Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know what this is underneath the front skid on my 2023 2.7L badlands ? I was hoping to put one of the rough country hidden winches down there but this is literally right in the place that would go. I haven't seen it on any of the videos I've seen when people remove their Skids. Is this something new for 23'? Any help would be appreciated.

20231204_130918.jpg

20231204_130924.jpg

20231204_130936.jpg
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are a few mentions of it on here.
Quite involved to fit the RC hidden setup on a 2.7.
Not impossible, but not exactly a "I have a free afternoon so let's do this" kind of job either.
Best of my recollection you have to relocate the intercooler mounts, move the pipes, etc.
But I'm not 100% so not going to misquote.
Someone will chime in soon with good details.
Bottom line is what you have is normal for the 2.7, and to go that route is not necessarily going to be neat and easy.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BAUS67 Didn't you change out your intercooler for the Mishimoto to fit a winch?

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, I did. The part the OP is asking about is the trans cooler. It stays were it is. As others have said it is fluid to fluid exchange of heat. You can move it but don't kink the hoses, it won't cool anymore, or burn the trans up. Just uses the air around it dissipate the heat from it. In other words, it does not need to be in the air stream to cool.

Ford Bronco Under Front Skid on 2.7 IMG_0596.JPG

Mishimoto was asked about making a relocation kit for the trans cooler but it is not in the works anytime soon. A fluid to fluid cooler is a bit different animal than an air to air cooler.

I have thought about moving this, maybe just higher if anything, but I too am not concerned yet as I need to get my skids done so I can hit the trails. 😁

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, I did. The part the OP is asking about is the trans cooler. It stays were it is. As others have said it is fluid to fluid exchange of heat. You can move it but don't kink the hoses, it won't cool anymore, or burn the trans up. Just uses the air around it dissipate the heat from it. In other words, it does not need to be in the air stream to cool.

Ford Bronco Under Front Skid on 2.7 IMG_0596.JPG

Mishimoto was asked about making a relocation kit for the trans cooler but it is not in the works anytime soon. A fluid to fluid cooler is a bit different animal than an air to air cooler.

I have thought about moving this, maybe just higher if anything, but I too am not concerned yet as I need to get my skids done so I can hit the trails. 😁
You fabbing up your own? If so, you got a build thread? If not, keep us posted on them. I love DIY stuff.

Got my front bumper done this spring and am going to build my rear bumper, sliders, and trans skid this winter. Right now making a Hi-Lift mount for my Turn Offroad tire carrier.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You fabbing up your own? If so, you got a build thread? If not, keep us posted on them. I love DIY stuff.

Got my front bumper done this spring and am going to build my rear bumper, sliders, and trans skid this winter. Right now making a Hi-Lift mount for my Turn Offroad tire carrier.

Bumpers and slider/steps I just bought cheapies to mod. It has been a slow process as of late. :(

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-baus-bronc.70326/

Ford Bronco Under Front Skid on 2.7 IMG_1592.JPG

Ford Bronco Under Front Skid on 2.7 IMG_1466.JPG

MotoVexGT

Badlands
First Name
Ahnamataeus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RC provides a bracket and instructions to relocate the cooler there. It's a tight fit. I ended up doing it a bit different, but got it in there.

fourdayoff

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands/sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The RC hidden winch mount works with the 2.7. It's a tight fit but all instructions are there. Plan on taking some extra time. I went with the 12000 Lb. I also got with my neighbor and fabricated a gear and rack with a PTO cable for the engage lever and used a wireless controller. I posted on here but can't find it now. Jim.

Sponsored

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My RC Hiddem Winch with a 2.7L went rather well. I did add a disconnect switch in the engine compartment to avoid any potential battery drain issues.
Ford Bronco Under Front Skid on 2.7 IMG_1697

• Love
Reactions: jon

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My RC Hiddem Winch with a 2.7L went rather well. I did add a disconnect switch in the engine compartment to avoid any potential battery drain issues.
Wish I could live in Olivenhain but I do have family there. Next time I am in town let's take some trails around there.

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know what this is underneath the front skid on my 2023 2.7L badlands ? I was hoping to put one of the rough country hidden winches down there but this is literally right in the place that would go. I haven't seen it on any of the videos I've seen when people remove their Skids. Is this something new for 23'? Any help would be appreciated.

Hey @Big Bad Green Machine - like others have mentioned, that is the 2.7L transmission cooler. It us a liquid-to-liquid design and uses coolant to maintain optimum transmission fluid temperatures. It helps to quickly bring transmission fluid up to temp during cold-weather temperatures, while also using coolant to maintain reasonable temperatures in hot-weather climates.

There are companies utilizing our Mishimoto High-Mount Intercooler to help create extra clearance for low mounted winches. Do some searching on the forums and you'll find good options!

- John
Sponsored