Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I tried to go from window top to window edge, same as your picture. Wow TOR got it much tighter than OEM. Tight all the way around. And having a solid middle to rear should help with wind, squeaks, and rigidity. Thanks for the early pics. Can't wait for mine on Monday!

PhotoGrid_1706053876180.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
FlyingBronco

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a dang nice looking top. Waiting (im)patiently for my ADV.
I saw their prototypes a few months back. Seems like they will be really nice. Worth the additional coin? Hard to tell right now but the exterior finish and rubber seals were top notch. Hard to gauge much else with it being on the floor. I will say it looks like they didnā€™t cheap out on it.

OP
OP
FlyingBronco

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I tried to go from window top to window edge, same as your picture. Wow TOR got it much tighter than OEM. Tight all the way around. And having a solid middle to rear should help with wind, squeaks, and rigidity. Thanks for the early pics. Can't wait for mine on Monday!

Thatā€™s a great comparison photo! Enjoy your top, you wonā€™t be disappointed!

Iā€™m curious to hear how different the ride/sound quality is between the two tops.

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

It looks nice on your vehicle.

I just went to their site and watched the install video. It makes me wonder why Ford engineers couldnā€™t come up with something comparable.

My next question is, can the ā€œtarga topā€ be taken off with roof rails on like the stock split panels can?

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 BaseSAS / ā€˜21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Canā€™t wait to order mine. Thankful I didnā€™t jump on the ADV or Armadillo top hype. GG Turn šŸ‘šŸ»

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The latches look a little cheesy.
I was privy to an email exchange between a friend,
(err well, an internet acquaintance , err, well, he seems like a pretty decent guy for a Canadian ;))
and TOR about the latches ..... anyways .... rest of story.

They have been using those latches for a long time now on their Jeep tops with much success. They have a pretty stout strength rating, and quite simply, they get the job done and have been doing that job for YEARS without issue.

As noted by others, they apparently look better in person than they do in pics.

focaloca95

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Ram, 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love the fastback-ish angle on the back

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I rushed out to take a picture of mine for this thread but you beat me to it.

I will say after looking at it the OEM just now... it honestly doesnā€™t seem like they made any attempt to seal that spot on the OEM top. As if they purposefully left it there for drainage. If water gets into that seal between the back shell and the middle panel, it needs somewhere to go and that gap is where it would go.

Meanwhile the Turn Offroad top doesn't have a separate middle panel, so there is no need for drainage in that spot.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome review! One positive thing I wasn't expecting was the vertical rubber seal as shown in your pic (attached). The OEM MIC top doesn't have a seal here at all!

Ford Bronco UPDATE: Photos to show color match of top/trim.  My Turn Offroad Hardtop: Pics and Initial Impressions. PhotoGrid_1706053876180
I put a piece of weather stripping there myself on my hardtop. Never really did any tests to see how much of a difference it made, but there's not much wind noise when you sit in the back and it looks better with it installed IMO.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thats a great-looking top. It came out very well. I do not mind the logo, but it seems it will be easy to redo, or cover if people want to.

Congrats.

Sponsored

EgreenBadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My main question is if the rain pours in the window like it does with the soft top.

Skott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks solid. Thanks for the quick turnaround on pics, I assume this post will get a lot of likes! šŸ˜Ž

The only real blemish IMO is the badge on the side. There's a reason I don't consider DV8 for a lot of things. I think they've indicated a delete option in the future, which is good, but that's really my biggest complaint from what I can see.
Agreed. I don't put bumper stickers on my vehicles, I don't have license plate frames with the dealership name, I don't have dealership stickers on my vehicles, I don't have rear window family stick figure stickers, etc. I don't want logos, saying, writing, endorsements on my vehicle.

I would however pay for a black sticker to permanently cover this companies logo.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Meanwhile the competitor's customers looking for some sort of update, video, or some semblance of a physical product for their 2 year old paid in full deposit like:

giphy.gif

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I just hope itā€™s not too tight for the aftermarket rain gutters I added. Theyā€™ve worked pretty well with my MIC and bestop, so hopefully that continues.