indyguy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I called the salesman, who asked the parts department about fitting. Initially, parts department did not think they (the dealership) should fit the doors. Once we inquired of the service department, however, and considering these are doors listed on the sticker, they said to "come on down" and they would take care of it.

I cannot say enough good things about MAXWELL FORD in Austin, Texas. Throughout this very difficult and lengthy process of reserving/ordering/delivering the vehicle, the Maxwell team has done an outstanding job.

The Salesman asked that I bring the vehicle to him directly. He took it back to the shop, where the doors were fitted. Since this was their first one on which the doors were installed, everyone wanted an admiring look.

these doors are SOLID and close much like the standard doors. Very impressed with the heft and sense of security while driving. VERY HAPPY with this option. VERY GLAD I took it back to the dealership to install rather than spend an hour out in 100+ degree weather trying to make adjustments. Once we sorted out the details, the dealership was happy to do the job.
20220812_104731.jpg
Thanks for info. I would say DIO @ $2000.00 means dealer installed option and any dealer would install/adjust doors. Man I tell you what, some people on here just live on this forum to be hateful and sarcastic and couldnt say a nice word if their life depended on it. But anyway, Looks good and glad you got it straightened out.
Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought these shoes from the store and they had laces but they are not tied. Can I return them as a warranty item and have them tie my laces for me?
😭

OP
OP

titaboxeo

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man I tell you what, some people on here just live on this forum to be hateful and sarcastic and couldnt say a nice word if their life depended on it.

And what's really funny is their analogy doesn't even "fit" so to speak. If the laces were not sized correctly for the shoes, out of the box, you wouldn't take them back? If the light bulb wasn't sized correctly for the socket, even though it was labeled as correct for the socket, you wouldn't take it back? This isn't the same as having someone close the door once fitted, this is expecting the doors to fit out of the box.

Those distinctions, of course, are lost on people who have too much time on their hands.
but, hey, there is some good information on this forum.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Man I tell you what, some people on here just live on this forum to be hateful and sarcastic and couldnt say a nice word if their life depended on it.

And what's really funny is their analogy doesn't even "fit" so to speak. If the laces were not sized correctly for the shoes, out of the box, you wouldn't take them back? If the light bulb wasn't sized correctly for the socket, even though it was labeled as correct for the socket, you wouldn't take it back? This isn't the same as having someone close the door once fitted, this is expecting the doors to fit out of the box.

Those distinctions, of course, are lost on people who have too much time on their hands.
but, hey, there is some good information on this forum.
Most are nice on here and very accommodating to help. Broncos are very much a do it yourself improvement vehicle for a lot of us, so you will get some of the comments on a “simple” adjustment especially after you went through trouble to install yourself to start with. Also, it is the internet lol.

Glad you got it worked out and had a good dealership experience. I JCR tube doors and love driving with them as I’m sure you will with the OEM ones.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is DIO?
  • This a Ford Dealer Program to provide more orderable content and provide increased Dealer support.
  • These are accessories that are ordered with the vehicle and installed at the Dealership before the customer takes delivery of the vehicle. These accessories / parts are listed on the Window Sticker.

Sponsored

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True enough, but I've been building or modifying side-by-sides, ATV's, and Jeeps for years, and now moving into the Bronco segment. And in both groups forums, it is surprising how many people want to modify and drive big off-road vehicles, and have very little, if ANY, ability or basic knowledge of DIY repairs, adjustments, or wrench-turning in general. Many of them are mall crawlers at best, that like the dealer to do everything and for every part to be a bolt-on perfect fit, first try, every time. Many of them don't even USE, let alone BREAK their rigs on the trail. These types can be frustrating in off-road forums or forums about specific off-road vehicles. This is a hobby best suited for the mechanically inclined, not for soft-palmed girly boys that can't even change a flat or their own oil. It gets tiring hearing them whine about tiny inconveniences with their big boy toys. I say this in general, not making commentary about the OP specifically.

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did not have any issues with mine.
Ford Bronco TUBE DOORS DON'T FIT!  Warranty Issue? [UPDATE] Tubular Bronco

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Make sure you keep checking the mounting bolts on the hinges and the tube doors. I've had mine come loose and lost some shims. If possible I recommend replacing the shims with washers that won't fall out if the bolts are loose but haven't fallen out all the way. These shims just drop out if the bolt is even a little loose.

OP
OP

titaboxeo

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What I later found is that the bolts should not be tightened until the door is in the closed position, i.e. latched. Tight the bolts while door is open and they don't fit. ONce the door is closed the bolts tighten as needed. These doors are indeed solid. Yes, agree, Maxwell was very helpful.

DucatiExplorer

Raptor
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I purchased the Tube Doors and had to adjust and shim every one of the doors. Wasn't that difficult but did take me a while to get them just perfect. The last door fought back with me but I won in the end.

I think they are worth the money and the time to get them just perfect. Take your time and adjust gradually. Once you get them right you don't have to adjust anymore. I love mine and think you will to!!

IMG_3918.jpeg

IMG_3916.jpeg

IMG_3915.jpeg

Sponsored

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Quality control on the doors is somewhat erratic maybe? On my 2 door I had to take shims off of the passenger and ended up adding them to the drivers side, which still was a little short of what I needed and then weeks later I found the box with the rest of the shims. Doh!
But yeah, solid and work like the real doors. The wifely one likes the feeling of security, as she sometimes felt our Wrangler was trying to toss her out of the seat.

KRAKEN

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 DOOR BRONCO, 2014 F150 XLT, 2006 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wife... meh... but don't toss the dog!

OldMetal

Heritage
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500, 2008 F150, 1977 Cadillac Eldorado,
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Man, I am so excited about these doors. I just got a crazy deal on a "still new in the box" set and can't wait to get them on this weekend!

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What I later found is that the bolts should not be tightened until the door is in the closed position, i.e. latched. Tight the bolts while door is open and they don't fit. ONce the door is closed the bolts tighten as needed. These doors are indeed solid. Yes, agree, Maxwell was very helpful.
That's not correct. In this case you will not be able to tighten the full doors once you reinstall. The hinges have a square fitting and you have to rotate them until they slide down into position fully and that square fitting is seated. If you try tightening them before they slide down into position, they'll make a popping sound when you open.

I also had to add shims to 2 out of 4 doors. It wasn't a big deal and I'm sure I have them fitted better than the quick job the dealer would have done.
Sponsored