Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello everyone,

Figured I’d post up a Uwharrie roll call thread so members can chime in and make it easier to see who/when people will go to Uwharrie so they don’t have to wheel alone or want to wheel with fellow Bronco enthusiasts.

I’ll kick it off. Planning on heading there with the Bronco the second Saturday of April (8th). It’ll be a day trip. Will most likely run the loop trails +Dutch John, Dickey Bell and the back side of Daniel.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be in Moab the 1st week of April, and hopefully when I return my Bronco will be built, so I wouldn't be able to make probably any April trips but hopefully later ones I could make.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello everyone,

Figured I’d post up a Uwharrie roll call thread so members can chime in and make it easier to see who/when people will go to Uwharrie so they don’t have to wheel alone or want to wheel with fellow Bronco enthusiasts.

I’ll kick it off. Planning on heading there with the Bronco the second Saturday of April (8th). It’ll be a day trip. Will most likely run the loop trails +Dutch John, Dickey Bell and the back side of Daniel.
I may go that Saturday as well, depending on weather, let me know if you end up going. I've been there a few times in a JLU, but never in the Bronco so I wouldn't mind heading up with a few people. Probably camp Friday or Saturday night depending on weather.

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since my kids are on spring break, I'm taking the day off and taking the boys down to Uwharrie tomorrow, 4/4. If anyone is interested, feel free to join up! I'll be out there with my buddy in his non-rubicon jeep on 35s.

It's been about 12 years since I have been out there, so I'll be interested to see what the trails are like these days.

We'll stay away from Daniel and Dutch John (I don't remember that one being 'difficult', but that's what it is rated now) for this trip.

We'll go Wolf Den -> Lake View Trail -> Slab Pile -> Rocky Mtn -> Saw Mill.

Might head to Dickey Bell if time permits.

OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dickey Bell is more difficult than Dutch John for what it’s worth. Daniel is the most difficult. Weather permitting I plan on getting the Bronco up Daniel. Want to see if it can do it bone stock.

Gonna be at the Outpost at 9:30 Saturday morning. Forecast doesn’t look great but oh well. Little rain never hurt anyone! Hoping for a decent turnout!

Sponsored
OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For anyone going this Saturday bring rain gear and some hiking shoes if you have them with good tread. The trails can be slick when it rains…and they’re forecasting a lot of it! Going to be a muddy mess.

A handheld GMRS radio is a bonus so we don’t get soaked trying to communicate with each other all day. Another bonus is a way to air up/down yourself. I’ll have my full recovery kit but your own recovery kits are always encouraged.

OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco’s inaugural Uwharrie trip was a success. I was curious to see how a bone stock (driveline wise) Sasquatch Badlands could handle the trails. Met up with @Mountains2Metal and another 6G owner (not sure his forum name) and my buddy in his Jeep Gladiator on 37s. First trail was Wolf Den to find the newly constructed Lake View trail. It was meh…a Subaru could do it. From there we ran Dutch John then backtracked and ran Dickey Bell from bottom to top. That was a sporty trail and mine definitely put the skid plates to good use! Ran the hard line up the rock garden on Dickey Bell and after some good spotting by my Jeep buddy I made it up to the top. The other Broncos followed and made it to the top as well. No one single shotted that line today, took a few bumps and repositioning due to how slick it was.

After that we grabbed lunch and the other Broncos headed back to town. My Jeep buddy and I attempted to go up the front side of Daniel but it was way too muddy…we couldn’t even make it to the first gatekeeper ledge. So we turned around and ran the back side of Daniel to the top then called it a day. All in all it was a success!

I’m running the factory Badlands skid plates + RCI transmission, rear diff and crossmember skids. Also running an Asfir 4x4 transfer case skid brace and Barnes 4WD shock skids. Aside from that the Bronco is stock. Ran 17psi today. Was a little nervous to go much lower with the stock Goodyears.

Ford Bronco Uwharrie Roll Call 49CF3AEE-1D5E-4D66-BBFE-5C631A24CA35

Ford Bronco Uwharrie Roll Call 9299C65A-1087-469A-8BA4-A85B4E3E24C6

Ford Bronco Uwharrie Roll Call FFF45499-75FC-424A-BCFC-32F49E24FA9C

Ford Bronco Uwharrie Roll Call 2EA09AED-7C0C-4D51-87D4-3E279BB5F4D8

Sponsored

Mountains2Metal

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150, 67 Bronco, 94 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco’s inaugural Uwharrie trip was a success. I was curious to see how a bone stock (driveline wise) Sasquatch Badlands could handle the trails. Met up with @Mountains2Metal and another 6G owner (not sure his forum name) and my buddy in his Jeep Gladiator on 37s. First trail was Wolf Den to find the newly constructed Lake View trail. It was meh…a Subaru could do it. From there we ran Dutch John then backtracked and ran Dickey Bell from bottom to top. That was a sporty trail and mine definitely put the skid plates to good use! Ran the hard line up the rock garden on Dickey Bell and after some good spotting by my Jeep buddy I made it up to the top. The other Broncos followed and made it to the top as well. No one single shotted that line today, took a few bumps and repositioning due to how slick it was.

After that we grabbed lunch and the other Broncos headed back to town. My Jeep buddy and I attempted to go up the front side of Daniel but it was way too muddy…we couldn’t even make it to the first gatekeeper ledge. So we turned around and ran the back side of Daniel to the top then called it a day. All in all it was a success!

I’m running the factory Badlands skid plates + RCI transmission, rear diff and crossmember skids. Also running an Asfir 4x4 transfer case skid brace and Barnes 4WD shock skids. Aside from that the Bronco is stock. Ran 17psi today. Was a little nervous to go much lower with the stock Goodyears.

Ford Bronco Uwharrie Roll Call trim.AD3B8C6A-7627-49B3-A16A-BC8CC3900639.MOV

@Copperhorse73 and I had a blast! The weather could not have been better....haha...but that made for very little traffic on the trails. Thank you for the spot when I got hung up. The Bronco made it out in one piece, ready for Super Cel East. We will definitely be meeting you up there again.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

it’s me, I’m the other guy 🙂 and yes, Dickie was a bit slick, great spotting by you tho.

D00Mlemon

Badlands
First Name
Nino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uwharrie has been really great. I've only challenged myself in Dickey Bell thus far. I've been told to avoid Daniel. I have a stock badlands idk if I could make it up.

Anyone interested in a memorial week outing?

PXL_20230521_193856142.jpg

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uwharrie has been really great. I've only challenged myself in Dickey Bell thus far. I've been told to avoid Daniel. I have a stock badlands idk if I could make it up.

Anyone interested in a memorial week outing?

PXL_20230521_193856142.jpg
I'll be there Next weekend, arriving later on Friday and leaving Monday, but I'm probably going to be the only Bronco in a group of Jeeps.

A stock Badlands should be able to make it up the left hand line on Daniel without issue, and a Sasquatch ought ot be able to get up the right hand line.

Don't get me wrong, they aren't easy lines, and the gatekeeper to Daniel before you even get to those lines is challenging, You need a good spotter and to choose your lines carefully, But the rig is capable!

*Edit, I had the lines on Daniel backwards, Corrected.
Sponsored

Last edited: