Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where did you find the remote turn on?
I couldn’t find a remote turn on in the head unit, you have to buy an amp that has a high input harness and “signal sensing turn on” so you can tap in to either right or left kicker panel, (I recommend the newer JVC amps) The kicker panel also gives you your lows. Once you do that the amp should turn on and off with the car. For the highs I put my amp in the trunk and tapped into the rear speakers for my highs. Hope this helps.
Sponsored

Bbaliatico

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I couldn’t find a remote turn on in the head unit, you have to buy an amp that has a high input harness and “signal sensing turn on” so you can tap in to either right or left kicker panel, (I recommend the newer JVC amps) The kicker panel also gives you your lows. Once you do that the amp should turn on and off with the car. For the highs I put my amp in the trunk and tapped into the rear speakers for my highs. Hope this helps.
Appreciate it. I’m looking for a self powered slimline to mount to tailgate door. For rear I am going to do the forscan change and out some 6” in cargo side panels.

Sponsored

Mborkow31

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL / Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Check out MTI Acoustics out of Texas - they have made tons of custom under seat boxes for trucks and now have a few things out for Bronco -

https://www.mtiacoustics.net/ford.html#!/Bronco-Products/c/127527773

That's right, the company that brought you the first made to order truck enclosures and A-Pillars is back with another killer creation! This time for the new Bronco platform.

-----Our MDF enclosure, featuring an industrial-grade, spray-on, textured finish. This extremely rugged high sheen coating allows for easy cleanup after your off-road adventures (or trips to Starbucks).

Features:
-Full MDF construction
1/2" with enough internal bracing to withstand a small hurricane
-3.5" Mounting depth
-0.80cu foot internal volume
-Mounts with OEM hanger points and two nutsert locations (Hardware included)
-Can be purchased standalone, or with a subwoofer (which gets you a 15% discount....ohhhhh yeah)

-----Our HDPE amp rack bolts in to three OEM spots, with our included aluminum hardware for the lower points.

With spacing on the front and back, enjoy a handy spot for your amp(s) and integration pieces or distribution blocks.

Ford Bronco 'Ultimate Stereo Upgrade' Thread amp turn ov
With tailgate mounted sub boxes my primary concerns would be exposure to elements when opening in the rain and rattle. Would appreciate any commentary to alleviate either or both of these concerns.

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With tailgate mounted sub boxes my primary concerns would be exposure to elements when opening in the rain and rattle. Would appreciate any commentary to alleviate either or both of these concerns.
I believe they also said they are working on an enclosure for underneath the floor in the rear. Will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m not as much interested in a sub per se but I am looking to upgrade the factory speakers for a really nice, loud, great sounding audio system. Anyone who has done this have suggestions. It’s been about 15 years since I upgraded a stereo system in a vehicle I have owned since what I have previously owned sounded good enough.

Sponsored

Mborkow31

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL / Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got mine back from the shop. 10" Audison prima subwoofer, Arc audio X2 amp with bass knob mounted in the dash.

Ford Bronco 'Ultimate Stereo Upgrade' Thread 9CB5080E-8C8D-437C-A9B4-4FA6F549ADFD

Ford Bronco 'Ultimate Stereo Upgrade' Thread 9CB5080E-8C8D-437C-A9B4-4FA6F549ADFD

Any chance you have more pics of the box? See the sub and amps ?

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I see a couple of y’all spent some $$ on your systems. Sheesh! LOL. I love em all! I took a cheaper route and went with a Skar bundle. Spent around $500-600 for everything.

Are you screwed directly into the plastic wall there to mount the amp and LOC? I’m installing tomorrow and it’s what I’ve been considering but the plastic seems so thin?

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The JL 13TW5 is what I have. I looked it up after the fact. Im gonna have to look into this when my bronco shows up.
How loud does the 13 TW5 get? Would it be comparable to say to W3 12s?

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More pics posted on MTI's FB page. I hope they don't mind me sharing.

From their FB page - "
Check out this complete Ford Bronco Audio Upgrade by our Mobile Toys Inc. team! This beast got a complete package that started with upgrading front stage to Focal Flax Components using our Bronco Speaker adapters, the rear pods were replaced with our 3D printed Bronco-JK pods outfitted with Focal Flax coaxial. The factory sub was removed and our new Bronco Amp rack was installed with a JL audio VXi 600/6, 800/8 & zen module. For the Subwoofer we used one of our MTI Acoustics Bronco-JK 13tw5 tailgate enclosures. This baby jams and is completely integrated and ready for the trails!"

This upgrade was quoted at $6715.00 in the comments section.

Ford Bronco 'Ultimate Stereo Upgrade' Thread 456A8E35-7E44-4B96-BBF1-0955E9C3CAE9
Ford Bronco 'Ultimate Stereo Upgrade' Thread 72B04A1F-1659-473C-9BF4-906B05F236AC
Ford Bronco 'Ultimate Stereo Upgrade' Thread 519B0E84-4B19-44CA-951B-5E71D17AD3B5
Ford Bronco 'Ultimate Stereo Upgrade' Thread 3D4D1F82-B3E1-4B2F-A284-16C729CF0434
Ford Bronco 'Ultimate Stereo Upgrade' Thread 7056F2C0-F8D1-47E3-B103-1EF37241AC53
Ford Bronco 'Ultimate Stereo Upgrade' Thread 07D8A7C1-9981-4615-9953-8ACC54F0774B

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How loud does the 13 TW5 get? Would it be comparable to say to W3 12s?
Its pretty loud for what it is. I dont know how it would compare to those but I assume 2 12s are going to be a good bit louder due to volume of the speakers themselves. Of course that could depend on how much power youre giving them too. This one does like a lot of power tho. Im pushing it with a JL hd600/1.
Sponsored