Sponsored

Update: No resolution in sight for wrecked Bronco, over three months later.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was freeing in an odd way. Perfection was no longer the standard
Sane here with a previous vehicle.
After purchase, I began to suspect a wreck had occurred.... just found a clue here or there.
10 years, 100k miles, never had an issue.

However, my concern with this story is the $17k repair estimate.
I'd definitely have a second shop work one up just to compare.

You dont want low ball work.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, now that Ford has cut off new orders, I'm pretty much fucked.

It probably actually is a total loss as originally predicted by the adjuster. But now I can't order a new one. The adjuster apparently left the company in early February, and they didn't bother to tell me, which explains why he hasn't answered any of my emails or calls. Now waiting for the new adjuster to call me back.

Last edited:

st3v

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe you can buy back the salvage title Bronco for cheap and get it fixed cheap?

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Holy shit! Six weeks after they did their estimate, the shop says (only after I called them to check in) that they just realized there is frame damage. They said they have a call in to Ford to see how to fix. Noooooope. Total it.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Am I the only one that cares about the poor WJ? Joking. Hope you can get something done

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Holy shit! Six weeks after they did their estimate, the shop says (only after I called them to check in) that they just realized there is frame damage. They said they have a call in to Ford to see how to fix. Noooooope. Total it.
Jeez... They just realized this, after getting a quote on repairs and looking over the vehicle to write-up said quote? Yikes. Sorry you're going through all this. I hope the situation gets better at some point soon.

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you’re willing to wait 1 yr+ or pay ADM for dealer lot stocks, you should probably total it. But frame damage is not something that can’t be repaired back to OEM specs.
If you total it, your car will probably end up at the auction and it’s gonna be somebody’s treasure lol.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you’re willing to wait 1 yr+ or pay ADM for dealer lot stocks, you should probably total it. But frame damage is not something that can’t be repaired back to OEM specs.
If you total it, your car will probably end up at the auction and it’s gonna be somebody’s treasure lol.
Nah, not me. I'm not paying a new car note on a truck that'a had frame damage "fixed." Total it so I at least can pay it off and give up on my Bronco joy and get something to drive besides this fucking rental Malibu.

Sponsored

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cant believe you are being jerked around like this. I feel so bad that you are in this situation. Accidents are accidents and thats what insurance is for… but you should definitely get on them about totaling it out and make sure they know what the cost to replace it is RIGHT NOW is. Off the lot. Maybe you will get some actual help and theyll give you enough to get one immediately rather than waiting for order banks to open. Or enough for a good bit toward that Gladiator you mentioned. Either way, im hoping it works out! Keep updating here as id love to see how it goes

Snake Plissken

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most likely you are in for a long wait; essentially you have to start at the back of the line and 2022 orders are closed. Maybe they can fix yours. I think that's your best bet.

TulsaGas

Black Diamond
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nah, not me. I'm not paying a new car note on a truck that'a had frame damage "fixed." Total it so I at least can pay it off and give up on my Bronco joy and get something to drive besides this fucking rental Malibu.
Considering the wait times for not high demand vehicles being repaired at body shops right now, probably a blessing in disguise.

Meanwhile, I’m still waiting on my over one year old bronco order, and have resorted to also having a wrangler on order.

My current vehicle has been in the shop for over a month for some minor repairs I incurred while avoiding a red light runner.

There are other vehicles at shops in my area that have been waiting for over half of the year for minor plastic trim pieces. No ETA‘s.

st3v

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If it’s totaled they should give you market rate which includes ADM. Then you can buy one off the lot.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it’s totaled they should give you market rate which includes ADM. Then you can buy one off the lot.
That is another pisser. I won't get the actual market value. And even if I did, just on principal I am opposed to paying that much.

If it is totaled I will just say goodbye to the greatest most joy-enabling vehicle I've ever had and which I've obsessed over for almost two years. And I'll get a Jeep or something else far inferior than a Bronco.
Sponsored