First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry you've had to deal with that terrible situation, hope that you can refi and that your Bronco is everything you wanted it to be - even if you have to discover some of the features on your own.
Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And people wonder why folks would rather purchase from Granger, Chapman, or SAC.
People who want to wait years orders from Granger and Chapman as a Ford dealership here in NV and they asking 92,500 for a WT and 99k each for there two 2 door FE and 105k for there 4 door FE and over 75k and over for there other 5 or 6 Broncos so they take advantage as much as any other dealership or more

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dealerships have many ways to show/make profit on a vehicle sale.

1. The obvious: difference between invoice and sell price.
2. The trade-in: When in the business, I was taught to subtract $500-1000 from the actual trade value of a vehicle. That difference is pure profit.
3. Fees: This one is obvious.
4. Financing: The dealer's bank may run your credit and say that you can get 3%. The finance mgr then sells you at 5% interest rate. The bank pays the dealership a certain amount per percent they can bump your APR. Again, pure profit for the dealership.
5. Warranties: You will always see the finance mgr check his book for the price of the extended warranty. That book tells him the actual price of the warranty. He will never show you the book. It may say that his cost is $1500, but he will sell it to you for $2500. Another $1k of pure profit.

This is why I am always suspect of people who think they got over on a dealership. You probably don't even know how the dealership screwed you, much less for how much. I can show you that I am selling the car for $500 under invoice plus giving you all the rebates (which Ford gives them back), but then I hit you for $1500 on your trade and $2000 on financing and warranty. Just an example. I promise, the dealership will NOT lose money on a sale.

Merbronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT viper GTS/Cadillac Escalade/Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Another horrific dealer experience. The only thing I donā€™t understand is why in hell would you give them a 4/5 star review? And then you said it was because they told you to!?!

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should be receiving a customer survey from Ford in another week or two. Really let them have it on that one.

Sponsored

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Geez @Marauder

If I have a bad experience, this may be my only Ford purchase.
This is the issue Ford seems to be blind to. The large amount of long term consumer dislike of Ford that things like the Bronco and Lightning reservation/order fulfillment is causing. They could have built a large vocal enthusiast base saying how great Ford was. What they've done instead is have a lot of people who love the Bronco but really dislike Ford. After buying many Fords I haven't bought one since 2003. The Bronco was going to be what got me back into Fords but if I do get a Bronco, and that's a very big if right now, it's likely to be the only Ford I ever buy again.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You are absolutely right. I just need to get the clear title; which is happening immediately!
They want you to keep their financing for the 3 months to ensure that they get to keep the origination fee. If it's not explicit in the finance contract with the finance company itself, go refinance that thing with your bank of choice. I had mine refinanced within the week with who I originally wanted it through.
Yuck. Definitely refi asap, hit them back how you can.

And drive the wheels off it, it's a blast and will help you get over it.
^^^This, go refinance that thing ASAP. Screw the dealership like they did you. There isn't a thing they can do about it.......
Did you sign an agreement to keep the loan for 3 months? If so what did it state the consequences were if you didnā€™t? Also if not pay off that loan now with the check from your own finance company.
As I stated via a DM, I did exactly this, to the exact same dealership, for the same reason. It was in 2014. I had to wait a week or so for the financing to actually get an account created on the Ford side, then I paid it off with a pre-cut check at my preferred institution and rate. They called me pissed off because they were charged back for the commission on the financing.

I simply stated that two can play games, then hung up with no further discussion and no repercussions.
Fusz and Auffenberg are two local dealer groups that are both pathetic.

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I stated via a DM, I did exactly this, to the exact same dealership, for the same reason. It was in 2014. I had to wait a week or so for the financing to actually get an account created on the Ford side, then I paid it off with a pre-cut check at my preferred institution and rate. They called me pissed off because they were charged back for the commission on the financing.

I simply stated that two can play games, then hung up with no further discussion and no repercussions.
Fusz and Auffenberg are two local dealer groups that are both pathetic.
That sounds very cathartic.

Sponsored

Hot Pepper Diamond

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, what a sad world when buying a 40-70k vehicle is such a demeaning process for some. These dealers are such shitbagsā€¦ I can only see the dealer model going away in years to come and it seems to be a good thing. I know thereā€™s a lot of good dealers but no one should spend this kind of money and still be lead to feel like theyā€™ve been rolled over. So lame.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another horrific dealer experience. The only thing I donā€™t understand is why in hell would you give them a 4/5 star review? And then you said it was because they told you to!?!
Sorry for the confusion. I gave the Dealership a 1/5, the Sales Manager a 1/5, salesperson a 2/5, and the Finance Manager a 4/5.

Last edited:

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately, I am coming to find out that there is nothing like ordering with Lou Fusz Ford. I placed a reservation in july 2020 for a Bronco. I chose Lou Fusz Ford due to my 10+ years of sterling experience with Lou Fusz Kia. I sadly assumed that the Lou Fusz brand was a trust-worthy, well-oiled machine.

In the beginning, I was in communication almost immediately with my assigned sales person (Corey Hughes) regularly. Corey did an outstanding job, answered all my questions with honesty and clarity, and responded timely.

I ended up needing to place two orders with him due to supply chain constraints. However, this was not a troublesome situation because the communication was fantastic, and the constraints were not from the dealership, but rather, Ford production. And then, the Ford sales manager entered into the frayā€¦

I recognized almost immediately that there was going to be a problem. On February 22, 2021, I was asked to make an additional $1500 down-payment for the privilege of selecting the Lou Fusz Ford dealership. As it was explained to me, this would ensure that the customer, me, would not back out of a purchase and impact the dealershipā€™s percentage metrics with Ford to deliver vehicles to reservation holders. I wrote the check, and was committed. In conversations with the sales manager, he made it abundantly clear that he did not care about my commitment; just the $1500.

Orders were due March 19 for 2021 Broncos and the Ford Company incentives that came with them. March 26th arrived with an email from Ford about a commodity constraint impacting my order that would likely push delivery of my July 13, 2020 reservation to potentially september 2021, at the earliest. Again, I reassured Corey that this was not a problem and all was set to proceed as is with the order.

On June 26th, another email from Ford arrived, this time suggesting the constrained commodity would push me to a potential (unknown) 2023 model year at the earliest possible. Since I was no longer taking delivery in 2021, and had no idea when it would occur, I made a request to have some, if not all, of my $1500 returned. Sales Manager Corey Laneman not only declared that he would not do this, but also threatened to cancel my reservation entirely.

I knew then what I know todayā€¦ I should not have trusted this dealership. I was very displeased with the response, since that was no right of his to extort. Not only was he using Ford Company incentives on my reservation to hold me hostage, but he was threatening the prospect of canceling my order with Ford without my consent.

I relented from my request of my funds and communication from anyone at the dealership halted.

October arrived with a new opportunity to place an order for model year 2022 and potentially switch dealerships. After communicating with Corey Hughes, I felt convinced thatI wouldnā€™t have any unsuspected hiccups or additional ADM. Corey took exceptional notes and my confidence was restored. I placed my order with the notion that I would put down a large down payment on my Bronco, and then finance the rest. However, Corey accepted a new position and my sales representative switched to Alondra. Her lack of enthusiasm, knowledge, and communication were shocking. The only reason I discovered my build date and VIN# was through Fordā€™s online resources and customer service. Frankly, any information I uncovered was either from Fordā€™s customer service department, or Ford emails. Any questions I submitted to Alondra were ignored or glossed over.

When I got the build email from Ford on March 17th, I knew we were getting close enough that we could start talking finance rates. I knew my credit score and was ready to get all my ducks in a row for the potential early-to-mid April Delivery. Alondra became very evasive in her communication.

Therefore, I knew then that I should make other financing plans and come to the table approved with the remaining money after my down-payment. I was quickly pre-approved for a great rate (2.49-2.99% depending on the number of months) and all I needed was the official Buyerā€™s Order from Lou Fusz Ford. When I asked thisā€¦ Alondra became a ghost. No one would respond to my request. I explained what was going on to the company backing my loan and they discovered how difficult it was to work with Alondra and Corey Laneman, who avoided calls.

Fortunately, I had contingency plans in case Lou Fusz Ford went full-bore unethical. The delivery of my vehicle was a 5 hour clown-show. Not only was I talked to in a condescending manner in front of my father, who was only there because he didnā€™t want me to be stuck there when all the signs pointed to Lou Fusz Ford acting without my best interests, but I was threatened with losing the right to purchase the Bronco I reserved and waited 632 Days to make delivery on.

They withheld information, refused to show their work, blamed the Ford Motor Company for misleading customers, blatantly disregarded FACTS ON FORDā€™s WEBSITE, and told me how horribly other customers responded to their closing tactics. The arrogance was off the charts!

They even tried to claim information was up to date with obsolete information. Mr Laneman used a document dated January 12, 2021 to justify a Ford rebate for 2021 Guaranteed Pricing, even though I correctly asserted the fact an additional price change, reflected in my February 2, 2021 & March 24th Window Sticker, occurred on February 14, 2022, almost a month and a half before the Delivery Date. I am unsure how Mr. Laneman can deny a rebate from the actual Ford Motor Company.

The Sales Managerā€™s Response was essentially accept it or weā€™ll sell your Bronco for $10K over the asking price to the next customer. I should add that he did verbally claim he could be trusted to call and tell me if the remaining $2K was discovered. No phone call has occurred, and I am sure that it never will occur.

The next topic was the financing. I was capable, but not allowed, to buy the vehicle with my own financing. I had NO DESIRE for the financing being forced from the dealership, and had NO IDEA AT WHAT RATE I had to accept in that moment, because regardless if I had a cashierā€™s check for the full cost, he was not going to sell me the vehicle.

Iā€™d like to add here that prior to my arrival to the dealership on 4/5/2022, I asked Alondra over the phone what form of money should I provide for my down-payment. Her response was they would accept cash, check, cashierā€™s check, but only $3K on credit. So, prior to showing up, I was informed my money was in fact acceptable, but apparently just not to the Sales Manager Cory Laneman (Discriminatory Practice I wonder?).

The story continues with the knowledge I needed to finance with their bank or lose my right as a 2021 Reservation Holder to buy the vehicle I reserved the night of the Ford Bronco Launch, July 13, 2020. I answered questions for a credit query I was well aware was rated Excellent (March 23, 2022 Inquiry for 2.49% Financing through West Community Credit Union), and the Sales Manager soon revealed that not only did I qualify for an egregious rate (6.84%!!!!), but I had to make a minimum of 3-months worth of payments until I could refinance.

When I balkedā€¦ his claims were ā€œwe donā€™t apply ADM like other Dealerships,ā€ ā€œthis is how we make our money,ā€ ā€œI will only make 1% from the interest generated from this loan,ā€ ā€œweā€™ve done business like this for years,ā€ ā€œwhen was the last time you bought a new vehicle,ā€ ā€œgiving you the Regional Ford Saleā€™s Repā€™s contact information will get me fired,ā€ and ā€œwe are philanthropic in St Louis.ā€

It was enough to make my dad bury his face and voice extreme disappointment.

Soā€¦ I included my own personal clauses on the contract and signed after the Sales Manager Corey Laneman initialed on my clauses.

My enthusiasm COMPLETELY VANISHED. I wrapped up in the finance managerā€™s (Bryan Andersonā€™s) office, who I felt was the most genuine person I dealt with during that whole April 5th experience.

I only gave him a 4/5 because he told me how to fill out the survey.

The night culminated with no demonstration of features on a $54K vehicle, and a half-hour excruciating drive home where I ranted to my wife. Since my purchase date, no one from the dealership has reached out to show me any details on my vehicle.

Iā€™ve never understood the expression ā€œthat made me sick to my stomach,ā€ until I found myself buying A RESERVE/ORDERED vehicle from Lou Fusz Ford. I slept so poorly, because I was so upset by how the whole ordeal went that I just kept thinking about what I could or should have done differently.

What I realized was what I could doā€¦ recall it as best as I couldā€¦ ALL OF ITā€¦ and share my truth of the unethical manner in which Lou Fusz Ford conducts their business.

Iā€™m at peace with what happened. I can only hope this helps someone attempting to or going through the process of buying a very expensive asset. Thank you for allowing me to therapeutically release remaining feelings.
Thanks for sharing this unfortunate event. These dealerships are desperate and losing their way. As they grasp for pennies time will deny them dollars. Be grateful you have the faculties to process the actions of such horrible people. Ford is also losing its ways as countless stories such as yours are being shared. Sorry.
Sponsored