First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford just had an update meeting. News for customers is that units that are built and gate released will continue to ship. Also the vehicles on wheels (hold units) will continue to get worked on and released, so some good news for those that have built Broncos.
Sponsored

Bigfx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the demands are fair

At one point we had people working everyday all day with no benefits or safety. Then the 40 hour work week came along and well that’s the new “standard” why couldn’t the 32 hour week do the same. With innovation and increased efficiency across the board and the continual do more with less mantra most management spout off why can people’s time be considered as a more precious commodity. Ford did 5 billion in stock buybacks alone this year and has had similar practices for years. Ceo pay has gone unchecked and the leadership and employee engagement companies used to have had dissolved into posters with stupid slogans and pizza parties.

Stay strong UAW, hope the big 3 buckle bc when they asked the workers too during the 2008 recession the workers did.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
His lunatic EV agenda will bankrupt the company faster than UAW
Ford is losing $3B a year on their EV line. That's $12B over 4 years, assuming no improved economy of scale.

The union's demand adds up to $80B over 4 years. So, actually looks like the Union would bankrupt them about 6 and 2/3rds times faster.

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford will pinch every penny to ensure they have $$$ to pay exorbitant salaries to people who complain all the time…. Go unions making life for the 10% cake as the rest us 90% pay the difference…

The elite minority that siphons productivity from the bottom line that transfers to us.

Unions only serve themselves as the cost to everyone else…. Those fat cats they think that will pay their fare share pass it along to the consumer.
Uaw terms are ridiculous.

No one here should ever complain about price increases if you support this behavior.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thats exactly what I was thinking, they would pick an engine plant. Picking MAP makes no sense. Ford has many storage lots still filled with 1/2 built Bronco's now. All thats been coming out of the plant is a trickle of Bronco's that are completely built..
Dealership inventories are at 60-90 days. There are plenty of cars on the lot unless you want a Bronco, Maverick, or Superduty.

Shutting down F-150 production and Ford wouldn't feel it for a couple months, as the model year comes to an end, and inventories drop, then Ford has less need to put down incentives.

If you are going to do targeted strikes, it makes sense to target a plant with a popular, but low inventory product. So, it's either Bronco or Superduty, because the Mav is built in Mexico.

Sponsored

Big AZ

Badlands
First Name
adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy 150o silverado z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford just had an update meeting. News for customers is that units that are built and gate released will continue to ship. Also the vehicles on wheels (hold units) will continue to get worked on and released, so some good news for those that have built Broncos.
What does gate released mean ?
My unit was built on 9/12

Reactions: jon

Docvasil1

Heritage
First Name
Jihn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ram night edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
My production date was yesterday so will my bronco be built and shipped shortly or will it be delayed now. Any insight is appreciated

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So when they only make Broncos in Mexico or China what will happen to MAP ?

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

His lunatic EV agenda will bankrupt the company faster than UAW
It's not his lunatic EV agenda. There is a changing regulatory environment that the company must prepare for, or should he just cede 14 states worth of sales to Tesla and Rivian.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

\
My production date was yesterday so will my bronco be built and shipped shortly or will it be delayed now. Any insight is appreciated
I don't know, but to you and all those in limbo good luck. It's unfair you have to wait any longer. See post #228 - hopefully you fall under that category

If things line up and the greed dissipates we can all get back to work, including those who had no say in the matter

Sponsored

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is the UAW secretly working with Tesla to get the plant taken over to build more Model Y's? Seems like they are creating a situation that causes them sell the factory to another car company.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does gate released mean ?
My unit was built on 9/12
Released means its done and passed on to shipping, I can't say if yours is or isn't, I know many of my Broncos seem to have time between the production line and released, I assume for stripes and trim, but I'm not certain.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, I don't disagree that they should make a profit. But doing the whole stock buyback thing makes all that cash they used not technically a "profit" when it comes time for profit sharing to be distibuted. Its a way for them to say they made no profit, so it can't be shared with the employees.
Don't you guys have an ESPP? I know Dodd-Frank gutted the value of our ESPP, but most fortune 500 companies still have one.

I know you work at a Ford plant, but let's not forget that the largest shareholder of GM is the UAW.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is losing $3B a year on their EV line. That's $12B over 4 years, assuming no improved economy of scale.

The union's demand adds up to $80B over 4 years. So, actually looks like the Union would bankrupt them about 6 and 2/3rds times faster.
Here’s an EV story for you- my neighbor is an EV battery engineer. He’s neck deep in developing and progressing EV technology and his company works with some or all of the major manufacturers.
He’s bought two new cars since May. Neither is an EV or hybrid. I joked with him “no new EV for you????” He said “that should tell you something……”
Sponsored