First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I switched from the mod to the capable for my 22 build for the fog lights. I figured I’d change the bumper out with either one.
same here. Not sure if I’ll replace anytime soon but having fogs wired up seems worth the “downgrade” from modular

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I kept the Capable bumper on the MY22 build as I expect to change the bumper and figure someone will buy it off me to put on their Base, BB, or OBX
I’ll buy it for my OBX when and if it comes in.😏

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What, exactly, is the capable bumper capable of doing? Can the bar be added? Why is it called capable? Capable of being metal and having fog lights?

Sponsored

Strong & Free

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy Nova
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford should have sent you an email in October saying your order was updated to a 2022 assuming you converted your reservation to an order previously. It is your responsibility to reach out to your dealer unless you happen to be at a proactive dealer. My understanding is that if you hadn’t converted your reservation, you have to do so online but I could be wrong about that as I had converted my reservation last March.

I updated my order earlier this month with the changes that came with 2022. I’m keeping the capable assuming I’ll change to a more “capable of getting me out of a jam” bumper later!
Hello. I need your help. I ordered my black diamond bronco in July with $1000 deposit and a bill of sale. Now my dealer wants me to come in and reorder a 2022 with an increase of $728. He said Ford is covering the modular bumper but other things have gone up for the 22 amounting to $728. Do they have to honour the original bill of sale? Thank you for your advice in advance.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hello. I need your help. I ordered my black diamond bronco in July with $1000 deposit and a bill of sale. Now my dealer wants me to come in and reorder a 2022 with an increase of $728. He said Ford is covering the modular bumper but other things have gone up for the 22 amounting to $728. Do they have to honour the original bill of sale? Thank you for your advice in advance.
If you had a reservation prior to March 19th, you have price protection from Ford for the model you had reserved or ordered. The options did not increase in price. They did add a manual transmission option to the Sasquatch package which basically added the cost of the automatic to it. They removed the modular bumpers from the BlackDiamond and Badlands and replaced it with the “capable” bumper. The price for the modular bumper upgrade will be refunded to you by a third party after you receive your vehicle but that should not equate to 728. You can check your pricing by looking at the price and biild tool and comparing it to your previous order.

Good luck.

orange_methodology

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's also footage of the capable bumper in the world premier from last year.
While the modular bumper is shown, the capable bumper is heavily featured.

MRuby

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There’s multiple ways one could attach a license plate to both bumpers (especially once you include zip ties =] ). However the mount I got from Fishbone Offroad fits directly to a shackle point like on the mod bumper versus what the d-shackles are connected to on the capable bumper
I bought the Fishbone shackle license plate holder. I did plenty of cursing trying to get it to work on the bronco shackle. Unless you are handy and have a few tools I wouldn't recommend this assembly. They need to make one for the Bronco, this is a Jeep accessory.
Ford Bronco Up-Close Pics: 2022 Capable Front Bumper License plate

Last edited:

Sponsored

dvdmnhn

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I bought the Fishbone shackle license plate holder. I did plenty of cursing trying to get it to work on the bronco shackle. Unless you are handy and have a few tools I wouldn't recommend this assembly. They need to make one for the Bronco, this is a Jeep accessory.
Ford Bronco Up-Close Pics: 2022 Capable Front Bumper License plate
I bought the same one and waiting for it to come in tomorrow, what were the issues you had installing it?

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I like the bumper but don’t like how the OP didn’t stow the shackles before taking the pictures
:)

MRuby

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought the same one and waiting for it to come in tomorrow, what were the issues you had installing it?
Had to drill a hole because it is built for vertical shackle, not horizontal. The spacer isn't the right size. I tried a couple of things and then eventually just left it off. Put the bolt in from the bottom, nut on the top. Didn't have deep enough socket the other way and couldn't get socket on the top. I wanted to mount it on the end to center it closer, but it wouldn't fit in the bumper cut out area that way. I'm concerned it is going to eventually come loose. We'll see.
Ford Bronco Up-Close Pics: 2022 Capable Front Bumper shackle 1
Ford Bronco Up-Close Pics: 2022 Capable Front Bumper shackle 2

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So... I didn't notice any screw holes on top of the "capable" bumper. Will there be a way to attach a small light bar on top?

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anybody found an aftermarket Mfr that has a license plate bracket answer for capable bumper yet? I’ve tried searching the forums but nothing jumps out yet tho apologies if I missed it.
Sponsored