Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is anyone using a motor oil additive? My auto shop is recommending BG MOA. It gets good reviews for start/stop engines and turbochargers. It’s about $20 per oil change but carries a warranty.
I'm very much inclined, with a fairly new vehicle, to assume that between the manufacturer of the vehicle, and the manufactures of the oil which the vehicle's manufacturer recommends, that they know better what is good for the vehicle than any aftermarket additive manufacturer.

Now if we're talking about an old vehicle with a lot of wear, or one that is in some way being modified significantly outside the parameters of how it was originally engineered, then that may be a different matter.
Sponsored

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
STP is the racers edge

noise 2.jpg

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What’s the purpose of the oil additive? Anti-foaming, extreme pressure, detergency?

I would not ads at the beginning of an oil change cycle. It seems like something that would extend the lube life.

I believe The owners manual specifically says they do not recommend the usage of oil additives. If using this product, I would not allow the dealer to do it, as to avoid appearing on the vehicle’s history.

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Haha. Bet if I launched a line of oil additives branded “Snake” with a cool logo and a “laboratory” I’d make millions.
Sponsored