Sponsored

U725 2021 MY Ford Bronco Information

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are a lot of misconceptions and silly false truths regarding the Bronco, let's put those to rest.
  • Program Code: U725
  • Job 1 Date is December 2020
  • 2021 Model Year
  • V6, 2.3L Ecoboost
  • 10-Speed Automatic, Getrag Manual
  • FAA/AA1 was reached several months ago, meaning final exterior design was settled on.
  • FDJ/PA was completed by November 2018, meaning final design was frozen for production and now prod. grade in execution.
  • April 2019 are when the first VP1s come off pilot plant, meaning prototypes have been running since May.
  • Launch date is January 2021, possibly Feb 2021
  • Development began in 2015
  • New T6 basis, being developed in Australia. U725 Bronco top-hat in Dearborn, MI
  • Hybrid was called off at the time of this announcement, but got back on deck last spring internally.
  • 2023 MY Raptor Bronco Launch
I am not sure what has been going on with these absurd "news" reports from lazy and obtuse writers, but it is obvious the next F-150 will launch before the Bronco due in January 2021. Off-Road magazine was actually referring to the facelift P558 Super Duty, which will be unveiled soon for MY 2020. That will be replaced by MY 2023 with P708.

The next Ranger (P703), not the latest P375N will use the frame of the new Bronco, in some 33-36 months. The P703 launch is tenative for late 2021-22. That will offer the Ranger Raptor for USDM, the P375N (USDM) was not developed with the Raptor in mind. P703 will be.

What I do know is, a reveal cannot be more than 18 months before market launch in January 2021. You'll not be seeing it without camouflage until next year, but you will start seeing them test soon. (Ditto for P702 F-Series-Spotted May 2019)

The Bronco as of August 2016, had a scheduled start of production date of July 1, 2020. At that time, the P375N had a November 1, 2018 production date. At the 2017 NAIAS press conference, it was highlighted production of the USDM Ranger would begin in late 2018 for introduction "in 2019" and Bronco "in 2020".

Verification prototypes will be completed in April at the pilot plant, but currently U725 parts for prototyping are being procured.

In the end, the 2019.5 Ranger was on time with everything. Sadly the U725 is not on time and so far, about 5 months behind schedule. Production is due to begin in Wayne Michigan, in December 2020. Units will arrive at Ford showrooms starting in January 2021. Launch can reach up to February 2021. Originally launch was supposed to be around Labor Day 2020, after SOP around July 1, 2020. That will not happen anymore, but styling is finally done and no more changes as of November.

****UPDATED IN GREY ON NOVEMBER 2, 2019; UPDATED in RED ON APRIL 2, 2020***
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With all the delays and now Bronco being a 2021 and not a 2020 like was first announced it better be a home run in every category. For Ford loyalists like me its a annoying aggravation but for those who buy any brand they'll move on to something else. I think this more proof that Hackett's reign at Ford is disruptive and destructive.

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Amazing info and the most solid specs yet thanks @Carmaker1! :like: I'm most excited to see that the Bronco is getting the V6 EcoBoost + manual!

Since final design is now settled can you share if the Bronco will have removable top and/or doors? What axles/suspension did they settle on?

OP
OP
Carmaker1

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With all the delays and now Bronco being a 2021 and not a 2020 like was first announced it better be a home run in every category. For Ford loyalists like me its a annoying aggravation but for those who buy any brand they'll move on to something else. I think this more proof that Hackett's reign at Ford is disruptive and destructive.
It was never a 2020 model. Always been for MY 2021, as I mentioned a 5 month delay currently from July to December 2020 start of production. My 4th explained that, as 5 years are needed in total from 2015 to 2020 and it has never been any different. You were never promised a 2020 model year Bronco.

Amazing info and the most solid specs yet thanks @Carmaker1! :like: I'm most excited to see that the Bronco is getting the V6 EcoBoost + manual!

Since final design is now settled can you share if the Bronco will have removable top and/or doors? What axles/suspension did they settle on?
Sorry, I don't think I can share without some trouble coming my way. I have not even seen it face-to-face, but know the program targets and timelines on deck. I'm mostly clearing up some mysteries regarding vagueness with timing. Unlike most upcoming products, both this and the P702 F-150, are not to be talked aesthetically without solid prior approval.

Sponsored

FL Trucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Great to hear it will have V6 and manual. Thank you for all this info it's why I keep checking this forum.

Now all the next Bronco needs is soft/hard removable tops. If Ford is really trying to take on the Wrangler head on, that's the final piece to directly compete. So... are we going to be disappointed Carmaker? :question:

OP
OP
Carmaker1

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Carmaker1 Can you confirm if Ford has considered a V8 or even if one could fit?
No V8, sorry! Shot down as early as 2016. Original T6 can't even fit V6, so that's where the new Bronco comes in,

Great to hear it will have V6 and manual. Thank you for all this info it's why I keep checking this forum.

Now all the next Bronco needs is soft/hard removable tops. If Ford is really trying to take on the Wrangler head on, that's the final piece to directly compete. So... are we going to be disappointed Carmaker? :question:
If you want a V8, yes. Otherwise, no. I think you'll be very pleased. Only problem is you know who as major engineering gets underway, as wisely mentioned by Bronco II. I'm not naming names, so you'll figure out who I mean regarding budgets and cost cutting. :D

Bear in mind, Mark Fields initiated everything BOF post 2014 and wanted this.

Last edited:

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hell ya we're getting the V6 2.7L Ecoboost from the F-150? Is it too much to hope for the 325hp / 400 lb-ft it generates in the 2018 F-150?

Bless you @Carmaker1 :rockon:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • V6, 2.3L Ecoboost
No V8, sorry! Shot down as early as 2016.
Nothing too surprising or revealing there -- though the absence of a v8 would be a significant symbolic disappointment. Even little EBs had V8s. It would be nice to know the manual wasn't just a rumor.

I note that you're still not allowed to tell us which V6 might fit. Considering the current lineup, the weakest would be the 3.3 duratec, and the smallest would be the 2.7 ecoboost. With the 3.0 and 3.5 ecoboosts being a later generation design, and the hybridisation plans to consider, they would seem more desirable as top end offerings given the lack of a V8 and greater potential for up-tuning in performance trims.

Who knows, maybe we'll get wowed with a third gen ecoboost we haven't heard of yet. V configurations do seem longitudinally favorable if you want to jam an electric motor between the block and trans sometimes. Maybe they'll steal a big V-twin out of a motorcycle :cwl:

• New T6 basis, being developed in Australia. U725 Bronco top-hat in Dearborn, MI
The next Ranger (P703), not the latest P375N will use the frame of the new Bronco, in some 33-36 months. The P703 launch is tenative for late 2021-22. That will offer the Ranger Raptor for USDM, the P375N was not developed with the Raptor in mind. P703 will be.
Not surprised by this at all either. The choice to bring a long in the tooth international Ranger to the US stuck me as odd, especially with seemingly very little development efford to update/refresh it. Doing so as a stop gap to avoid losing presence entirely in the midsize truck market still seems risky, if the placeholder flops it will make selling the proper one that much harder in 2021-2.

This would seem to corroborate info coming out of Ford Australia about development of the chassis for the Bronco being done there, and the top hat being done in the US -- and extend that to the Ranger very shortly after the Bronco. It makes me curious if the Ranger might pick up a few design cues from the Bronco as well.

Hopefully it all means that the chassis for the Bronco and Ranger-too will be ready for bigger drivetrain components and better hauling and flexing capability. Not too silly large though, calling these models "midsize" feels like you're being polite to someone wearing pants several sizes too small.

• FAA/AA1 was reached several months ago, meaning final exterior design was settled on.
  • FDJ/PA was completed by November 2018, meaning final design was frozen for production and now prod. grade in execution.
  • April 2019 are when the first VP1s come off pilot plan, meaning spy shots are coming by May.
Off-Road magazine was actually referring to the facelift P558 Super Duty, which will be unveiled soon for MY 2020. That will be replaced by MY 2023 with P708.

What I do know is, a reveal cannot be more than 18 months before market launch in January 2021. You'll not be seeing it without camouflage until next year, but you will start seeing them test soon. (Ditto for P702 F-Series)

The Bronco as of August 2016, had a scheduled start of production date of July 1, 2020. At that time, the P375N had a November 1, 2018 production date.

Verification prototypes will be completed in April at the pilot plant, but currently U725 parts for prototyping are being procured.

Sadly the U725 is not on time and so far, about 5 months behind schedule. Production is due to begin in Wayne Michigan, in December 2020. Units will arrive at Ford showrooms starting in January 2021. Launch can reach up to February 2021. Originally launch was supposed to be around Labor Day 2020, after SOP around July 1, 2020. That will not happen anymore, but styling is finally done and no more changes as of November.
This is quite annoying to know, but again not a surprise. I suppose it really wasn't a coincidence then that some images were available in Las Vegas to get leaked -- maybe we'll get "lucky" and some better ones will get leaked during some presentation for the Escape or whatever "freshest lineup by 2020" model is next.

Having a window for when to expect seeing some design is a slight relief. I literally don't believe my current car will survive the 2 years for a Bronco to come out though.

... Since final design is now settled can you share if the Bronco will have removable top and/or doors? What axles/suspension did they settle on?
Sorry, I don't think I can share without some trouble coming my way. I have not even seen it face-to-face, but know the program targets and timelines on deck. ... Unlike most upcoming products, both this and the P702 F-150, are not to be talked aesthetically without solid prior approval.
I suppose Ford needs to save something for the next leak.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hell ya we're getting the V6 2.7L Ecoboost from the F-150? Is it too much to hope for the 325hp / 400 lb-ft it generates in the 2018 F-150?
Even in the Fusion, which has smaller turbos than the Lincoln (and probably F150)
and definitely a much more restrictive airbox than F150, lightly modded, has
put down numbers like this with these mods (FYI, not MY car)

Ultimate performance vibrant intercooler
Steeda twin cai
Velossa tech big mouth intake
Axle back exhaust
Livernois 160 Tstat
BBK 65mm Throttle-body (on its way)
Livernois 93 tune

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

So it can easily meet those Gross numbers you mention if Ford wants. Unfortunately, even though it can be a monster of a small V6, it does not have the throttle response of the Coyote (and the coyote doesn't have the throttle response of the 80's/90's cable TB V-8's).

Sponsored

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good information, I will just keep running my old 78. With the Raptor currently available and the Ranger Raptor on the way not sure what the market will be for the Bronco. It is entertaining to read and watch this unfold.

FL Trucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No V8, sorry! Shot down as early as 2016. Original T6 can't even fit V6, so that's where the new Bronco comes in,

If you want a V8, yes. Otherwise, no. I think you'll be very pleased. Only problem is you know who as major engineering gets underway, as wisely mentioned by Bronco II. I'm not naming names, so you'll figure out who I mean regarding budgets and cost cutting. :D

Bear in mind, Mark Fields initiated everything BOF post 2014 and wanted this.
I just don't understand that. Are they cutting costs across the board no matter the program? I can understand it if it were programs like Mustang (even if I don't agree with it) since sales of cars are declining but isn't Bronco exactly the type of vehicle (SUV/truck) they wanted to get into for the current and future trajectory of buyer preferences? It sounds like you are saying it currently has a removable top but who knows if Hackett and his management will axe it before production. SMF.

ezrod

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Blazer, Slingshot, Harley Electra glide
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just hope they don't miss the market like the new blazer. it I wanted a Camaro I would of bought one, not the poor excuse of a wimpy front wheel drive 4 door crossover. hell the market it flooded with them. might as well take the flex offroad.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are a lot of misconceptions and silly false truths regarding the Bronco, let's put those to rest.
  • Program Code: U725
  • Job 1 Date is December 2020
  • 2021 Model Year
  • V6, 2.3L Ecoboost
  • April 2019 are when the first VP1s come off pilot plan, meaning spy shots are coming by May.
I am not sure what has been going on with these absurd "news" reports from lazy and obtuse writers, but it is obvious the next F-150 will launch before the Bronco due in January 2021. Off-Road magazine was actually referring to the facelift P558 Super Duty, which will be unveiled soon for MY 2020. That will be replaced by MY 2023 with P708.

The next Ranger (P703), not the latest P375N will use the frame of the new Bronco, in some 33-36 months. The P703 launch is tenative for late 2021-22. That will offer the Ranger Raptor for USDM, the P375N was not developed with the Raptor in mind. P703 will be.

What I do know is, a reveal cannot be more than 18 months before market launch in January 2021. You'll not be seeing it without camouflage until next year, but you will start seeing them test soon. (Ditto for P702 F-Series)

The Bronco as of August 2016, had a scheduled start of production date of July 1, 2020. At that time, the P375N had a November 1, 2018 production date. At the 2017 NAIAS press conference, it was highlighted production of the USDM Ranger would begin in late 2018 for introduction "in 2019" and Bronco "in 2020".

In the end, the 2019.5 Ranger was on time with everything. Sadly the U725 is not on time and so far, about 5 months behind schedule. Production is due to begin in Wayne Michigan, in December 2020. Units will arrive at Ford showrooms starting in January 2021. Launch can reach up to February 2021. Originally launch was supposed to be around Labor Day 2020, after SOP around July 1, 2020. That will not happen anymore, but styling is finally done and no more changes as of November.
Can you comment on the silhouette shape in the Baby Bronco leaked images? Can you confirm this is the body shape/profile of the future Bronco?

OP
OP
Carmaker1

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just don't understand that. Are they cutting costs across the board no matter the program? I can understand it if it were programs like Mustang (even if I don't agree with it) since sales of cars are declining but isn't Bronco exactly the type of vehicle (SUV/truck) they wanted to get into for the current and future trajectory of buyer preferences? It sounds like you are saying it currently has a removable top but who knows if Hackett and his management will axe it before production. SMF.
Yes, that is the case. For Bronco, powertrain choices...well you get it. It's too far along with some aspects now, but I am far from the final authority on such a matter and can't predict what happens before engineering/program sign-off next year. Some things can change indeed, but styling is not one of them anymore...thankfully:D.
Sponsored