Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No comment
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Turn Offroad

When can we expect some new photos? Excitement in the air.
Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Excellent update. The anticipation of the production photos is too much!

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey guys,

We've got a page up on our website that details most of what we've said here. If you've been following along this will be nothing new but if you haven't it is a condensed version of all of the posts that we've made.

https://turnoffroad.com/pages/hardtops
Can you tell us how much the wiper, defrost, and washer will cost additionally, and will that be available day one? Didn't get the hard top prep for nothing.

Thanks!

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reached out to Turn Off-Road, and they were kind enough to answer my question on how/where their tops are made. Thought I'd share with the group incase anyone else was interested as well:

We're delighted to share insights into our manufacturing process. Our hard tops are made in house, in both our US and Mexico facilities. The core components of our tops, including the interior liner, gelcoat, resin, fiberglass, glass, gas struts for the glass, latches, and weather seals, are all sourced from reputable American companies.

Subsequently, these materials are transported to our Turn Offroad facility just across the border in Mexico, where we leverage skilled labor to intricately hand lay the tops in molds constructed in the USA. This strategic approach allows us to combine superior parts with discounted skilled labor. Our MX production manager commutes from Southern California across the border daily.

In our Mexican facility, the fiberglass component undergoes processes including sanding, gel coating, and carpeting, while windows, seals, and latches are meticulously installed. Following this phase, the completed tops undergo thorough quality control procedures. After being checked by our USA based QC inspector our tops are transported to our shipping facility in Riverside, California for final QC and shipping out to customers.

Our business model draws inspiration from Ford themselves, who have adeptly harnessed resources just south of the border. By seamlessly integrating the expertise of American suppliers, engineers, and management with the economic advantages of skilled Mexican labor, we aim to provide added value to our customers without sacrificing quality
"The core components of our tops, including the interior liner, gelcoat, resin, fiberglass, glass, gas struts for the glass, latches, and weather seals, are all sourced from reputable American companies."

I get it , you have to be competitive to meet a price point but that seems to be worded very specifically to be vague ,lol.

Sourced from American companies that buy from foreign suppliers ?
So designed in the USA , manufactured in Mexico from parts from who knows where would be a more factual statement.

OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Turn Offroad

When can we expect some new photos? Excitement in the air.
We're excited too! The next photos will go up when ordering opens up!

Excellent update. The anticipation of the production photos is too much!
We can't wait either!

Can you tell us how much the wiper, defrost, and washer will cost additionally, and will that be available day one? Didn't get the hard top prep for nothing.

Thanks!
We estimate that the wiper/ defrost/ washer will be an additional $250-300. It will not be available day 1 but we will also have the "kit" available for sale as an upgrade that can be installed after the purchase of the original top. You'll just need to unbolt your original glass and bolt on the new glass with wiper and defrost pre-installed. Expect that Q1 of 2024.

Sponsored

Moose Knuckles

Big Bend
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

bniknar

Big Bend
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey @Turn Offroad - I'm interested in sound reduction: both ambient sound and the irritating air leakage noises around seals, especially at speeds > 40mph. Are their plans to test this (OEM top vs your top) and post decibel metrics?

OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey @Turn Offroad - I'm interested in sound reduction: both ambient sound and the irritating air leakage noises around seals, especially at speeds > 40mph. Are their plans to test this (OEM top vs your top) and post decibel metrics?
Yes we will be testing and publishing the results. We already have our baseline decibel measurements from the oem hardtop 👍🏻

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Turn Offroad

Do you guys have any estimate on production numbers? 5 a month? 10? Curious once shipments start how long it will take based on one's spot in the que.

Txs
Post the queue list in order! :love:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Turn Offroad

Do you guys have any estimate on production numbers? 5 a month? 10? Curious once shipments start how long it will take based on one's spot in the que.

Txs

Our goal is to achieve a production capacity of at least 100 Bronco tops per month once our operations are fully established. However, during the initial months, a more realistic output would be in the range of 40-60 units as we refine our processes to eliminate any inefficiencies. We are actively investing in molds and securing sufficient materials to expedite reaching the target of 100+ units per month.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our goal is to achieve a production capacity of at least 100 Bronco tops per month once our operations are fully established. However, during the initial months, a more realistic output would be in the range of 40-60 units as we refine our processes to eliminate any inefficiencies. We are actively investing in molds and securing sufficient materials to expedite reaching the target of 100+ units per month.
Yes... please, flood the damn market.

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE 1701389998498

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t have a dog in this specific fight, but damn I’d like to know more about Turn Offroad. Well thought out products, very good customer service, established processes, seemingly endless capital. You guys seem to be operating at a different level than the vast majority of vendors catering to Bronco or off road in general. I’ve heard you vaguely claim management with industry experience, but I know many manufacturers with deep “industry experience” that spend the bulk of their days stepping on their own d1ks. There’s something bigger going on there.

Ahhhh, that wasn’t hard to figure out:
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...latform-completes-fifth-add-on-300668701.html

Last edited:

CDUBHTOWN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted BadSas I 911.1 Turbo S I Expy King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe I missed this but is there a kit that needs to be purchased for soft top owners to adopt this hard top? Thx.

OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Maybe I missed this but is there a kit that needs to be purchased for soft top owners to adopt this hard top? Thx.
Nope! The top will come with everything you need.
Sponsored