joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This sounds like a jab at the Granger’s, Stephens, and other dealers on this forum who gave us customers a great deal. They did NOT over promise as Levine said, but rather used the allocation formula that Ford gave them and based their orders on that holding true. Ford changed the rules favoring large dealers last week and cut these dealers allocation by 75%! Ford is the one that stabbed these dealers and their reservation holders in the back!

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s important to keep context in mind.

Ford also watered down the name match policy.

So it’s not about discounts. It’s about Ford not giving a crap about honest dealers.

We all know now that Ford executives are controlled by a collection of the worst dealers.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, but Ford has no obligation whatsoever to dealers who racked up a ton of Bronco orders by going way under invoice. That is a marketing decision by an individual dealership and does not commit Ford to changing the allocation system. Sure, we can whine about looking out for the customer, but it's the individual dealership that promoted the order at that price that made the commitment to that customer, not Ford. Did those dealerships have any evidence that they would actually be able to fill all of those orders or was it wishful thinking? Business, and customer satisfaction, does not run on wishful thinking. This is the real world. Tons of examples in life of when going strictly for the lowest price doesn't work out the best.
Ford rolled out this reservation system to great fanfare, crowing that they had found the best of both worlds between direct sales and the dealership franchise model. Then when big dealers balked because consumers were choosing their reservation dealership based on **gasp** good customer service/communication and fair/transparent pricing, Ford caved and went back to their old ways that had turned off so many consumers over the years. This oozes hypocrisy, because the legacy automakers' response to the success of Tesla's direct sales model has always been "when dealers compete, consumers win". And to their credit, that was actually happening with the Bronco reservation system, until they announced this new allocation formula.

I can't believe that Ford would make Week 1 reservation holders at small dealers wait for years after dealer stock Broncos are widely available off the showroom floor. The PR blowback would be so severe that it could kill the momentum of this 'reservation' model before it even got off the ground. I predict they'll do 'makeup' allocations late in MY '22 to fulfill all the remaining reservations, regardless of dealer. I can wait an extra 6-9 months to save thousands of dollars and support a dealer that actually worked to earn my business.

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m surprised that you hare having a conversation with that goof. I simply asked him why they couldn't figure out how to put power seats in the two door and he blocked me.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny this should be posted. I spoke with Ford yesterday concerning the announced price lock and MY22 ordering. Part of the conversation concerned switching dealerships. I was advised this can be done once the MY 22 orders open up. This led to the Ford rep stating be careful of the dealer you select because even a “ signed agreement” does not prevent the dealership from upcharging“. When I asked how a signed agreement could be negated by the dealership, I was told every vehicle ordered technically is the dealerships vehicle until it is sold to the order holder. Hence, ( wow this may be the first time I used the word hence) the dealer can decide to mark up the vehicle. Personally, I still don’t believe this is legal. However, if my dealer tried this with me and made me pay a mark up over sticker, I might just agree, sign the papers, then drive the Bronco for a few days and then return it for a refund as I am legally allowed to do in the state I reside. Then they’d have a used Bronco with a few hundred miles on it. Would this cost them a few bucks ? Maybe, maybe not, but it would make me feel better.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perhaps I am completely missing the issue, but I don't really understand what the problem is other than maybe a misunderstanding by customers who never knew the allocation system existed.

The dealer allocation system has always been in place, there was no message from Ford that said they were going to suspend the dealer allocation system when they implemented this new reservation system. And they never said that Broncos were going to be built in-order based on your reservation. They have always said that the reservation timestamp plays a factor, but it isn't the only factor.

So I'm not sure why everyone was expected for it turn out differently.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I can’t understand is how a dealer allotment of stock vehicles should affect customer direct orders. I was at a dealer the other day and was told they could not order a Mach 1 because they did not receive an allotment. I get that a small dealer might no get a “ stock” allotment, but how, or more importantly, why would Ford not allow a dearlership to sell a customer an ordered vehicle? Example. Lets say I live right next door to this dealership, but can’t order my Mach 1 from them because Ford won’t let them. So I am forced to drive to another Ford dealer to order a vehicle that Ford sells. How unimaginably stupid is that?

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, but Ford has no obligation whatsoever to dealers who racked up a ton of Bronco orders by going way under invoice. That is a marketing decision by an individual dealership and does not commit Ford to changing the allocation system. Sure, we can whine about looking out for the customer, but it's the individual dealership that promoted the order at that price that made the commitment to that customer, not Ford. Did those dealerships have any evidence that they would actually be able to fill all of those orders or was it wishful thinking? Business, and customer satisfaction, does not run on wishful thinking. This is the real world. Tons of examples in life of when going strictly for the lowest price doesn't work out the best.
How about when Ford said All reservations will be fulfilled before allocation. Why do you not hold Ford accountable to that?

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't get me wrong, Ford wants dealers profitable. Dealers with good cash flow pay their bills and generally are the ones to take on more risk such as facility improvements and deeper parts inventories. They want sustained growth and most of their programs are geared towards this model. I doubt the upper brass enjoys the negative press. For every bad deal on social media there are hundreds of good ones. The bad ones get the attention and sometimes for good reasons. If MSRP was the balance point where dealers and customers were happy, Ford would be just as happy. Happy customers tell more people about their experience, are more value long term to the dealer and Ford and usually buy another Ford product.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What I can’t understand is how a dealer allotment of stock vehicles should affect customer direct orders. I was at a dealer the other day and was told they could not order a Mach 1 because they did not receive an allotment. I get that a small dealer might no get a “ stock” allotment, but how, or more importantly, why would Ford not allow a dearlership to sell a customer an ordered vehicle? Example. Lets say I live right next door to this dealership, but can’t order my Mach 1 from them because Ford won’t let them. So I am forced to drive to another Ford dealer to order a vehicle that Ford sells. How unimaginably stupid is that?
Well it could be these discount dealers have screwed the pooh... yes we have a order here for John Doe.... but in reality is is for Tom Dick that works at the dealership.... that will be sold on the lot...

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford should just eliminate dealers ... direct to consumer is the future .... and for this issue, just throw their allocation formula to the side and just build in timestamp order ... your consumer will always be your money maker
Eliminate dealers.... yea... right.... that way you can do your own warranty work.....

Last edited:

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any idea if Ford frowns upon dealers selling under invoice? I wonder if that has anything to do with the lack of concern?
I am an official geezer. I have never paid sticker in my life. In fact I have never paid anywhere close to sticker in my life. In this case, I will pay sticker due to the vehicle demand and current manufacturing woes.
Sponsored