Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I prefer the modular bumper for its styling, adjustability, and the recovery points are different allowing me to install my front license plate bracket.

Sponsored

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I kept the Capable bumper on the MY22 build as I expect to change the bumper and figure someone will buy it off me to put on their Base, BB, or OBX

Sponsored

JenB

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep LJ, 2021 4DR Badlands, 2023 DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I prefer the modular bumper for its styling, adjustability, and the recovery points are different allowing me to install my front license plate bracket.
Dumb question…is there a challenge with mounting the front license plate on the capable bumper vs modular? I ended up using zip ties to mount my license plate on my current Jeep winch/bumper which is not optimal. Haven’t ever used the winch (though it looks damn cool) so not anticipating a winch, thus right now I’ve got the capable bumper ordered so I don’t have to mess with adding fog lights later. Granted, license plate placement is not a deal breaker, just interested in what I have to look forward to.

AZBronco73

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands SAS, 2015 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan on adding a winch and do not like the factory add-on for the Mod bumper as it blocks the camera. So I am getting the capable bumper since it has the factory fog light. I will eventually replace the bumper with one that will work with the camera, parking sensors and the ACC of the Lux package.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

its replaceable and not going on my 2022 BL.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ultimately, from a performance perspective: NEITHER are viable bumpers once you take the vehicle off road if you want them to survive any contact.

The "heavy duty" bumper is not "heavy duty" enough to take any abuse. It's thin gauge metal and my guess is that it will fold up into the body while off-roading pretty easily.

Personally the only thing i'm disappointed about being forced to have the "capable" bumper with my Badlands build is the lost income from selling the "heavy duty" bumper to some local with a lower trim level while I buy an actual "heavy duty" bumper "capable" of off-roading. (See what I did there? Yea, that's funny!)

Paying the $575 for "heavy duty" now, won't net that return in selling it off. Bummer.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey Sean! I think it looks fine, just limits your add-ons for fog lights plus extras if you want...
Sponsored