PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Make sure you service the trailer bearings and have some spares if needed. I usually have a set of bearings pre-greased and ready to go along with a BFH, drift to pound out the races and a proper tool for the axle nut. Cheap insurance that I've never needed.
First thing I do to my trailers is install bearing buddies. Never had a bearing failure...
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I 2nd skipping Myrle Beach.... The Charleston/Beaufort/Savannah area has the nice southern history/coastal vibe (island hope down the coast to Amelia Island, skip Jacksonville too), the Gulf coast has the nice beaches (white sand). As others have said, to a PNW guy like yourself it will be very hot and humid.
You guys are gonna talk me in to it. Jacksonville is just a well situated waypoint, planning on staying at Hanna Park that night.

Skipping Oklahoma all together or just not staying the night?
Swinging up just far enough to find a Welcome to Oklahoma sign.

Freakin sweet itinerary.
Camping in Uwharrie on evening of 6-24?
IF so, I may add it to the shedjool and have a meet-n-greet, maybe bring along something good to grill for the families.
Also recommend skipping Myrtle.
It is a tourist trap.
And considerably less pleasant to be in than it was 20 or 30 years back.
Suggestion is to camp somewhere just north of there, say in the Oak Island, Sunset Beach, Holden Beach, Southport area. Trek south THROUGH MB on your way to stop and have some lunch near Charleston or Savannah.
The idea is to stay in Thomasville Friday night, wheel Uwharrie Saturday, then a hotel in Myrtle Beach (or Charleston/Oak Island/etc now) that night. I'd love to meet up, I might be more excited for real southern food than anything else.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First thing I do to my trailers is install bearing buddies. Never had a bearing failure...
I'll have to pop the wheels off and see if it has them, I wouldn't be surprised because the builder didn't cut corners. Nobody usually springs for 6 lug axles with brakes on a 1000lb trailer.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh no! It fell off! Damn aluminum.
The rear quarter panels will hold the magnet, but since you are worried about it detaching, I will send you a nice window decal instead.

Ford Bronco Tricky Dick's Epic Southern Adventure images

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rear quarter panels will hold the magnet, but since are worried about it detaching, I will send you a nice window decal instead.

Ford Bronco Tricky Dick's Epic Southern Adventure images
Dafuq, all this time I thought the quarters were aluminum too. I just tested it and you're right.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd forego the tent trailer and stay in cheap motels, which can be found to be about the same cost as decent campgrounds when the difference in fuel mileage is factored in. It also makes for less stressful driving and nothing like a nice shower and an air conditioned room to start the day. Enjoy the trip!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You guys are gonna talk me in to it. Jacksonville is just a well situated waypoint, planning on staying at Hanna Park that night.

The idea is to stay in Thomasville Friday night, wheel Uwharrie Saturday, then a hotel in Myrtle Beach (or Charleston/Oak Island/etc now) that night. I'd love to meet up, I might be more excited for real southern food than anything else.
I got you.
Thomasville is about 40 minutes from my house.
I’ll get together some good southern food options and send them your way…
Here is one.
It’s close to the house, they are open until 9.
Pay one price and they just keep bringing platters of fried chicken, green beans, whitefish, country ham, corn, apples, fried potatoes, pintos, cornbread, and homemade bread. All you can eat.
if you’re down for an additional 40 minute diversion from Thomasville, supper for the fam is on me.

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/north-carolina/hillbilly-hideaway-walnut-cove-nc/amp/

Last edited:

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Safe travels Dick. Must have a solid crew with that kind of windshield time. On your trip north from Moab you’ll be minutes from my place south of SLC. I’ll be on lookout and give you flaccid top wave😁

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you are close to Davis swing By Arbuckle fried Pies, Just North of the Red. Can’t remember the name of it but there’s a great off road park there to.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
6/22 To Nashville TN
6/23 Windrock TN
6/24 Uwharrie NC
6/25 Oak Island SC
6/26 Waycross GA
6/27 Summerdale AL
6/28 New Orleans LA
FYI: Heat, rain, bugs, and sweat.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Freakin sweet itinerary.
Camping in Uwharrie on evening of 6-24?
IF so, I may add it to the shedjool and have a meet-n-greet, maybe bring along something good to grill for the families.
Also recommend skipping Myrtle.
It is a tourist trap.
And considerably less pleasant to be in than it was 20 or 30 years back.
Suggestion is to camp somewhere just north of there, say in the Oak Island, Sunset Beach, Holden Beach, Southport area. Trek south THROUGH MB on your way to stop and have some lunch near Charleston or Savannah.
I’m down for Uwharrie on that date too

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like an awesome trip! Look forward to seeing your trip, we're planning to get a small TT as well.

Use Roadtrippers to build your pit stops and make it fun for the kids (and you). Awesome app, we have all of our past road trips plotted in there. It has filters for everything imaginable and you can set xx miles off route, roadside oddities, ghost towns, national parks, amusement parks, see the Christmas Story house (with the leg in the window), etc. We always tried to find something at the mid-point of the day's drive to break it up.
Ford Bronco Tricky Dick's Epic Southern Adventure 48 state ma
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.