Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wait until you want to work on your vehicle and need to leave it running while getting in and out. Or hopping out to switch seats with the wife or something. It's that short little trip around the car thatll getcha.

It's incredibly loud and just delayed enough to get ya right in the earhole as soon as you walk by.

My poor, poor neighbors..
Just walk behind the vehicle instead ;) lol
Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It’s a safety feature, so they’re not going to make it simple to deactivate it.

I never understood why people leave their cars running and walk away from it. If it’s that hot or cold out, get out, remote start your vehicle, and do your errand.
Get out to help my kid out his sports gear in the back without swinging the tailgate into another car or into the middle of traffic. It's not like I am leaving to warm up, just jumping out to help someone.

if I keep the key in pocket as intended with proximity doors/start stop button, every time I jump out to open a gate it goes off.

I close the door because it's raining

just my two examples

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Double Horn Honk disableBCM726-63-02xxx0xxxxxx--disables double honk when exiting running vehicle
I know nothing of Forscan. Can anyone confirm this code works?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When you start the vehicle leave the fob in the front of center console. No honk when you get out. When you turn it off and leave the vehicle for good, grab fob to lock doors. Seems easy enough, just have to get in a habit of learning how to use your new toys. Actually I believe there is a spot to "hold" the fob while in vehicle. I will have to search for it. (and I don't mean the spot when the battery is dead in the fob)

My 08 F150 has a key and door keypad. So first time I go to store and leave truck run to warm up thinking I would just use the keypad to access when returning from the store. NOPE. Lock the door and by the time it shuts, it unlocks itself. Either shut the truck off or not lock the doors.

These things happen when we let electronics control everything. Just have to learn how to use it the way someone else designed it.

😁

Sponsored

jayson1980

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Bronco; 2017 Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I never understood why people leave their cars running and walk away from it. If it’s that hot or cold out, get out, remote start your vehicle, and do your errand.
No kids, I’m guessing? Crazy that you never start your car and then jump out because you forgot something in the house or to throw something in the trash. Well done.

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No kids, I’m guessing? Crazy that you never start your car and then jump out because you forgot something in the house or to throw something in the trash. Well done.
do that in SP (South Philly) and somebody driving away wit your Bronco

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s a safety feature, so they’re not going to make it simple to deactivate it.

If I am loading the car, I drag my stuff out to it, start it up (especially in winter) to allow the oil a few extra minutes to circulate in the engine and warm during the time it takes to load. Some folks don't have a remote start. Or if there is ice scraping to be done, you always start your vehicle while you chip ice and snow off (and it lets the defrosters start doing their job.) for the 5-10 minutes it might take to de-frozen water your vehicle. If I am going to be taking a key fob out of my pocket to put in the center console, I might as well have a real key.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why I posted it yes it works I did it to both my Broncos. I also made it so you have to hit the panic button twice before it will set off the alarm.
You might create a separate thread with the title “Horn Honk issue: solved” or something. There’s lots of folks interested in this fix! Thanks!

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's probably not wise to leave your fob inside a running car and exit it... Lol
And... Can the doors be locked with the fob outside a running car?

Sponsored

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I appreciate it letting you know the keys are not in the vehicle and it is running, however its more the volume of the alert. A simple chirp would be much nicer. As it is....it about makes you jump out of your shoes if you are headed toward the front of the vehicle when you get out. The delay gets me every time.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep I agree. I just got mine and no kid has been in it. Just me playing with it in my driveway and of course it honks at me the entire time as I am just playing with the features and having to get in and out to do so. I am sure neighbors loved it. Not sure what this person does with his vehicle but obviously not much. Maybe he should have got a Camry...

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Double Horn Honk disableBCM726-63-02xxx0xxxxxx--disables double honk when exiting running vehicle
Thank you! Was able to shut off this really annoying feature along with programming the switch I added to the Badlands to control my BD fogs like factory (not using upfitter).
Sponsored