The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE
Took some photos with shine/protectant on the trim. Also took a microfiber and wiped the top in hopes of cutting some of the sheen. I think it’s dang near identical, I’m very happy with it.

Today is the day that Turn Offroad is making good on their promises. And boy did they deliver!

So, I went over this morning for a very straightforward process of install. Took maybe 45 minutes, got the quick rundown. Todd and crew are solid people, and truly care about the community. My first Turn purchase, and won’t be my last. Nice to have them local! Side note, make sure you go see them at KOH if you attend.

Anyways, the part you are all here for.. the hardtop. Yes, it is hard, yes, it is a top, but it’s so much more!
First impressions, the quality of fitment seems tight and edges are clean. Texture is like a rhino liner, with a sheen/gloss as we’ve seen in photos. It is a bit shinier than typical right now because of a UV protectant they spray/wipe. It really matches up well with the black trim of the Bronco, much better than the MIC color, in my opinion.
The headliner is typical auto/marine type carpet. It covers everything, which I like. Much better quality than the factory headliner. Coming from a softtop, the ambient sound has greatly reduced, naturally, but there is something else that I wasn’t quite expecting to happen. Rigidity. The ride has improved, it no longer shakes when hitting bumps or potholes. It is sturdy, the large rear piece and one piece front has really tightened it all up. Some people may have thought about this before when looking at one piece tops, I never really considered the fact it would improve my ride quality, but it’s certainly a nice bonus!

Took a few quick pics. Let me know if you want any more details or photos!! As of now, absolutely worth the money. And lifetime warranty, giving me peace of mind as an early adopter.

Tight seams around window/trim
IMG_7388.jpeg

Rear side window and hardware(badge can be peeled off, there will be plenty of options to customize.)
IMG_7387.jpeg

Hooks are easy to work with, adjustable.
IMG_7386.jpeg

Clean ceiling, sound deadening is good quality and aplenty.
IMG_7384.jpeg

More of the rug for your viewing pleasure.
IMG_7377.jpeg

Profile in the sun
IMG_7372.jpeg

Quartering shot in shade
IMG_7373.jpeg

Hooked up, 4 mounting points.
IMG_7385.jpeg

Side profile in shade
IMG_7389.jpeg

Rear window. Spray and wiper assembly coming soon.
IMG_7390.jpeg

Quartering shot in sun
IMG_7391.jpeg

Profile to show slant of rear window.
IMG_7392.jpeg

Another quartering in shade. The fit is tight between front and read, hard to tell it’s a 2-piece
IMG_7393.jpeg

Did I say TIGHT?!
IMG_7394.jpeg

IMG_7395.jpeg

As mentioned, carpet everywhere!
IMG_7379.jpeg

Backside of the metal mounting points for roof rack or other mods.
IMG_7378.jpeg

I like the metal hinges. They feel and look high-quality
IMG_7375.jpeg

NEW PHOTOS TO SHOW SHINE/PROTECTANT ON TRIM AND HOW IT MATCHES THE TOP
Ford Bronco UPDATE: Photos to show color match of top/trim.  My Turn Offroad Hardtop: Pics and Initial Impressions. IMG_7410

Ford Bronco UPDATE: Photos to show color match of top/trim.  My Turn Offroad Hardtop: Pics and Initial Impressions. IMG_7407

Ford Bronco UPDATE: Photos to show color match of top/trim.  My Turn Offroad Hardtop: Pics and Initial Impressions. IMG_7408

Ford Bronco UPDATE: Photos to show color match of top/trim.  My Turn Offroad Hardtop: Pics and Initial Impressions. IMG_7409

Ford Bronco UPDATE: Photos to show color match of top/trim.  My Turn Offroad Hardtop: Pics and Initial Impressions. IMG_7411

Ford Bronco UPDATE: Photos to show color match of top/trim.  My Turn Offroad Hardtop: Pics and Initial Impressions. IMG_7406
Sponsored

Last edited:

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks solid. Thanks for the quick turnaround on pics, I assume this post will get a lot of likes! 😎

The only real blemish IMO is the badge on the side. There's a reason I don't consider DV8 for a lot of things. I think they've indicated a delete option in the future, which is good, but that's really my biggest complaint from what I can see.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Awesome review! One positive thing I wasn't expecting was the vertical rubber seal as shown in your pic (attached). The OEM MIC top doesn't have a seal here at all!

IMG_7395.jpeg

OP
OP
FlyingBronco

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks solid. Thanks for the quick turnaround on picks, I assume this post will get a lot of likes! 😎

The only real blemish IMO is the badge on the side. There's a reason I don't consider DV8 for a lot of things. I think they've indicated a delete option in the future, which is good, but that's really my biggest complaint from what I can see.
Agreed, the badge is prominent. But they said it’ll be customizable with things like Sasquatch or whatever else you can think up. I am intrigued to see what comes out. Smoked out USA flag, or colored, would be a nice touch. I could probably peel it off now but I don’t know what is under it. If it’s just the hardtop material, I may remove it.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed, the badge is prominent. But they said it’ll be customizable with things like Sasquatch or whatever else you can think up. I am intrigued to see what comes out. Smoked out USA flag, or colored, would be a nice touch. I could probably peel it off now but I don’t know what is under it. If it’s just the hardtop material, I may remove it.
@StickerFab to the rescue? lol :whistle:

OP
OP
FlyingBronco

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome review! One positive thing I wasn't expecting was the vertical rubber seal as shown in your pic (attached). The OEM MIC top doesn't have a seal here at all!

Ford Bronco UPDATE: Photos to show color match of top/trim.  My Turn Offroad Hardtop: Pics and Initial Impressions. IMG_7395
I didn’t know that. I’ve seen quite a few MIC tops and I always noticed inconsistencies of fit/finish.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great except for the badge and that shiny shlt sprayed all over it. The latches look a little cheesy. But I’d take one in a heartbeat. Post some pics after the spray is washed off if it does.

OP
OP
FlyingBronco

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great except for the badge and that shiny shlt sprayed all over it. The latches look a little cheesy. But I’d take one in a heartbeat. Post some pics after the spray is washed off if it does.
Once the spray comes off, I bet it’ll be very close in shade to the factory trim. Latches aren’t as bad in person, they are functional, easy to work with and seem like they’ll hold up over time.

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

It would be nice if nothing was under it and it was molded level with the rest of the surface.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FlyingBronco

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be nice if nothing was under it and it was molded level with the rest of the surface.
Agreed, doesn’t leave much room for a full “delete.”

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow, the top looks great! I have seen more and more about turn off road products, I have there baja bull bar and the quality is great and the customer support is top notch, the main reason I plan to find more things from them to purchase. I hope they do well with this top, it is priced pretty well and sounds like turn around time is much better than other companies selling tops, so that is in favor of them. Thanks for sharing! 🍻

And that sticker on the side is a easy spot to make a custom decal that you would prefer!

Last edited: