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, I didn't have that problem with mine. My only mishap was some updated hardware but the old install instructions so that threw me off for a bit. But once I figured out what was going on I was good.
Their customer service is top-flight so call or message them. I wonder if the 15% applies to all Heretic Lights. Got my eye on the dome lights which I want to mount to the TrailRax side bars for camping and cargo illumination. Very happy with my TrailRax. Pricey, but worth it.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Very nice rack, but the 15% off does not apply to the roof racks. Those are still the same 10% off that Bronco6g members can receive everyday.

Sponsored
OP
OP
routhless

routhless

Badlands
First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice rack, but the 15% off does not apply to the roof racks. Those are still the same 10% off that Bronco6g members can receive everyday.
Bummer. Some of the accessories are 15% off though, so I’ll probably take advantage of that while I can. I want a set of the handles and another universal plate for my Pak Rax

RotorOver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2021 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Their customer service is top-flight so call or message them. I wonder if the 15% applies to all Heretic Lights. Got my eye on the dome lights which I want to mount to the TrailRax side bars for camping and cargo illumination. Very happy with my TrailRax. Pricey, but worth it.
I took advantage of the sale. The 15% off doesn't apply to the light bars, not sure about the others.

Last edited:
OP
OP
routhless

routhless

Badlands
First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took advantage of the sale. The 15% off doesn't apply to the light bars, not sure about the others.
Yeah the lightbars are a different brand so they're excluded, I believe it's only on TRailrax branded items. I did see Diode Dynamics was having a sale on their light bars though! https://www.diodedynamics.com/specials

aniljavali

Badlands
First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '22 & Tesla 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

here is my setup
Ford Bronco Trailrax Roof Rack PXL_20230628_033754449

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah the lightbars are a different brand so they're excluded, I believe it's only on TRailrax branded items. I did see Diode Dynamics was having a sale on their light bars though! https://www.diodedynamics.com/specials
TrailRax emphasizes that they work closely with Heretic, who are located closeby in Utah, so I went with Heretic. Both outfits will discount for veterans and first responders, but (as is a widespread practice) will not compound that discount to a sale price.
They both cost more than much of the aftermarket items, but I believe I "got what I paid for."

Sponsored

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Hey, we're sorry to hear about this. Please send us an email at info@trailrax and we will happily get you taken care of!

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting the TrailRax for my 2 door! Can't wait!

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks nice and well equipped.

What is your technique for getting the bulkier/heavier gear up there and securing it? That box could get heavy depending what it's loaded with. Are you standing on the tires or door frame with some friends helping or you have a portable ladder?

Its a big reach to the top for all of us, especially with 35+ tires.

OP
OP
routhless

routhless

Badlands
First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks nice and well equipped.

What is your technique for getting the bulkier/heavier gear up there and securing it? That box could get heavy depending what it's loaded with. Are you standing on the tires or door frame with some friends helping or you have a portable ladder?

Its a big reach to the top for all of us, especially with 35+ tires.
I just use the sliders to access my boxes, sometimes I do have to step up on the tire to reach the far end. I'm tall enough to get the box up there myself but if they're completely loaded down and too heavy then I'll have my fiancé help me.

As far as securing them there's a few ways you can do this, from straps to universal mounts - I bit the bullet and spent the money on the rugged mounts ROAM made specifically for these boxes.
Sponsored