Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I called the dealer, and the rear soft panel part is $308. I also ordered some Plexus on Amazon. I likely will try rubbing alcohol this evening to remove the adhesive, followed by Plexus (arrives Thursday) to clear the scratches. If the result isn’t satisfactory, I’ll order a new panel.

And when I said I took the soft windows off until I figure something out, it wasn’t to be a “martyr,” as someone suggested, by riding in the cold. It’s because I was getting nowhere trying to remove the adhesive in the cold temp, so I put them indoors to warm until I have time to try again. I’m also not going to ride around with ugly masking tape, which would probably leave more adhesive on vinyl windows, on my new Bronco. The cold air doesn’t bother me, since i have the front glass windows up, so I’m not being a martyr. But I’d like to solve this before it rains later this week. It looks cooler anyway with the soft top on and rear panels off, and with a coat on and the front windows up it is quite nice. But don’t want to run it in the rain a lot that way.

Thanks for all the other suggestions.

Edit to add: Same friend who did the sticker prank drunkenly ran his trailer all over the rear side panel of my wife’s Tahoe in his driveway two years ago on Christmas Eve. He is no longer allowed within 100 yards of our vehicles.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Downside is you’re missing out on all those $20’s from strangers.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Downside is you’re missing out on all those $20’s from strangers.
No, I just prefer not to be so loud about it. Prefer to recruit clients on the DL on CraigsList. I separate my Bronco fun from work.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Friends like that.....

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would turn the window of to your "buddy" and have him try to remove the sticker. That way if it gets further f'd up the cost of the new window is on him and he doesn't have the ability to say you didn't try hard enough or you intentionally ruined the window.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would turn the window of to your "buddy" and have him try to remove the sticker. That way if it gets further f'd up the cost of the new window is on him and he doesn't have the ability to say you didn't try hard enough or you intentionally ruined the window.
No, not going to put it in the hands of someone who thought a sticker was removable from vinyl in the first place and who didn’t know wiping grime around in a vinyl window with his shirt sleeve was a bad idea.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Edit to add: Same friend who did the sticker prank drunkenly ran his trailer all over the rear side panel of my wife’s Tahoe in his driveway two years ago on Christmas Eve. He is no longer allowed within 100 yards of our vehicles.
yeah, I had a friend like that too... or should I say x-friend.

Idk where you are in life, but you said you have kids, at some point tolerance for that shit just isn't worth it.

anyway, good luck with the repair! Hope it works out.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, that sticker is a little embarrassing (also pretty funny but not when its your own Bronco, I get it), but idk that its worth driving around without the back panel in winter!

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dude, take a breath and relax. It's going to be ok. You'll either get it or or get a new one.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There is a long post where his friend put a gay for pay sticker on his window and it left an adhesive mess "behind." We give advise on how to remove the mess.

Reactions: JPG

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called the dealer, and the rear soft panel part is $308. I also ordered some Plexus on Amazon. I likely will try rubbing alcohol this evening to remove the adhesive, followed by Plexus (arrives Thursday) to clear the scratches. If the result isn’t satisfactory, I’ll order a new panel.

And when I said I took the soft windows off until I figure something out, it wasn’t to be a “martyr,” as someone suggested, by riding in the cold. It’s because I was getting nowhere trying to remove the adhesive in the cold temp, so I put them indoors to warm until I have time to try again. I’m also not going to ride around with ugly masking tape, which would probably leave more adhesive on vinyl windows, on my new Bronco. The cold air doesn’t bother me, since i have the front glass windows up, so I’m not being a martyr. But I’d like to solve this before it rains later this week. It looks cooler anyway with the soft top on and rear panels off, and with a coat on and the front windows up it is quite nice. But don’t want to run it in the rain a lot that way.

Thanks for all the other suggestions.

Sounds like what you need is a better quality of friends.