Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recommend an air conditioner. Haha. Or go to more camping areas in cooler California or Oregon. You're going to be in humidity country in a camper for a long time.
Believe me it's a concern, I don't like humidity or heat. I would have scheduled this trip for May if we didn't have to wait for the kid to get out of school.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Take extra hotel $. Your gonna end up in some on that FL-NM leg no doubt.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Believe me it's a concern, I don't like humidity or heat. I would have scheduled this trip for May if we didn't have to wait for the kid to get out of school.
Then, treat yourselves to some nice pay showers, or even splurge for a motel a few times. I'm ok with heat, but I hate humidity.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's ALOT of travel. I know it's set in stone, but I'd skip Myrtle Beach and head further down South Carolina like Charleston/Beaufort area, it's a beautiful part of the state. Hunting Island State Park is just outside Beaufort with camping very, very close to the beach. Have fun!

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any questions for Boise, I'd be happy to address?

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh, and plan on being able to change clothes a couple of times a day at least. You'll be doing laundry to stay fresh... Have a rad adventure! It sounds amazing.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tricky, that looks like a great adventure! In honor of it I'm going to send you a Seahawks magnet to attach to your rig while you travel.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ah, yes, Memphis,TX. Home of the Cyclones... I only know this because I pass through there at least twice a year heading to Colorado and they are SUPER proud of their high school football program 😂

This trip sounds so cool, I'm kind of jealous...
Hah! I know nothing about the town but it's on the way home and apparently has a pretty nice free camp site.
Looks like a great adventure, covering some serious distance. Keep an eye out for rattlesnakes around the campground and roadside stops in north and west Texas.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Then, treat yourselves to some nice pay showers, or even splurge for a motel a few times. I'm ok with heat, but I hate humidity.
About every 3rd night is a hotel stay. I sprinkled them in after wheeling days or in the big cities where my wife wants to sight see.

Any questions for Boise, I'd be happy to address?
I lived there a few years so it's not really a destination it's just along the way.

That's ALOT of travel. I know it's set in stone, but I'd skip Myrtle Beach and head further down South Carolina like Charleston/Beaufort area, it's a beautiful part of the state. Hunting Island State Park is just outside Beaufort with camping very, very close to the beach. Have fun!
That's one stop that has some flexibility still since I haven't booked anything yet. I'll check it out.

Tricky, that looks like a great adventure! In honor of it I'm going to send you a Seahawks magnet to attach to your rig while you travel.
Oh no! It fell off! Damn aluminum.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like a great adventure, covering some serious distance. Keep an eye out for rattlesnakes around the campground and roadside stops in north and west Texas.
Will do. I picked out the Arkansas spot partially because it said no swimming - alligators. Keeps it exciting!

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I 2nd skipping Myrle Beach.... The Charleston/Beaufort/Savannah area has the nice southern history/coastal vibe (island hop down the coast to Amelia Island, skip Jacksonville too), the Gulf coast has the nice beaches (white sand). As others have said, to a PNW guy like yourself it will be very hot and humid.

Last edited:

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Skipping Oklahoma all together or just not staying the night?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The trip itself won't start for another 4 months but something of this magnitude requires some forethought. My wife, kid, and I will be touring 25 states between 6/17 and 7/4. Yes, some cheating is involved, like cutting through tips of some states or visiting Four Corners.

This journal will be a place to gather thoughts, get feedback on gear, and schedule meets with B6Gers.

My Bronco and our newly acquired Coleman Colorado pop up will relied on for this trip. The Bronco should still be relatively stock still and the camper has been upgraded with Timbren independent axles, 31" tires, and Lock N Roll hitch.

Nightly stops have been plotted and set in stone and are as follows:

6/17 Gallatin MT
6/18 Castle Gardens WY
6/19 Lewellen NE
6/20 Atchison KS
6/21 Pomona Il
6/22 To Nashville TN
6/23 Windrock TN
6/24 Uwharrie NC
6/25 Myrtle Beach SC
6/26 Jacksonville FL
6/27 Summerdale AL
6/28 New Orleans LA
6/29 Genoa AR
6/30 Memphis TX
7/1 Albuquerque NM
7/2 Moab UT
7/3 Boise ID

273946513_4834992243249430_944686327331762386_n.jpg

273861427_4835041899911131_8190394542237804860_n.jpg
Freakin sweet itinerary.
Camping in Uwharrie on evening of 6-24?
IF so, I may add it to the shedjool and have a meet-n-greet, maybe bring along something good to grill for the families.
Also recommend skipping Myrtle.
It is a tourist trap.
And considerably less pleasant to be in than it was 20 or 30 years back.
Suggestion is to camp somewhere just north of there, say in the Oak Island, Sunset Beach, Holden Beach, Southport area. Trek south THROUGH MB on your way to stop and have some lunch near Charleston or Savannah.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.