First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco came with DIO Tube Doors, a manufacturer's sticker item. THE DOORS DON'T FIT!
Included in the package, after almost throwing them out, were small packages of adjusting plates. So, apparently, FORD expects these doors to be adjusted for fit.
Anyone have experience taking these back to dealer and having them adjust to the doors to fit as a warranty claim?
In my opinion, for nearly $2,000, I should not have to wrestle with having them fit the door.
I want mine to look like this photo!
Ford Bronco TUBE DOORS DON'T FIT!  Warranty Issue? [UPDATE] m19008btd4_2022
Sponsored

cyxpack

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They are listed as a "dealer installed option". Can you have the dealer install them (the first time)?

If I change from a 22 to a 23 I plan on adding the tube doors. Question did they come with your Bronco or did you have to wait to have them shipped separate?

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered the tube doors with the Bronco and they were at the dealer when I picked it up.

They came with 3 shims on each door attachment point plus some additional ones. It was just a matter of hanging them, loosening the alignment bolts and adding/removing shims until the latch is lined up. Was actually fairly easy. There is even an adjustable bumper on the latch to give it a solid closure.

Ford Bronco TUBE DOORS DON'T FIT!  Warranty Issue? [UPDATE] 0582649E-6F79-4E21-8978-8DB6EB0B9DA0

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had to add one lower shim to 3 out of the 4 doors. Done by myself in the driveway as mentioned above.

Tube doors were ordered with my 2021. Got my Bronco in September 2021 and my tube doors didn’t arrive until 3 weeks ago.

3160107F-7F8F-437F-B1B7-854A34A93B73.jpeg

Sponsored

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had to add/remove multiple shims on both doors, which couldn't have taken more than 20 minutes per door. All you have to do is bolt on the door, try to close it, add/remove shims, and repeat until you have a proper fit.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine were all perfect except the driver's door. It just required one shim.
Ford Bronco TUBE DOORS DON'T FIT!  Warranty Issue? [UPDATE] 20220723_140140

GameWarden

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bronco came with DIO Tube Doors, a manufacturer's sticker item. THE DOORS DON'T FIT!
Included in the package, after almost throwing them out, were small packages of adjusting plates. So, apparently, FORD expects these doors to be adjusted for fit.
Anyone have experience taking these back to dealer and having them adjust to the doors to fit as a warranty claim?
In my opinion, for nearly $2,000, I should not have to wrestle with having them fit the door.
I want mine to look like this photo!
Ford Bronco TUBE DOORS DON'T FIT!  Warranty Issue? [UPDATE] 20220723_140140
My dealer called me when they came in. I took my doors off and drove up there the next day and the service manager put them on and adjusted them for me. I helped him, but to be honest I mostly just held stuff while he adjusted the shims. Once they were set they were good to go and just as easy to install and remove as the stock doors.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Expecting your doors to fit out of the box is not realistic, but can happen. Your factory doors, hood, and tailgate went through body fit at the factory. Every manufacturer has a process for body fit. The body and all closures are not perfect fit out of the body shop.

OP
OP

titaboxeo

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I called the salesman, who asked the parts department about fitting. Initially, parts department did not think they (the dealership) should fit the doors. Once we inquired of the service department, however, and considering these are doors listed on the sticker, they said to "come on down" and they would take care of it.

I cannot say enough good things about MAXWELL FORD in Austin, Texas. Throughout this very difficult and lengthy process of reserving/ordering/delivering the vehicle, the Maxwell team has done an outstanding job.

The Salesman asked that I bring the vehicle to him directly. He took it back to the shop, where the doors were fitted. Since this was their first one on which the doors were installed, everyone wanted an admiring look.

these doors are SOLID and close much like the standard doors. Very impressed with the heft and sense of security while driving. VERY HAPPY with this option. VERY GLAD I took it back to the dealership to install rather than spend an hour out in 100+ degree weather trying to make adjustments. Once we sorted out the details, the dealership was happy to do the job.
Ford Bronco TUBE DOORS DON'T FIT!  Warranty Issue? [UPDATE] 20220812_104731

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I called the salesman, who asked the parts department about fitting. Initially, parts department did not think they (the dealership) should fit the doors. Once we inquired of the service department, however, and considering these are doors listed on the sticker, they said to "come on down" and they would take care of it.

I cannot say enough good things about MAXWELL FORD in Austin, Texas. Throughout this very difficult and lengthy process of reserving/ordering/delivering the vehicle, the Maxwell team has done an outstanding job.

The Salesman asked that I bring the vehicle to him directly. He took it back to the shop, where the doors were fitted. Since this was their first one on which the doors were installed, everyone wanted an admiring look.

these doors are SOLID and close much like the standard doors. Very impressed with the heft and sense of security while driving. VERY HAPPY with this option. VERY GLAD I took it back to the dealership to install rather than spend an hour out in 100+ degree weather trying to make adjustments. Once we sorted out the details, the dealership was happy to do the job.
Ford Bronco TUBE DOORS DON'T FIT!  Warranty Issue? [UPDATE] 20220812_104731
Nice.
When I had a issue with my previous car, the sales guy basically told me tough. Try calling the owner.

... must be weird having a nice dealership.
Sponsored