Sponsored

Use for the door latch push/pull "lock" button?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's the most plausible reasoning yet. That or what Silver-bolt mentioned that it is required for certain vehicles..

What piqued my curiosity is that neither my Edge or Ranger have the redundant manual/electronic lock feature (just electric) but the Bronco does. The owner's manual glossing over it just made me want to know more as to why. My intention wasn't to p*ss anyone off and I apologize if anyone finds this useless or trivial:)
I'm fairly certain that there actually is a mechanical unlock on those vehicles... it's just tied to the interior door handle.

We owned a Ford Fusion that had no separate door lock tab thingy, but pulling the door handle had the same effect to mechanically unlock the door, and disengage the latch, in the same motion.

Having a mechanical means is important since it's conceivable you could be in an accident that severs the electrical system in the vehicle. Without a means to disengage a lock mechanically, you'd be trapped inside of the vehicle.

(Could also be important if say, you lock your keys in a car and the battery is dead... etc)
Sponsored