Sponsored

Update: No resolution in sight for wrecked Bronco, over three months later.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

July 20: Close to six months in, still in the body shop while I see posts online of people who ordered a Bronco after my wreck and have received them. I could have done the same if the insurer had declared mine a total loss.

Sure, part of the delay is the delay in parts coming, as is the rule for everyone. But time and again, the shop--which had never worked on one of these before--failed to order necessary parts on the front end and at points since them, then realized it, and ordered them mid-way. So, it's been one several-weeks delay after another.

And it's still possible the insurer could call this one "totaled" after all this time, in which case I'm screwed big.

Meanwhile, I have made six payments on the Bronco, all based on the loan amount for a brand-new vehicle.
Mine was rearended 4 days old. March and still waiting on parts. 7k in damage so far. No idea when it will be right again. Sucks I know. I should be thankful it’s drivable just not weather tight so I have to watch for rain.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

July 20: Close to six months in, still in the body shop while I see posts online of people who ordered a Bronco after my wreck and have received them. I could have done the same if the insurer had declared mine a total loss.

Sure, part of the delay is the delay in parts coming, as is the rule for everyone. But time and again, the shop--which had never worked on one of these before--failed to order necessary parts on the front end and at points since them, then realized it, and ordered them mid-way. So, it's been one several-weeks delay after another.

And it's still possible the insurer could call this one "totaled" after all this time, in which case I'm screwed big.

Meanwhile, I have made six payments on the Bronco, all based on the loan amount for a brand-new vehicle. Two of those payments I've made since being laid off of my job. No job, no Bronco.
At this rate the order banks are going to open back up. You might as well order another one.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A tree limb fell on the hood of mine on the third day I owned it. Put several dings/dents on the hood. I filed an insurance claim but never ended up taking it to the shop, because I didn't want to have to wait to drive it again.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to need to put this thread on "ignore", the anxiety of thinking about this when I get my Bronco is too much! 😬😵

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At this rate the order banks are going to open back up. You might as well order another one.
Sadly, I won't go that route. Not going to wait months again for any vehicle. I'd probably get a Gladiator. That's if I'm even able. If the Bronco isn't totaled out and is just repaired, as they are doing, its value will be so diminished (wrecked with airbags deployed), I won't be able to even sell it for enough to pay off the note. If I get it back and it's not right, or even if it is, I'm stuck driving a janky jalopy and making new-car payments for a few years.

Sponsored

WarringEagle

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry to hear about all your issues LordBronco.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sadly, I won't go that route. Not going to wait months again for any vehicle. I'd probably get a Gladiator. That's if I'm even able. If the Bronco isn't totaled out and is just repaired, as they are doing, its value will be so diminished (wrecked with airbags deployed), I won't be able to even sell it for enough to pay off the note. If I get it back and it's not right, or even if it is, I'm stuck driving a janky jalopy and making new-car payments for a few years.
Geeze,they putthat rebuilt across the title I assume? Shows up on car fax… Most people wont touch that unless its severely discounted. Hopefully its totalled .. best case scenario

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Finally got it back, two days ago, almost seven months since the accident. Have not noticed any issues so far. I can't describe the joy I felt upon pulling out of the shop lot and driving back to the office.

I grinned the whole way and felt EXACTLY like Gator when he got out of prison and first drove the souped-up LTD the feds provided him.

Three hours later, a woman ran a red light and nea T-boned me but braked in time.

Ford Bronco Update: No resolution in sight for wrecked Bronco, over three months later. BEB24FE6-B07A-4523-8C94-317F05C95EB2

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gotta say I’ve been impressed with how little damage front end collisions seem to take on in a Bronco, from a passenger perspective that is. Last thread was a deer at 70, and damage didn’t seem to travel very far.
Sponsored