Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My last Carvana offer was about 1/2 of original MSRP on a 21 with 20k. I think that would be pretty normal pre-covid?
Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn
Gonna have to come up switch some really killer sob stories to flip em now!

there were some real good ones how they had no choice but to sell it for more than they paid

I see people buy sell cars a lot and are upside down.

but to be honest you canā€™t take it with you! Spend it if you got it and you only live once

bigblockfox545

Black Diamond
First Name
jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 FOX 2009 M3 2008 STI 2005 F350 2018 OB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Could care less about the falling prices. Currently happening to every vehicle in the market. New or used.

The only thing that will make me sell my bronco is if a coyote goes in. Preferably not in the highest trim level. Would like a black diamond, hoss 3.0 and a coyote.

If not I'm keeping mine for the long haul. Great rig.

OP
OP
Googz13

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I appreciate that there are people here that will keep their broncoā€™s forever and hope to pass it on to family, but the focus of the question is was not meant for that group.

As a mass produced vehicle, the vast majority of broncoā€™s will make it to the used market and eventually the crusher.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Every few months I check my 21 Basesquatch out on carvana and noticed about a 3k-4k drop in value.

I have a lease and was considering a buyout in October; however, at this rate it seems like there will be zero or negative equity at that point.

Anyone else notice a huge drop off or is this just a carvana issue?
LOL, I don't even want to know what my 2021 is worth with 90k miles... They will probably want me to pay them a disposal fee.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went to a few dealers and the offer on my 23, OBX, 3K miles, SAS Hard top was $43,000 for the highest offer, I will keep it with that kind of hit.
I had a different experience this past November, I had a 2023 2door OBX adv 4x4 high package with tow (MSRP 51,270; paid $40,476) and with 5k miles got $49k on trade.

With that offer and the discounts on the F-150 XL 5.0 STX 4wd, I walked out with a new F-150 and kept my now near worthless 2021 2.7 Bronco OBX adv 4x4 with Lux and tow packages.

Wardognal

Outer Banks
First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It really depends on the brand. Stellantis overpriced their garbage and have months if not half-a-year of supply on the lots. It's why you can get $10K-$15K off Jeeps too. Toyota/Honda? Maybe a few thousand discount at most and not as much supply.

https://www.coxautoinc.com/market-insights/new-vehicle-inventory-december-2023/

1706923849205.png
Of course each brand will differ. But my point is that the market as a whole has changed. If you have this same chart from a year ago it would indicate less inventory on all brands compared to this chart.

Bigfx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, the whole I got ripped off and thatā€™s ok with me bc Iā€™m keeping it forever thing is hilarious, I mean itā€™s like a reminder of being impatient and making a bad decision!! I mean I got mine 4k below sticker with price protection and I still overpaid lol. The pandemic/covid really did a number on everyone, no one thought the floor was going to fall out and it is but its slowly happening, we will all have to pay the piper I just hope most of yall are old like me and have your own homes etc so while it burns a little itā€™s not financially strapping you down.

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak 4dr, '12 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wishing I'd waited just two months to get mine! Going for almost $5k less than what I paid.

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Broncoā€™s are doing better than most

Itā€™s all cars new and used. EVā€™s are worse..nobody is buying them.

massive inflation with no real increase in wages combined with high interest rates..thats your huckleberry

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 year order/wait hereā€¦ when arrived sticker was $7K higher than my order price; not to mention they were still wanting $5K of ADM still ā€¦. So my 23 BL was$12K under the ā€œgot to have itā€ price folks were paying. ( Happy I waited and PP was honored or I d of walkedā€¦. Apparently lots of folks donā€™t care about what something costs or they be got money to burn; not my situation !!!) šŸ˜

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I really feel like this is just a return to normal. Vehicles all lost 1/3 to 1/2 their new value in 3 years. It has always been this way. And that 1/2 off wonā€™t include ADM. So the most impatient of you will lose more than half.

COVID and shortages and 0% interest rates al combined to grossly inflate the values of used cars. It was always unsustainable. I bought a Porsche, drove it 4 years and 40k miles and sold it to Carvana at the peak for what I paid for it. How does this make any sense whatsoever? A wholesale price on a 4 year old Porsche was same as new price?

Now that times are returning to normal, expect your $60k 24 Badlands to be worth $30k trade-in come 2027. This is really good news for used car buyers.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Prices go up, and prices go down. I paid MSRP for my bronco just over a year ago and got nearly sticker for my wrangler trade-in that was three years old with 20,000 miles. if I was doing it today, Iā€™d probably pay 3 to 5 grand less for the bronco and get 3 to 5 grand less for the wrangler ;)

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not worried. I bought mine to keep it. For years, the Wrangler was one of the best residual values in the land. The same demographic and residual exists for the Bronco. We are in an overall market correction for non-essential things right now. Once the money flows again, toys like Broncos will be fine. Standard production vehicles are depreciating assets, some just better or worse than others.
love mine bought to keep not to sell
Sponsored