First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll put the tweeters in the dash and 6.5s in the kick panels the the 4s in the pods. I may build my own pods and put a coaxial 6.5 in them. The sub is powered and puts out 20 watts per channel to the speakers. Has a built in equalizer that you access from a phone or laptop. I may end up running everything thru an audio control line converter if the pod speakers don't perk up with the alpine sub/amplifier. I've used Alpine since the early 80s and never had a bit of trouble.

Screenshot_20211222-172959_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20211222-173045_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20211222-173130_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Why not using coaxial on the kick panels and the 4s on the dash as well?

I've watched a youtube video where they had issues using coaxial on the rear pods that is taller than the speaker. Apparently the space in the pods is not deep enough to using this kind of coaxial that are not flushed.

I was about to buy the S-S40 (two pairs) until I saw that video. Now, with the issue the rear channels are heavily restricted to low ends, don't know anymore if it's worth to replace those speaker with something as good as those from Alpine.

Sponsored

kreuselh

Wildtrak
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150 lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What I'm doing is pretty much the same set up in my 19MY F150 SC and it sounds pretty good.

kreuselh

Wildtrak
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150 lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As mentioned earlier, if the pods are restricted too much, I'll run the front signal to a audio control line out convertor (probably us a dq-61 that I have) and control the pods with the output level on the loc.

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Infinity Reference 4"s in dash and rear pods, Infinity BassLink Mini in rear (concealed underneath home build leveling platform).

4" speakers: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R4032CM/Infinity-Reference-REF-4032cfx.html?tp=102

BassLink Mini: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108BASSLMI/Infinity-BassLink-Mini.html?tp=114

The addition of those alone is lightyears ahead of the OEM system. I tried the 6.5 Infinity Reference in the kick panels and they just cant handle mid's despite all my best efforts. I've put sound dampening everywhere which helps specifically with audio but additionally for road noise.
Did you have any issues installing the 4" speakers? According to Crutchfield they don't fit.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have any issues installing the 4" speakers? According to Crutchfield they don't fit.
I had to clip the tabs off the Infinity speaker frame. After that they fit perfectly, an added 3-5 minutes of work but they definitely fit.

Sponsored

Scsoren

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Infinity Reference 4"s in dash and rear pods, Infinity BassLink Mini in rear (concealed underneath home build leveling platform).

4" speakers: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R4032CM/Infinity-Reference-REF-4032cfx.html?tp=102

BassLink Mini: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108BASSLMI/Infinity-BassLink-Mini.html?tp=114

The addition of those alone is lightyears ahead of the OEM system. I tried the 6.5 Infinity Reference in the kick panels and they just cant handle mid's despite all my best efforts. I've put sound dampening everywhere which helps specifically with audio but additionally for road noise.
I’m wanting to put the same speakers in the dash and pods, just waiting on the right harness. Did you have to use any kind of bass blockers?

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m wanting to put the same speakers in the dash and pods, just waiting on the right harness. Did you have to use any kind of bass blockers?
I did in the dash. The rears are already on some sort of filter from the headunit but it's night and day with/without for the dash speakers.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
JUST ordered a pair of Polk DB402's, 4" two ways (comes with properly sized caps).
And they're weather resistant.
Waiting for someone to figure out how to unlock the rear pods FFS!
How long before Kicker or Rockford Fosgate, etc... comes out with a replacement pod?
EDIT: I know you don't know the answer to that...I'm thinking it's gonna happen pretty fast.

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How long before Kicker or Rockford Fosgate, etc... comes out with a replacement pod?
EDIT: I know you don't know the answer to that...I'm thinking it's gonna happen pretty fast.
Kinda pointless if the audio is high-passed from the headunit.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do a search.... Seriously, like that's a helpful response.

Replaced the front speakers (left, right, & center) with Morel Maximo 402 Ultra Coax Mk II, kick panel speakers are Morel Maximo 602 Ultra Coax Mk II, and the rear speakers (left and right pods) are Morel Maximo 4" Ultra Coax. Yes, I am happy with them!

Mborkow31

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL / Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Me too...Another one of those "wait and see" and be patient (for me anyway) things. I am sure Crutchfield is going to, or may already be, doing a deep dive into the Bronco sound system. Some of the members on here have replaced their speakers with a quality speaker and not gotten the results they were looking for. The rear speakers are ripe for a sweet upgrade that wont completely block your rear vision. I look for Kicker or someone like that to step up here.
I’m far from a car audio expert but my opinion on upgrading factory systems has always been to do it all the way or don’t do it at all. I’m getting the standard 6 speaker system and will be replacing all speakers and adding an amp with DSP either built in or a separate DSP. Everything I’ve read is that DSP is key when working with a factory head unit. I’ll also be adding a powered sub of some sort. I know we have a ton of DYI’ers here, sadly I’m not one of them. I’ll be consulting with a local/reputable custom installer and paying for all installation work. I won’t be going high end by any means, but expect to spend about $2k -$2,500 on equipment plus whatever installation costs. I’ll start my own thread once I take delivery and start the project. One can certainly spend a couple hundred bucks on replacement speakers and call it a day - but don’t expect miracles.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Replaced the front speakers (left, right, & center) with Morel Maximo 402 Ultra Coax Mk II, kick panel speakers are Morel Maximo 602 Ultra Coax Mk II, and the rear speakers (left and right pods) are Morel Maximo 4" Ultra Coax. Yes, I am happy with them!
Are you getting full range sound from the pods? Since the Bronco is so new I am waiting for a reputable company like Crutchfield to dig into the system. I never said you weren't happy. I have read on here where some people just replaced the speakers and were not pleased with the results. I'm glad yours turned out great. Morel makes some kickass speakers. Didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers!

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love your posts and thoughts on these forums you are someone that just gets it and thanks for always helping out forum members
Sponsored