Sponsored

Trying to laugh about it - Anyone taking bets on another Friday 3pm email?

Broncadonk MKG

Black Diamond
First Name
Mikayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You obviously don't even understand how the military auto source (MAS) program works. The orders go through a totally different system...

However, let's go with the idea that MAS "scammed" me. The entire program is overseen by the DoD contracts office. I am pretty sure that the contractor for that program has no desire to find themselves in a position to lose that contract. That said, I know that the DoD will not take kindly to service members getting screwed by a program that is allegedly in place to service military service members and to protect them from getting "scammed" in the first place. It's a fleet order and Ford contracted with MAS to provide the vehicle. There is a whole process in place for delivery inspections and whatnot to ensure that the vehicle is delivered in the promised condition. Maybe I will have to sue the contractor at some point, I hope not. However, providing a Bronco, that's not my problem, that is MAS's problem and Ford's problem. They need to provide the product they contracted with me for, and Ford needs to fulfill their obligation to them. It's that simple.
Bro, MAS is just PX Carvana.
The only difference between MAS and a brick and mortar dealer is just that; brick and mortar. They still have salesmen who do the same job. They still have very regimented inventory order systems. Been switching between title 10 and title 32 orders for the last 8 years, don’t make the mistake of assuming I have no idea how DoD contracting works. MAS is NOT prioritized over hard stand dealerships. Additionally, USAA owns the vehicle now that hasn’t been delivered. They don’t care when it’ll be built, because they’re not driving it everyday. So if something happens between now and the time it eventually ends up in your driveway in 3 decades like everybody else, you’re screwed just the same. It will be a nightmare to retract that loan. The MAS 30 day prior payment to delivery requirement exists because that’s assuming it’s already built and in transit. Key word; in transit. Or, you write a contract while you’re deployed with reasonable assumption that the vehicle will be ready to pick up by the time you get back. Just like my dealership; I’m TDY at the moment, and will be for about a month after mine was expected to arrive at the dealership. My dealer is just storing it out of sight of the general public for that month, much like MAS does with their layaway warehouse allocations with manufacturers.

The whole situation is like comparing car shopping to sitting down at a restaurant.
No parts? “Sorry ma’am, we don’t have any more steak tonight, could we make you fried chicken instead?”
Taking a while to deliver your food to your table?
“Sir, I just wanted to let you know that your food is almost done, but we are short on waitresses tonight. Let me get you a drink refill in the meantime.”
At a restaurant, you do not pay the waitress her tip in advance, nor do you pay for the food in advance. Because a lot could happen between the time you enter the restaurant and the time you leave the restaurant. The same applies for carbuying. I too am going through USAA for my loan, but I’m waiting to get verbal confirmation from my dealer that my bronco is on a truck and heading that way before I set up the pre-approval. That way I don’t fuck up my credit score, I don’t lose a very large sum of money I have saved as a down payment, and I am not stuck without a contingency plan (aka a new vehicle to replace my current shitbox) if it all goes south because I paid for a ghost, and I’m not fighting with a bank to try and retract a legal obligation of thousands of dollars because I deploy or go on overseas TDY again before my bronco gets out of MAP.
I don’t want to lecture you because I’m not your mother. But come on. MAS did what any other dealer can do, meanwhile they cannot, nor will not, move mountains at MAP because Ford can’t conjure properly functioning parts out of thin air for people who already worked out/ followed through with contracts at their dealer. I am still on track to receive a MY21 like many others but now I’m going to be absolutely screwed because I’m probably deploying right before it eventually arrives. So it’ll sit in a storage unit for a year, and there’s not shit I can do about it because Ford gave me a vin and had it on the production line RIGHT before they announced yet another delay. Had I known this was coming, I would’ve pushed my order back and waited for a MY22/23.
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
hmmmm, I remember them saying that it didn't start until September 1st.
I switched a while back to soft top to hopefully accelerate my build. I was recently notified by Ford that a VIN was issued for an August 30th week build. The same day I saw that the requirement that only September 1st and later builds with soft tops would be equipped with the kit. I checked with my dealer, who confirmed that my build would have the kit. Whew!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bro, MAS is just PX Carvana.
Well, we disagree on some aspects of the contracting office having no ability to influence the performance of MAS, but we'll see as things progress.

The MAS 30 day prior payment to delivery requirement exists because that’s assuming it’s already built and in transit.
Well part of the problem is that my vehicle is built and was supposed to already be in transit. No one had the ability to accurately predict when Ford was going to suddenly stop shipping MIC equipped hardtop Broncos. So yes, I didn't wait for it to be in transit, but even that doesn't guarantee a happy ending.

I don’t want to lecture you because I’m not your mother. But come on. MAS did what any other dealer can do, meanwhile they cannot, nor will not, move mountains at MAP because Ford can’t conjure properly functioning parts out of thin air for people who already worked out/ followed through with contracts at their dealer.
Quite correct with regards to delivery; Ford, not MAS, is who I have the problem with when it comes to holding the vehicle at the Dirt Mountain Storage Complex. Ford made the decision not to ship a vehicle that has been paid for (unless MAS is still holding all the money). USAA is concerned because they don't have collateral for which to secure the loan, so I will let them deal with MAS and Ford as needed.

I am still on track to receive a MY21 like many others but now I’m going to be absolutely screwed because I’m probably deploying right before it eventually arrives.

So it’ll sit in a storage unit for a year, and there’s not shit I can do about it because Ford gave me a vin and had it on the production line RIGHT before they announced yet another delay. Had I known this was coming, I would’ve pushed my order back and waited for a MY22/23.
I hope that your deployment goes well! Perhaps you'll be lucky enough not to have to store your vehicle, maybe it will be kept at the Dirt Mountain Storage Complex until you return...

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi there, everyone. We hear you. We are working hard on getting you in your Bronco as quickly as possible. Depending on your build, we are actively starting to communicate what we’re doing to make things right. Please feel free to check out our latest FAQs at the following link: https://ford.to/broncosupport
@Ford Motor Company then why have I received not one communication from you. I have tried your customer service and that was pretty pointless. I even completed the survey regarding my concerns about the service I received and have heard nothing back from that either.
Sponsored