Sponsored

Update: No resolution in sight for wrecked Bronco, over three months later.

Hot Pepper Diamond

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is another pisser. I won't get the actual market value. And even if I did, just on principal I am opposed to paying that much.

If it is totaled I will just say goodbye to the greatest most joy-enabling vehicle I've ever had and which I've obsessed over for almost two years. And I'll get a Jeep or something else far inferior than a Bronco.
I hate that this happened to you but your logic seems off to me… if you pay for insurance and actually have to use that insurance claim… get what you want, what you had.

If it made you that happy… then get another at whatever cost that you can get from insurance. Insurance companies screws folks over way too often, I would never feel bad about using their funds to overpay on something I had loved and enjoyed.
Sponsored

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is another pisser. I won't get the actual market value. And even if I did, just on principal I am opposed to paying that much.

If it is totaled I will just say goodbye to the greatest most joy-enabling vehicle I've ever had and which I've obsessed over for almost two years. And I'll get a Jeep or something else far inferior than a Bronco.
Wait, so you won't buy one of the most enjoyable vehicles you're ever owned off the lot because you won't use the insurance company's money to pay a dealer ADM? Because.... principles? You have some weird priorities.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Shit luck my dude, I have stress dreams about this weekly - so you have my sympathy.

How is the insurance handling all of this?
you know - I had a rare car at one point - I sold it after a year because driving in DC was giving me stress that it would get wrecked or scratched. I realized that a car should not create more stress, so just drive it to appreciate it for what it is when you have it. If it causes stress - get rid of it.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait, so you won't buy one of the most enjoyable vehicles you're ever owned off the lot because you won't use the insurance company's money to pay a dealer ADM? Because.... principles? You have some weird priorities.
Not what I said. Fuck the insurance company. My principles are that I refuse to pay a dealer $25k over MSRP using ANYONE's money. Also, newsflash: insurance ain't paying some fantasy actual current market value with ADM.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Response, finally, from adjuster is dogshit:

A0A1CC6C-973E-4346-9A19-990C80467FB9.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't want a "repaired" brand-new truck with frame damage--not when I'm paying out the ass on a note for a new car.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When I went through my shitshow with the ADM last October, to get more or less the same vehicle (sans towing and PPF, but adding Modular bumper) with a hard top, is looking at roughly 7 months for a production date with a hopeful delivery date in May or so.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I said I could see down the lane far enough that there were no cars, and any beyond that if driving at or below the speed limit would not be an issue as they would not arrive to hit me. He was speeding like a teenage in what he thinks is a completely empty lane all the way to the next intersection, never considering anyone may try to turn. I still shouldn't have tried the turn. Many factors, culminating in my poor decision to turn at all. No coffee at home, kids late leaving house causing me to be running late after dropoff to work and in need of coffee in a hurry since almost nobody else works in the actual office now except me and making a giant pot of coffee there isn't reasonable, nor would I have time to, and so on. But I was the one behind the wheel.

I am the biggest critic of other drivers and their stupid moves. Turns out, I am also capable of mistakes. Should not have relied on the idea that nobody would be hauling ass such that they would appear out of nowhere. And this one has destroyed the front of my Bronco.
Sorry about your truck - and I am glad everyone is OK.
I do not think speed is relevant in this discussion, especially since you cannot prove how fast they were going. You made a left turn. The kid was in a legal lane, it does not matter what their motive was - either to go straight or turn left. What did the police report say for who the at-fault driver was ? Also as far as negotiating with the insurance company, they will be less likely to work with you if you are found at fault. I think the proper lesson and method for that left turn would be to, start the turn when the nicehole waved you through, then pause and look before entering the adjoining blind lane.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, my dumb fault. But I have insurance and they are flaking on their obligation.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not what I said. Fuck the insurance company. My principles are that I refuse to pay a dealer $25k over MSRP using ANYONE's money. Also, newsflash: insurance ain't paying some fantasy actual current market value with ADM.
Not the case for me. I had a Redeye Challenger stolen a few months ago. I paid $69k for the car two years ago, insurance paid me today’s replacement value of $85k. Hope you get a similar experience. Best of luck.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Never mind. Shop owner just called and clarified, after talking with Ford. The frame is not damaged. The damaged part is a frame extension used on Broncos and F-150s, which the bumper mounts to. They can just replace it, and the part will be here by Thursday.

It slides into the end of the frame piece and is welded. They just will cut off the damaged one and slide the new one in.

VDPHB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, now that Ford has cut off new orders, I'm pretty much fucked.

It probably actually is a total loss as originally predicted by the adjuster. But now I can't order a new one. The adjuster apparently left the company in early February, and they didn't bother to tell me, which explains why he hasn't answered any of my emails or calls. Now waiting for the new adjuster to call me back.
Not sure what state you're in, but check your Department of Insurance regulations for responding to first party insureds. It's often 5-10 working days.

While not your new adjuster's responsibility, it could be worth mentioning that you are willing to file a DOI complaint over their lack of response and ask for additional loss of use or rental reimbursement.

Insurance companies generally hate having to respond to DOI complaint inquiries.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While I would rather have a new-condition Bronco, at least apparently the frame is not damaged, and it appears that unless they really screw up, having it repaired is the best option right now. And probably the only option.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While I would rather have a new-condition Bronco, at least apparently the frame is not damaged, and it appears that unless they really screw up, having it repaired is the best option right now. And probably the only option.
I think this is your best option right now. Obviously, you're probably all out of patience, but that's the only path you have. I'd take the repaired Bronco and live my life, at least you'll still have that beautiful AMB color so many aren't able to get. Enjoy the heck out of it and chalk it up to a learning experience dealing with backed up traffic (which I hate and don't care to deal with). Good luck getting it back quickly.
Sponsored