Sponsored

Update: No resolution in sight for wrecked Bronco, over three months later.

MrWindowsAZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013/2018 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Heavily trafficked road of businesses and schools. Traffic backed up in one lane (in lane you need to be in t go to the high school) and someone let me through to turn left. Teenagers in empty next lane were hauling ass, to try to bypass the trafficked lane and sneak in up the road, I guess. Never saw them.
Were either of you cited? I had a similar experience many eons ago when I worked for O'Reilly Auto Parts. Since I was crossing traffic it was determined I was at fault, I think maybe failure to yield. O'Reilly terminated me the next day as company policy. I learned to never do that ever again. Sucks about that beautiful AMB though, but as others have said, a very good shop will pull it out and replace what they need to. It can drive again just as it was, although now that the cherry has been popped you may never look at her the same...
Sponsored

awmunc90

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did the side airbags go off? That's almost automatic total, if so.
The insurance cares about one thing, minimizing their cost. If it's more costly for them to repair and give you loaner, etc. then they'll total it. If it's cheaper to rebuild from the ground up, they'll do that. Can't imagine they care about anything else.

As for side airbags, my 2021 AMB got t-boned (pic below) on December 23rd and side airbags went off on *both* sides. Not totaled and looks like ~$20K repair job. Hoping to get it back soon, but apparently seat covers are the gating issue from a parts perspective...

IMG_2950.jpeg

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update: Finally got call back from adjuster and answered their questions and described damaged areas. They haven't looked at photos or examined it yet, but after I got off the phone, I immediately looked at my claim on their app and see this:

Ford Bronco Update: No resolution in sight for wrecked Bronco, over three months later. C2200AAA-A116-40EC-BC1D-A4ED4B180ACC

So, if it does turn out to be an official total, if start from scratch and order a 2022, how long should I expect to wait?

I waited over a year for mine and got it at the end of July. So, I haven't kept close watch on timelines and constraint items since then. Any short bullet points much appreciated for this sad Bronco "owner."

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And I loved mine so much, it will be the exact same build, but will have to be a different color.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update: Finally got call back from adjuster and answered their questions and described damaged areas. They haven't looked at photos or examined it yet, but after I got off the phone, I immediately looked at my claim on their app and see this:

Ford Bronco Update: No resolution in sight for wrecked Bronco, over three months later. C2200AAA-A116-40EC-BC1D-A4ED4B180ACC

So, if it does turn out to be an official total, if start from scratch and order a 2022, how long should I expect to wait?

I waited over a year for mine and got it at the end of July. So, I haven't kept close watch on timelines and constraint items since then. Any short bullet points much appreciated for this sad Bronco "owner."
Bump. I am just about sick contemplating another year wait.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Brutal.

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bump. I am just about sick contemplating another year wait.
I have same build as yours, just a different color. It’s all about what dealer you pick to see if they have the allocation. I put my order in 1/5 and got a build date on 1/20 so there is hope for you if you order a ‘22!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

its definitely toast with the airbags deployed, not even close. A new Bronco is in your future again.

Nolabel

Wildtrak
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sucks about your bronco. Sorry.

Good reminder to everyone to always be super cautious when someone is waving you in… they’re only speaking for themselves… It’s still imperative to make sure the path is clear and safe before you go.
I was always taught to not make room to let someone go across traffic. Not to be a dick but instead not to set someone up. That is a very common accident situation.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel your pain. Had what I thought was a minor fender bender back at the end of October. No air bags, just pushed in the bumper. Turns out they have to replace the entire frame but my insurance company didn't total it. A little over $30k in damage to make it new again. So here she sits 4 months later waiting for Ford to replace the frame. Good luck.

IMG_7008.jpg

20220124_175826.jpg

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was always taught to not make room to let someone go across traffic. Not to be a dick but instead not to set someone up. That is a very common accident situation.
Same reason why I was taught never to stop and let a pedestrian cross outside of a crosswalk.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Soft top non-Squatch - about the only thing that would stop your order is if you need the 7-pin tow package harness.

I’d guess you could order tomorrow and have a second bronco delivered relatively quickly.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update:

Though the insurance company initially said it was "predicted" to be a total loss, the body shop says they can fix it for $17k. On one hand, I'd been hoping it can be fixed, so I wouldn't have to start over, but on the other hand, I started liking the idea of a fresh start with an un-crashed Bronco. If they truly can fix it back to 100%, cool.

One thing I'm sure they haven't checked (yet) in their initial look (they just got it in yesterday) is whether there is any gear/transmission damage. I am concerned about that, since it was a front impact while in gear. It isn't driveable right now because the radiator was bashed in and all the fluid flooded out at the scene, so obviously they have no way to know whether there are shifting issues.

Guy said as far as he can tell at first look, there is no frame damage. Said the brackets holding the bumper onto the frame are bent, but the steel bumper seems to have absorbed most of the brunt at that level, and most of the impact was above.

I guess if I get it back and it does have problems or is janky in any way, I could order a new one and sell mine before it comes. Even after repaired, considering the current going rates for un-crashed-and-repaired 2021 Broncos, I probably could get at least what I paid for it.

Anyway, my advice is DON'T CRASH.

Ford Bronco Update: No resolution in sight for wrecked Bronco, over three months later. broncocrashed

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
hope you had gap insurance
Sponsored