Sponsored

Unbelievable....the Wiper Update is ONLY if you're having problems!!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Customer satisfaction program, not a recall.
They can apply any title they wish, but it is a recall to correct the wiper program on model years manufactured during specific time frames. The “ Customer satisfaction program” for the Bronco wiper programming does not state every Bronco has the issue.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They can apply any title they wish, but it is a recall to correct the wiper program on model years manufactured during specific time frames. The “ Customer satisfaction program” for the Bronco wiper programming does not state every Bronco has the issue.
It’s not a recall. Recalls don’t expire. This program does.
And the OPs bronco is affected, the dealership is claiming they don’t need to do it because it’s a customer satisfaction program and isn’t exhibiting the concern.

Last edited:

clarkT

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got it done while in for an oil change. ButI can’t tell any difference. But dealers are unscrupulous… I had the washer sprayer issue twice under warrant, most recently a few miles before 36k (Charged ford for new motor and work) While in for oil change, At 40k, they say it’s not spraying and they tell me 400 to fix it. I say “nope, you did it wrong and should fix under warranty”. They say ford no longer allows that, I haveto sign tons of “safety waivers” since I deny their recommendation. Now, I’m in the Army and there in uniform. The service manager comes up and gives the lady in front of me a credit for having to wait all day. I told him I’d had a 0900 appointment and here it is now 1400, for a oil change and 10 minute “flash”. Nothing said to me. Not even a “sorry”. Anyway, I Get home, pop the fuse box… guess what? THEY removed the fuse to try to upsell me. I’ll be finding a new dealer...

awall987

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJ, '23 2dr BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I took it to the dealer for an oil change and mentioned the letter I got about the wiper issue. A paraphrased response was basically "Hey it's San Diego, you don't need it and we don't do it ". It was raining when she said this, not to mention we have had a lot of rain the past year or two, plus last I checked my Bronco is mobile and can go other places with plenty of rain.

I won't be going back there regardless, over 4hrs after my appt. they said it would be $200 to remove my aftermarket skid plates. At that point I said just give it back to me so I can get out of here. I went to a different dealership a couple weeks later without issue but they never mentioned the wipers and I didn't bother asking (it was pouring that day too). Although they did say they wouldn't charge me for the 5 tire rotation like they normally would. What? 5 tire isn't standard? and is an extra fee?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Finally called local dealer (who sucks) and was told be service rep that it's a customer satisfaction program and ONLY if you're having problems can you get it done....I said, oh, so I wait until I'm in a downpour and they quit working....she didn't even chuckle. Just read off the paper, only if you're having problems. So I guess I'll be forced to lie next time I call.....Ford, YOU ARE STUPID.
Sounds like a dealer-specific thing to me. Switch to a different dealer

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Finally called local dealer (who sucks) and was told be service rep that it's a customer satisfaction program and ONLY if you're having problems can you get it done....I said, oh, so I wait until I'm in a downpour and they quit working....she didn't even chuckle. Just read off the paper, only if you're having problems. So I guess I'll be forced to lie next time I call.....Ford, YOU ARE STUPID.
my dealer contacted me to come in ? we didnt even speak i dropped it off and picked it up later

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Like most retail businesses, Ford dealers vary widely on their service practices and abilities. I have two Ford dealers within 30 miles of my house, I wouldn't ask, let alone trust them to put air in my bicycle tires. Their incompetence is only exceeded by their arrogance. But I've also had great experiences with Ford dealers in other markets. My hunch is the more competitive the market is, the better the dealer has to be in order to survive. This is an area Ford Motor Co. should really work on and ding dealers financially for poor CSI scores or customer complaints. I learned in business, no one expects you to be perfect, but they do expect you to be courteous, respectful and thankful for the business. Solving these dealer issues would go a long way to improving Ford's customer satisfaction scores as well.

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
dealer did it at my last oil change, i never even brought it up. haven't had a problem with the wipers.

Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealership did mine no questions asked

Zstngz

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302, Datsun Z, Merc E350
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got mine done last Friday when I went in for an oil change. Dealer didn't ask me if I was having problems. They just did it. Your Dealer sucks

615_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D BL, SAS, MT, & 2015 F-350 DRW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer done it when they replaced the front pinion seal, before I even knew about the wiper thing.
They didn’t even ask, just done it.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Headsong What dealer did you take it too? I'm in the NW burbs so not to far from you. Last time I went for an oil change they asked me if I wanted it done and I told them maybe next time.

I scheduled an oil change and my dealer asked me if I wanted to told do the wipers, seatbelt and back-up camera updates too so I scheduled them for the same time. No report of an issue required, I think your dealer has it wrong.
This is how my dealer went about it.

Last edited:

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine also asked if I had a problem with my wipers. I said no, so they said it wasn't covered. I then told them my wife had experienced the problem, so they said they'd fix it. Time will tell.
Sponsored