Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, be easy on me when I ask this question, because I am a geezer and never a trail runner. What is the actual purpose of these ā€œ doorsā€. I get some may like the look and the possible ā€ coolā€ factor, but is there an actual reason for the design? Is it simply a way to hit trails while switching out the daily doors in order not to worry about door damage? These prices make me wonder what a real door shell goes for. Thanks.
Correct, itā€™s a way to have some intrusion protection while not risking body work to damage. Also, and maybe more importantly to many is the ability to see the trail/spot lines and obstacles better than with full doors.

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bronco tax strikes again! I waited two years (really about 30) for this Bronco. Iā€™ll wait a few years for the after-market to heat up and stabilize and prices to come down. Let competition do itā€™s thing.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There was a rumor that they were also crash tested? Does anyone have information that would croborate that rumor? If so, they may be leveraging that for the price.
I think they do need to pass crash testing or they wouldn't be legal for on road use. That's likely how they justify the price.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was a rumor that they were also crash tested? Does anyone have information that would croborate that rumor? If so, they may be leveraging that for the price.
Donā€™t take my words as absolute fact but Iā€™m almost positive that the various official accessories must be safety tested if there is a chance they might affect the ratings or performance in the event of a crash. That said yes I remember hearing that they were tested as was the winch and rear slide out tailgate.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, Bronco tax for sure, ridiculous. This shit is getting way out of hand.

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy rip off Batman!

Ford Bronco Tube Doors price & part numbers released: $1250 2-Door / $2250 4-Door 1649889023873

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Okay, be easy on me when I ask this question, because I am a geezer and never a trail runner. What is the actual purpose of these ā€œ doorsā€. I get some may like the look and the possible ā€ coolā€ factor, but is there an actual reason for the design? Is it simply a way to hit trails while switching out the daily doors in order not to worry about door damage? These prices make me wonder what a real door shell goes for. Thanks.
I think the tube doors are more for appearance. Either way though, lose the regular doors for easier spotting, hopping in/out, and overall fun compare to a buttoned down vehicle.

Safety? I don't know. Seems like you can't step a foot these days, without someone trying to make their fear your reality, via regulation and force. I'm glad I had a lot of fun prior to some of this "safety" stuff.

Ford Bronco Tube Doors price & part numbers released: $1250 2-Door / $2250 4-Door P1170762_alt2_sm2
Ford Bronco Tube Doors price & part numbers released: $1250 2-Door / $2250 4-Door P1170765_sm

First BaseMan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hopefully one of our fine vendors will step in with a better solution. I think I'd jump in at just over a grand, leap in if they were paintable.

Not a huge fan of those doughnut doors, though they might be of interest to some:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/donut-doors-are-coming.38557/
I'd be interested in the donut doors if they were cheaper and I could get the guy making the half cab FE to hack them up to look like those roadster door renderings:
Ford Bronco Tube Doors price & part numbers released: $1250 2-Door / $2250 4-Door 1649889897179

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if they come with a jar of Vaseline, I mean they should at that price....

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Literally double the cost of a 4 door set of Mopar JL/JT tube doors. Can't imagine this pricing staying this high for any period of time. Honestly don't feel there's a high percentage of Bronco owners that want tube doors as it is, then with this pricing, you're going to scare away a high percentage of that already small grouping. I guess less then 6 months before these drop drastically in price

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife wonā€™t ride without some kind of door. So I only needed on. Ford doors are out for me.
Sponsored