First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey Dick, I've never been to Spokane, but I've traveled the country pretty good including some PNW. The summer in the gulf south just hits different, the heat/humidity is oppressive. Day and night. And Im someone who lives here. Body acclamation to a new climate is a real thing. You will have a great trip, it looks epic. Just want you to know what to expect!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice trailer - just need to replace the “RUBICON” letters with “BADLANDS” or something.
I agree! My wife has Cricut so she's going to work something up.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Dick, I've never been to Spokane, but I've traveled the country pretty good including some PNW. The summer in the gulf south just hits different, the heat/humidity is oppressive. Day and night. And Im someone who lives here. Body acclamation to a new climate is a real thing. You will have a great trip, it looks epic. Just want you to know what to expect!
I do appreciate that, I'm just trying to quantify what I'm up against.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dayum TD, that's gonna be some fun. Take it from one that has done many road trips. If you drive through the corner of a state, you were in that state and it officially counts.:cool: Have a great, and safe time sir.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d suggest skipping Nola unless you have your v@cks
You have to show proof everywhere you go inside, or at least they have that in place

I’m outside of Baton Rouge if you get in a bind

i have a shop and tools

I’ll message you

Sponsored

First BaseMan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The trip itself won't start for another 4 months but something of this magnitude requires some forethought. My wife, kid, and I will be touring 25 states between 6/17 and 7/4. Yes, some cheating is involved, like cutting through tips of some states or visiting Four Corners.

This journal will be a place to gather thoughts, get feedback on gear, and schedule meets with B6Gers.

My Bronco and our newly acquired Coleman Colorado pop up will relied on for this trip. The Bronco should still be relatively stock still and the camper has been upgraded with custom frame, Timbren independent axles, 31" tires, and Lock N Roll hitch.

Nightly stops have been plotted and somewhat set in stone (edited to reflect some suggestions) and are as follows:

6/17 Gallatin MT
6/18 Castle Gardens WY
6/19 Lewellen NE
6/20 Atchison KS
6/21 Pomona Il
6/22 To Nashville TN
6/23 Windrock TN
6/24 Uwharrie NC
6/25 Oak Island SC
6/26 Waycross GA
6/27 Summerdale AL
6/28 New Orleans LA
6/29 Genoa AR
6/30 Memphis TX
7/1 Albuquerque NM
7/2 Moab UT
7/3 Boise ID

273946513_4834992243249430_944686327331762386_n.jpg

273861427_4835041899911131_8190394542237804860_n.jpg
Well done finding one of the handful of actually pretty places in Illinois.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have a great time ,recently did ca to fl 10 there 40 back 17 states dog gf and I.
It was awesome buckys gas stops were awesome ,loves were not bad we took time to smell the roses and the people we met along the way were awesome .
Please keep us informed and happy travels your about to make a lifetime of memories.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well done finding one of the handful of actually pretty places in Illinois.
Completely by accident lol. It just happened to land right in my drive time cutoff window.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Genoa, AR?

Maybe head down to Fouke and look up the monster. Ain't nothing going on in Genoa.

Fouke Monster: The Legend of Boggy Creek

Seriously though, Genoa? I wouldn't stop there if I had a flat tire.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll have to pull up my notes but I think it was just a well situated and cheap camp site.

Yeah, I'm sure it was, but man it wouldn't be on my list of places to stop.

Now, if the Fouke monster isn't your thing, how about the supernatural? The Gurdon lights are just up the road from there. Genoa is near some interesting stuff, but has has nothing of interest itself.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Added a couple essentials to the camper, both just short enough to fit. Let's not get them mixed up in the middle of the night.

51lpBn7FN7L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

71ns6sQs2qL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

lil_mule_4x4

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do appreciate that, I'm just trying to quantify what I'm up against.
I will +1 the others that mentioned the difference in humidity down here on the Gulf Coast. It's not the temp that you should be concerned with, its the humidity. In the 1990's, as a much thinner college student, I camped in Key Largo in August. NEVER AGAIN. Even after showering with cold water at night, I was sweating before I could dry off and get dressed, and I grew up in S GA. Needless to say, after getting nearly no sleep that night, a box fan was immediately purchased the following day.

Are you camping at Laura S Walker state park while in Waycross, GA? If so, a few tips from a native S GA boy:
(1) Take the kiddos on a Okeefenokee boat tour - its a natural time warp + you mentioned gators. Lifetime memory that everyone will love!
(2) At a minimum - bug spray (for mosquitos), Under Armour cool wear outfit (for humidity), Gold Bond powder and/or triple antibiotic ointment (for moisture or skin irritations), a box fan (for circulation), and an old, soft T-shirt for wiping sweat.
(3) Recomms - portable A/C (for comfy sleep), small bottle of skin-so-soft (for gnats), or Gnat Hats if they drive you insane. They should be available locally so you shouldn't need to pre-purchase ahead.

Your trip is going to be such a great adventure! I look forward to reading about it and seeing the pics. I plan to do the same. All I need is my Bronco...

Link:

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The proximity to the holiday is why I'm trying to get everything set now instead of just showing up.

I'm having a hard time getting my head around this humidity thing. According to all the data I pull up the humidity ranges from about the same to maybe 10% higher than what I see here.
As someone who RVs for work, everything is now booked out months in advance. When I was working in Huntsville, AL last year, popular places like Guntersville reservoir were booked out into June when I was inquiring in early March. I imagine things are worse now. Certainly takes some spontaneity out of things...

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Added a couple essentials to the camper, both just short enough to fit. Let's not get them mixed up in the middle of the night.

51lpBn7FN7L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

71ns6sQs2qL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Mmm, small enclosed trailer, destroying the latrine in the middle of the night, humid conditions, road food. May I suggest an ensuite (quick pitch brand)?

downloadfile.jpg

IMGP6733-768x1024.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.