Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mmm, small enclosed trailer, destroying the latrine in the middle of the night, humid conditions, road food. May I suggest an ensuite (quick pitch brand)?

downloadfile.jpg

IMGP6733-768x1024.jpg
A must. Pun intended.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As @lil_mule_4x4 alluded to, be thankful you’re not trying this in August. 🥵 You could luck out in June with a lower humidity day, so fingers crossed. Beach towels for your seats when you park is a good idea. That vinyl will get crazy hot and the towel can absorb your sweat while you wait for the AC to kick in. Are you familiar with June bugs? They make driving at night on smaller road… interesting.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you camping at Laura S Walker state park while in Waycross, GA? I
Waycross has been nixed for a hotel in Savannah. We found a few things we wanted to do in Charleston so we moved the night stopping point closer.

As someone who RVs for work, everything is now booked out months in advance. When I was working in Huntsville, AL last year, popular places like Guntersville reservoir were booked out into June when I was inquiring in early March. I imagine things are worse now. Certainly takes some spontaneity out of things...
Yeah I found out about reserving a few years ago when some of my extended family started doing annual camping trips. The first one was a disaster, then we started booking 6 months out. Spontaneity would be fun but stressing about finding a spot is not.

Are you familiar with June bugs? They make driving at night on smaller road… interesting.
We get a few up here. Fun on a motorcycle.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All accommodations have been booked. On to picking out where to stop for food. I'm going to come back 50lbs heavier.

Anybody on this route please feel free to throw out suggestions!

Last edited:

First BaseMan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know what your exact route through MO and STL will be, but after you cross the river this should be right on your way: https://beastcraftbbq.com/
Don't let the unassuming location deter you. The BBQ is incredible.
Then you can hop on Rt 159 and take it to the Great River Road and that will take you almost all the way to Pomona.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know what your exact route through MO and STL will be, but after you cross the river this should be right on your way: https://beastcraftbbq.com/
Don't let the unassuming location deter you. The BBQ is incredible.
Then you can hop on Rt 159 and take it to the Great River Road and that will take you almost all the way to Pomona.
Was thinking about grabbing lunch near Gateway Arch Park and spending some time there but this sounds worth waiting half hour.

First BaseMan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was thinking about grabbing lunch near Gateway Arch Park and spending some time there but this sounds worth waiting half hour.
If you're going to be coming through downtown anyway and BBQ is your thing Bogart's in Soulard and a trip over to the arch would be good too. Can't go wrong with either choice, and it would be very easy to call an audible based on timing, traffic, weather, hangry-ness, etc.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're going to be coming through downtown anyway and BBQ is your thing Bogart's in Soulard and a trip over to the arch would be good too. Can't go wrong with either choice, and it would be very easy to call an audible based on timing, traffic, weather, hangry-ness, etc.
Thanks, it will go on the list. I like having back up options. Picking dinner in unfamiliar places has led to hanger before!

First BaseMan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks, it will go on the list. I like having back up options. Picking dinner in unfamiliar places has led to hanger before!
Definitely call Bogart's ahead of time if you'll be in around dinner. They only stay open until they sell what they made that day. There's another place called the Wood Shack just down the street with amazing smoked meat sandwiches though.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The frequent warnings about the heat got to me and I bought a Honda EU2000i generator today. Will lug it along with my portable LG 8k BTU AC.

I tried it out and it runs with the genny on eco mode, nice and quiet.

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The frequent warnings about the heat got to me and I bought a Honda EU2000i generator today. Will lug it along with my portable LG 8k BTU AC.

I tried it out and it runs with the genny on eco mode, nice and quiet.
Some camping areas only allow you to run an engine, car or geni, a few hours a day. Look into that. It's ok in a lot of places though. Although sometimes at those places, you end up next to guy who runs some loud one all the time. You'll be fine with an AC.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some camping areas only allow you to run an engine, car or geni, a few hours a day. Look into that. It's ok in a lot of places though. Although sometimes at those places, you end up next to guy who runs some loud one all the time. You'll be fine with an AC.
All the paid sites I booked have hook ups. It's the dispersed sites that concern me so hopefully there won't be any bitching about the genny there.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All the paid sites I booked have hook ups. It's the dispersed sites that concern me so hopefully there won't be any bitching about the genny there.
Usually, silent campsites are patrolled by rangers. They will be the ones laying down the hammer. But you have it under control. Rock on!

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Usually, silent campsites are patrolled by rangers. They will be the ones laying down the hammer. But you have it under control. Rock on!
Might have to sweat a few times. Such is life.

Also sucked it up and bought a 20a Renogy DC to DC charger. Should keep the house battery charged up while driving.

Modified the trailer tongue to be adjustable too so I can level it to the Bronco, and added a folding step to the entry. The 2ft step in height was a bit much.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Might have to sweat a few times. Such is life.

Also sucked it up and bought a 20a Renogy DC to DC charger. Should keep the house battery charged up while driving.

Modified the trailer tongue to be adjustable too so I can level it to the Bronco, and added a folding step to the entry. The 2ft step in height was a bit much.
I'm jealous of your trailer. What a great trip coming up. You're dialed in.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.