Sponsored

UPDATE: After 2 years of waiting and only a week left, I think I'm going to pass on the Bronco

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you like the F-150 as a daily driver, then let the Bronco go.

Personally, I'd reather drive a Bronco as a dialy, and have a 20 year old F-250 or F-150 Long bed as a 3rd vehicle for "truck stuff"
Sponsored

RalBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not that I care whether or not you get your bronco, but I don’t know where all of this “not a good daily driver” stuff comes from. I’ve been daily-ing mine for a week and it drives great on the road.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like how there is people telling you to buy and if you decide to sell it you make money on it but they are the same ones who say they won't pay over MSRP .I think the used car market well go down and with so many people trying to flip Broncos you won't get back what you well put into if you wanted to sell it .

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well said Indio22. This Bronco was built to be the ultimate off roader with good on road manners and great handling. If you don't off road, or don't plan to or want to, you shouldn't buy this Bronco. I just went to the Bronco Off Rodeo in Austin and was blown away by it's capabilities. Even the non-sasquatch trucks did great, although a few more scrapes and hang-ups. If all you're ever going to do is daily drive it then don't buy it, you'll be disappointed because you'll be comparing it to your Expedition or Tahoe, or even F-150. But if you're on the fence, and you want to off-road, go to an off-roadeo, and you'll be sold.
Not true. I bought a BL SAS and will likely never off-road it. I need something that can comfortably transport a few dogs, I don't want another pickup and I don't like soccer mom SUVs. The Bronco is the best fit since I sold my Hummer.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know where you are at as I have been through the same thing. Pretty much had given up, bought a daily driver was going to opt out as I had a nice 4 X 4 pick up and the Bronco would not be a good daily driver and not as functional as the pick up. But same as you when I got the production line photo I got really excited again. But with another E Mail stating delays, down again. Then when I got the shipped E Mail, more excited. Then when my dealer said it would take a month to get it, with possible hold ups in rail kind of down again. A week later it came in. When I saw it, it was done had to have it. After quite a debate I traded in my much more functional pick up. But the pick up was not a daily driver (due to the gas prices) and so the Bronco is not either. But both my wife and I love the Bronco. It's a garage queen right now but when I retire in 2 years, it will be my daily driver, to go fishing, etc. When I don't have a stupid long commute to work. And we will use it on vacations. My wife is completely hooked on it after attending the Bronco Off Rodeo, knowing what it is capable of. With my wife loving it, we will keep it forever and split the gas wherever we go.

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not true. I bought a BL SAS and will likely never off-road it. I need something that can comfortably transport a few dogs, I don't want another pickup and I don't like soccer mom SUVs. The Bronco is the best fit since I sold my Hummer.
Exactly. The Bronco is a great daily driver, if it meets your passenger & load needs. Nasty terrain capabilities are just a cherry on top then.

To the OP: I get the concern with rising interest, but as a reservation holder, your price protections are a golden ticket in this market. I didn't catch whether you are still in the market for a new vehicle, Bronco or not, but the guarteed MSRP is a pro for the Bronco.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We reserved within 24 hours of the reservations opening and we were so excited for the Bronco. But a lot has changed in 2 years. We've made other vehicle choices and kind of moved on. When our bronco was finally scheduled to be built, I got excited again. Excited enough to basically plan on spending $61,000 on an off-roader, even with interest rates having increased. But the used market is starting to cool off in my town and honestly, the Bronco isn't really good at any of the things I want in a daily driver. It's just effing awesome. But even though I'm crazy excited about this and I've been waiting forever, I don't think that's a good justification for making a kind of bad decision.

Of course, with how long it is taking to get here, maybe I'll change my mind 9 more times. But I think I'm going to pass.
BTW, I use my Bronco as a daily driver and then commute 750 (375 each way) miles or more every weekend. It is a super comfortable way to spend 6 hours in a vehicle.

The only real downside, is at an average speed of 75 MPH, it will only manage 22 MPG (which was better than my F-150 and far less fatiguing).

However, if you found something that fits your needs and life better, knock yourself out. It is however an excellent daily driver.

EDIT: As far as noise goes, once you add a little rubber for wind noise suppression, my F-150 isn't really any quieter inside.

Last edited:

BCA

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explore Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We reserved within 24 hours of the reservations opening and we were so excited for the Bronco. But a lot has changed in 2 years. We've made other vehicle choices and kind of moved on. When our bronco was finally scheduled to be built, I got excited again. Excited enough to basically plan on spending $61,000 on an off-roader, even with interest rates having increased. But the used market is starting to cool off in my town and honestly, the Bronco isn't really good at any of the things I want in a daily driver. It's just effing awesome. But even though I'm crazy excited about this and I've been waiting forever, I don't think that's a good justification for making a kind of bad decision.

Of course, with how long it is taking to get here, maybe I'll change my mind 9 more times. But I think I'm going to pass.
I have also road the emotional roller coaster for the last two year. i will finally pick up my Bronco Thursday and it’s hard to get excited again after so many let downs. Maybe it will change when I am driving it home

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To the OP,

Ford has pretty much sucked all the excitement out of the Bronco So I can understand you saying the heck with it.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised you're such a Ford person with how screwed over this whole Bronco thing is.

With that said, and just a suggestion, don't give your dealer any sort of heads up. When your Bronco is delivered, go test drive it. If at that point, you still feel like it's not for you, show your apprehension to the dealer, and ask him if they'd be interested in taking it off your hands?

I mean you have so many Fords, that I would think between cash, accessories, maintenance, there should be something in there that the dealer would offer you to walk.

But I totally get where you are coming from.

Sponsored

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Unless the cost of the Bronco will force your household to eat moldy bread twice a day, and only turn the heat on in February, you should take delivery. I have no idea how old you are, but heed this advice. You will regret not buying the Bronco the rest of your days. If you buy it, and after a spell it truly is unmanageable, then you can sell. Otherwise, before you know it, you will be on your death bed at the nursing home thinking about how you could of had a Bronco. Besides, every other vehicle that posses an iota of “ fun” cost the same if not more. We only get a one time ride on this planet, and that ride flies by. Enjoy life, and take delivery of the Bronco.
I second this! My Bronco is my daily driver. I have a big bend with a 2" lift and 35" tires and have been averaging around 17mpg in the 4 days I've had it. It's honestly not terrible considering my 4Runner got 19. I'm hoping to see some improvement as well I break her in. I can't imagine a better car and I am SO happy. YOLO!

OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not that I care whether or not you get your bronco, but I don’t know where all of this “not a good daily driver” stuff comes from. I’ve been daily-ing mine for a week and it drives great on the road.
everything is relative. The Wildtrak will probably average less MPG than my truck, which currently averages around 20 MPG in mixed driving. It isn’t as safe as my truck. It isn’t as quiet. It doesn’t have cooled seats. The visibility isn’t as good.

and that is compared to a pickup. I’m sure it is a fine daily driver, but it’s not what I would call a “good” daily driver compared to all the other options out there. I have solar on my house and I’m a very early reservation holder on the Lightning. And so when I say that the bronco isn’t really great at what I need, I mean it isn’t really better than my truck or the Lightning when it comes to that, or the host of $60,000 alternatives.

But the bronco is better at a lot of other stuff. Plus it’s bad ass and sexy

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP, I waited from day 2 until March 22 for my 4dr OB Sas. Got anxious almost thought about canceling but i did not and have No regrets. I have other vehicles. If it isn’t a financial decision to cancel due to other priorities, go to a dealer that has one sitting and get a test drive, or find someone on forum who lives in your area that might let you take it theirs for a spin. Then make your decision. The Broncos are going to be strong sellers for a while (even if economy goes soft) there just aren’t that many out yet and there are people that want them that have the means.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
everything is relative. The Wildtrak will probably average less MPG than my truck, which currently averages around 20 MPG in mixed driving. It isn’t as safe as my truck. It isn’t as quiet. It doesn’t have cooled seats. The visibility isn’t as good.

and that is compared to a pickup. I’m sure it is a fine daily driver, but it’s not what I would call a “good” daily driver compared to all the other options out there. I have solar on my house and I’m a very early reservation holder on the Lightning. And so when I say that the bronco isn’t really great at what I need, I mean it isn’t really better than my truck or the Lightning when it comes to that, or the host of $60,000 alternatives.

But the bronco is better at a lot of other stuff. Plus it’s bad ass and sexy
One thought I had is how much would you be getting in price protection? I originally ordered my Bronco in January of 2021. It is finally scheduled to be built. I think I'll be getting somewhere between $2500 and $3000 in price protection (mostly because of the $2000 increase this year on the Badlands). The dealer must sell to the original order holder for Ford to reimburse the dealer for the price protection (which should be passed on to the customer).

This could give you a bit of a cushion if you are on the fence (it doesn't seem like you are) about passing on the Bronco.

OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is it easier to get a lightning than a bronco?

Jason

No, a Lightning is much more difficult to get at this point. But I reserved within minutes of the reservations going live on the Lightning and according to my dealer, I should be in good shape to get a Lightning in early 2023. I missed the 2022 cut, but so did almost everyone.
Sponsored