swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How is that huge? Spread over 4 years, it's 6.25% per year. Inflation was running around 8% annually recently, and we all know it was A LOT higher than that. The rate the Govt gives excludes food and energy. The real rate of inflation was probably around 50%. Anyone who has bought groceries over the last few years knows that groceries have tripled in price. Gasoline has doubled, automobiles are up at least 50%. Home prices are up at least 50%. A 25% raise spread over 4 years doesn't even keep up with the real cost of living.
It's high simply empirically. Raises never keep up with inflation in periods when it's high. I'd be thrilled with 4% cost of living raises in the current environment.
Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it keeps the money "rolling in" then that money is from complete idiots (so the government and people paying mark ups on Broncos). But I don't understand how people can have such a narrow and uneducated view on economics and electric cars. Buying into a myth to feel good is not a fact nor a sound economic path.
Tesla and the Chinese EV makers will continue to take share from the legacy autos. They will continue to drive cost down. They are the only ones that make money on EVs. EVs are rapidly take auto share globally (2020 4%, 2022 14% and going). Legacy autos are handcuffed by outside suppliers, unions and dealers. Most legacy autos will die. The rest will consolidate just to stay alive.
Agree - there will be consolidation for sure.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

wasn't that Ohio plant a JV and they were making $16 an hour and it went to $20? I could be mistaken but it was not at a regular GM plant.
Correct. Ignorance is bliss

APhysicist

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
LOL. I do not care for GM either, but my super cheap Korean made GM has been great. I don't mean to wear my SJW medals on my chest or anything, but my Chrysler product was made in Mexico and my GM, as I said, was made in Korea. The Fords were made in the people's republic of michigan.
Is that the Chevy Trax?

Sponsored