First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor, 08 Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So, my Wildtrak just got finished being built and waiting on it to ship to the dealer but was asked by my best friend would I be interested in a used raptor? I haven't thought about it at all just because a new raptor is $20k or more higher than my loaded 24 Wildtrak. He is a GM at a dealership locally and said he has noticed the auction pricing has started coming down on all broncos including the raptor. Only drawback would be that I've bought a lot of parts already for the Widltrak, some of which won't work on the raptor. Are there any big issues with the 22 vs 23? Definitely thinking about going with the raptor. TIA
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
TBH, unless I knew everything about how the Raptor was used and a chance to go over it with a fine toothed comb I'd have to pass. Even then you're already approaching the the 3yr bumper to bumper warranty expiration w/ only 3yr (or less depending on mileage) left on the power train warranty.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think there are enough fixes/changes done that I would be looking at 23 at a minimum specially for the price your going to have to pay. 23s are going to skew the market price wise when its jumped MSRP 20k in one year.

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I will not comment on the money/fiscal aspect of the deal. However, as a current owner of a 2021 2DR 2.7 SAS and a 2023 Braptor, I love them both, but they are like night and day. The Braptor is a different animal entirely. The Braptor is more of a Raptor, than a Bronco (Raptor owners will understand that). People who say a Braptor is not worth the extra $$ over a loaded Bronco clearly don't own a Braptor. Get the Braptor and return the parts you got. My 2 cents.

Last edited:

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I will not comment on the money/fiscal aspect of the deal. However, as a current owner of a 2021 2DR 2.7 SAS and a 2023 Braptor, I love them both, both they are like night and day. The Braptor is a different animal entirely. The Braptor is more of a Raptor, than a Bronco (Raptor owners will understand that). People who say a Braptor is not worth the extra $$ over a loaded Bronco clearly don't own a Braptor. Get the Braptor and return the parts you got. My 2 cents.

I totally agree..... I have a 12' raptor and My 22' Braptor is very competitive performance wise.

I don't believe there is a lot of difference between the 22' and the 23' although I can flash tune mine and the 23' and newer cannot (livernoise tune as an example)
If you can get a good deal on it go for it..... it's way different than the regular Bronco.

Sponsored

tasman

Wildtrak
First Name
Tal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had early wildtrak. Traded for 2022 raptor. Would not go back!

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting.

When I purchased my Bronco, the BRaptor was just getting on the scene and was still marked up considerably. Now with prices coming down, it may be worth the look. The BRaptor is truly a different animal, and worth looking at. I have gone all in on my Badlands, so I would not go that route now, with the mods in my sig, there would not be a reason to do so.

Where you stand though is a much different position. It may be worth the look. If it has the package that you want, then the deal may be worth going for if the price is right.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I will be spending the same money on my Heritage Limited as a Braptor would have cost me.

Because of my purpose. Mine will absolutely blow the doors off the Braptor in the twisty tiny little logging roads and rock crawling and slow speed trails that I run. I will have about 19 inches of clearance. That is my use for my vehicle.

The Braptor will absolutely blow my doors off when it comes to bombing the desert and High speed trail running.

If you are just running it on the street... get the Braptor. It all depends on what you are going to use it for.

OP
OP
Sean6365

Sean6365

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the replies, I don’t plan on doing a lot of crawling, I like high speed trailing for sure. I’ve been taking to my friend about what he saw today at the auction, he said a lot of broncos there with great prices.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I will not comment on the money/fiscal aspect of the deal. However, as a current owner of a 2021 2DR 2.7 SAS and a 2023 Braptor, I love them both, but they are like night and day. The Braptor is a different animal entirely. The Braptor is more of a Raptor, than a Bronco (Raptor owners will understand that). People who say a Braptor is not worth the extra $$ over a loaded Bronco clearly don't own a Braptor. Get the Braptor and return the parts you got. My 2 cents.
^ 100%
I had an early ‘21 Badlands 4 door Sasquatch and recently got my ‘23 Braptor and they are incredibly different vehicles.

The only downside that I have found (aside from MPG) is that the Braptor cannot wheel some of the tighter trails here in the northeast.

I will be spending the same money on my Heritage Limited as a Braptor would have cost me.

Because of my purpose. Mine will absolutely blow the doors off the Braptor in the twisty tiny little logging roads and rock crawling and slow speed trails that I run. I will have about 19 inches of clearance. That is my use for my vehicle.

The Braptor will absolutely blow my doors off when it comes to bombing the desert and High speed trail running.

If you are just running it on the street... get the Braptor. It all depends on what you are going to use it for.
And, traded my ‘21 Badlands for a Heritage Limited but I think it’s too pretty to wheel hard…

(and not to be a douche but, the Heritage LE was $15k less than the Braptor)

Tl:dr Get the Braptor - you will NOT be disappointed!

Sponsored

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco/Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Unless they are willing to sell it at close to the 2022 model year price or below, you are better off with a 23 or 24. Minimal differences between all 3 years besides price and issues with first-round Braptors off the line. Almost all new 23s can be found for under MSRP, and I have watched used ones sell for considerably less (an every option 23 with 5k miles sold for 79k nearby). It was an early build date in 23 so its base price started at 73k, and sticker was around 81k. The same vehicle in December of 23 would have cost around 100k. The new 24s have some nice new aesthetic options, and the lux package is standard.
As someone said, the prices are skewed because of the 20k increase over 18 months and they have produced enough that the "commodity" effect is diminished for people with throw away money.

I went from a 4dr BB 2.3l SAS to my Braptor. Incomparable.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

^ 100%
I had an early ‘21 Badlands 4 door Sasquatch and recently got my ‘23 Braptor and they are incredibly different vehicles.

The only downside that I have found (aside from MPG) is that the Braptor cannot wheel some of the tighter trails here in the northeast.

And, traded my ‘21 Badlands for a Heritage Limited but I think it’s too pretty to wheel hard…

(and not to be a douche but, the Heritage LE was $15k less than the Braptor)

Tl:dr Get the Braptor - you will NOT be disappointed!
That was not the price differential when I purchased mine.... 75 vs 125.... ADM was a factor. In fact a Raptor STILL has a relatively small ADM in my area. Today you will still pay 100

ThatWilsonGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Raptor | 23' BL SAS | Sport FE (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I totally agree..... I have a 12' raptor and My 22' Braptor is very competitive performance wise.

I don't believe there is a lot of difference between the 22' and the 23' although I can flash tune mine and the 23' and newer cannot (livernoise tune as an example)
If you can get a good deal on it go for it..... it's way different than the regular Bronco.

Just another person with both. A 2dr BL SAS and Braptor, the Braptor is worth it but not necessary to get most of what is great about Broncos.

If I could only have one it would be the Raptor and I've always been a 2dr Jeep owner with the expectation I wouldn't own a 4dr Bronco.

Stevdug

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 base bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sold my 22 base base back in Nov. and just bought a very low mileage late build 22 Raptor. I watched prices over the holidays just tank but jumped when I found one semi local I could easily see before I bought, and drive home. I'm still watching movement on the list of broncos i was considering and prices are still going down down down. Probably no issues with them but i steered away from a couple very early 22 builds in favor of the later build, just thinking about the tops maybe being slightly better and general build bugs being worked out.

OP
OP
Sean6365

Sean6365

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sold my 22 base base back in Nov. and just bought a very low mileage late build 22 Raptor. I watched prices over the holidays just tank but jumped when I found one semi local I could easily see before I bought, and drive home. I'm still watching movement on the list of broncos i was considering and prices are still going down down down. Probably no issues with them but i steered away from a couple very early 22 builds in favor of the later build, just thinking about the tops maybe being slightly better and general build bugs being worked out.
Ok, sounds like a plan for me to look for the later builds. What dates are considered later build for the 22?
Sponsored