Sponsored

Two orders, both just got selected. What to do??

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reached out to two dealers in September of 2021 about a build. I sent both a full build sheet. One dealer responded (dealer A) and I placed the order, signed the DORA, paid the deposit. The other dealer (dealer B) never responded.

Fast forward to October of 22 when Ford cracked down on orders going to the person who placed the order and the Dealer B reached out and said that they had placed an order in my name had signed my Dora for me and paid my deposit for me.

I unintentionally had two orders in my name. On October 5th, 2022 the Dealer B order got picked for a 2022 and built on 10/12/2022. It is currently in transit. I have done zero paperwork or anything on this Bronco and the dealer is not local to me.

Today I get an email from Dealer A, my local dealer who I have my official order with, saying my 2023 Bronco is scheduled for December 12, 2023.

What should I do? Wait two months and get a 2023 from my local dealer? or just take the 2022 and let my local dealer sell the 2023??
Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You never know how soon ford will ship a scheduled build. You also don’t know if the out of town dealer is going to play games once you get there. Depending on how far away it is, I’d probably go get the ‘22 but walk if they tried to charge any adm

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I reached out to two dealers in September of 2021 about a build. I sent both a full build sheet. One dealer responded (dealer A) and I placed the order, signed the DORA, paid the deposit. The other dealer (dealer B) never responded.

Fast forward to October of 22 when Ford cracked down on orders going to the person who placed the order and the Dealer B reached out and said that they had placed an order in my name had signed my Dora for me and paid my deposit for me.

I unintentionally had two orders in my name. On October 5th, 2022 the Dealer B order got picked for a 2022 and built on 10/12/2022. It is currently in transit. I have done zero paperwork or anything on this Bronco and the dealer is not local to me.

Today I get an email from Dealer A, my local dealer who I have my official order with, saying my 2023 Bronco is scheduled for December 12, 2023.

What should I do? Wait two months and get a 2023 from my local dealer? or just take the 2022 and let my local dealer sell the 2023??
Are... You... Me?

Watching... 👀

I've contemplated, if it was me, taking the 22, driving it, and then seeing what the 2nd dealer would take the trade in for... If the numbers worked, I'd trade in and take the 23. Fresh model year and fresh miles. 🤷‍♂️

If the numbers didn't work, then check BAT and see what it would flip for... Currently it's still 15k to 20k over MSRP.

Bad thing about 2 or 3 months from now are interest rates... 😭

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you a repeat customer at the local dealer? Are you planning to get it serviced locally? I’m a fan of trying to keep business local unless it’s unreasonable.
that said what’s the deal the local guys are offering? Msrp? $5-10k over msrp.
I’d at least call and talk numbers. If it’s really close I’d stay local especially if the local dealer has a good rep for service.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I get the first one and trade it in or flip it when the 23 comes in. I doubt you'd do worse than break even on a flip.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GreyZ

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You never know how soon ford will ship a scheduled build. You also don’t know if the out of town dealer is going to play games once you get there. Depending on how far away it is, I’d probably go get the ‘22 but walk if they tried to charge any adm
Thats very true about how soon it would actually get built. I have confirmation of DORA price with my local dealer. The Dealer B is on the list of MSRP dealers, but I do not have confirmation of that.

Are... You... Me?

Watching... 👀

I've contemplated, if it was me, taking the 22, driving it, and then seeing what the 2nd dealer would take the trade in for... If the numbers worked, I'd trade in and take the 23. Fresh model year and fresh miles. 🤷‍♂️

If the numbers didn't work, then check BAT and see what it would flip for... Currently it's still 15k to 20k over MSRP.

Bad thing about 2 or 3 months from now are interest rates... 😭
Weird that it happened to both of us. PM me, I wonder if its the same dealership... We are not too far apart.

I thought about trading the 22 for the 23 too. Problem is I have my rate locked in for 90 days right now at 3.5% that I would lose if I traded in the first one on the second one. My CU says I can extend this rate if I need to that should give me long enough to take delivery of the 23.

I am on a few of the FB sell groups and most Badlands are selling for about 5k over MSRP. That would just break even on taxes and I am not sure that headache is worth it.

Are you a repeat customer at the local dealer? Are you planning to get it serviced locally? I’m a fan of trying to keep business local unless it’s unreasonable.
that said what’s the deal the local guys are offering? Msrp? $5-10k over msrp.
I’d at least call and talk numbers. If it’s really close I’d stay local especially if the local dealer has a good rep for service.
Probably not a repeat customer. This is my first dealership purchase, and my current car has 205k miles that I plan on keeping and continuing to drive occasionally. I will most likely not buy another new car for 10+ years.

Dealer A is at DORA price for the 23. Dealer B is unknown for the 22, but most likely at MSRP based on the MSRP dealer thread.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thats very true about how soon it would actually get built. I have confirmation of DORA price with my local dealer. The Dealer B is on the list of MSRP dealers, but I do not have confirmation of that.

Weird that it happened to both of us. PM me, I wonder if its the same dealership... We are not too far apart.

I thought about trading the 22 for the 23 too. Problem is I have my rate locked in for 90 days right now at 3.5% that I would lose if I traded in the first one on the second one. My CU says I can extend this rate if I need to that should give me long enough to take delivery of the 23.

I am on a few of the FB sell groups and most Badlands are selling for about 5k over MSRP. That would just break even on taxes and I am not sure that headache is worth it.

Probably not a repeat customer. This is my first dealership purchase, and my current car has 205k miles that I plan on keeping and continuing to drive occasionally. I will most likely not buy another new car for 10+ years.

Dealer A is at DORA price for the 23. Dealer B is unknown for the 22, but most likely at MSRP based on the MSRP dealer thread.
Check Bring a Trailer... Better to go national and apparently there are dealers there willing to pay 15k to 20k over MSRP, and still try to get more $$$ on top of that!

And as far as my dealer(s)... In SATX.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Consider the model year difference. If you buy the 22... You'll be buying a 22 at the start of the 23 model year.

If something was to happen and you needed to sell or trade, the 22 is already a model year old.

IMHO, get the 23.

OP
OP
GreyZ

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Consider the model year difference. If you buy the 22... You'll be buying a 22 at the start of the 23 model year.

If something was to happen and you needed to sell or trade, the 22 is already a model year old.

IMHO, get the 23.
I think I agree with this. I am leaning this way.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GreyZ

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

‘23 also gets a subwoofer with the basic audio
Deal breaker. I'm sold.

Realistically, I think I am going to go tomorrow to talk to my local Dealer A and let him know whats up. If he wants to work out a deal on trading in the 22 for the 23 I may do that, but otherwise I will likely just wait til January for the 23.

I am inclined to talk to Dealer B and see if he wants to toss me some Ford pass points or anything for walking on the order. I wonder If I can get anything out of him Forging my order in the beginning.

OP
OP
GreyZ

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Cancel the B order and tell them you want "your" deposit back.

OP
OP
GreyZ

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model